Reduce Toxic Players In Game

210 replies to this topic

#1 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:03 PM

So, I'm sure we've seen abusive language being thrown about a lot and random TKers as well.

I think its time we had an in-game/after game rating system like that of LoL and other games like that. Those with bad enough ratings would get muted for a number of games.

Or those that has been reported as TKers would be locked out for x number of games.

On the flip side, those with good ratings would be seen as desirable players to play with. Maybe even give a paintjob or something if the rating stays up for a period of time.

Thoughts?

#2 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

Posted Image

#3 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

Oh noes, cant penalize derpy players.....cuz the game needs $$$.....or some other stupid excuse when someone comes up with an idea to penalize stupidity...

#4 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

Or those that has been reported as TKers would be locked out for x number of games.

Ive seen very little intentional teamkills, dont think thats needed.
It would also introduce a whole new level of trolling. Cored, messed up mech and bored? Why not run into the lightshow the nearest firendly laserboat sets off and report him for TK? Wouldnt surprise me if some did it.

I think its time we had an in-game/after game rating system like that of LoL and other games like that. Those with bad enough ratings would get muted for a number of games.

These rage quits and kiddiewars in public chat are entertaining, dont take them away please.
Are those ratings troll-safe? Theres no reason to downvote some players just for griefing, isnt there?

Maybe even give a paintjob or something if the rating stays up for a period of time.

Thats so easy to abuse. And if something can be abused, people will do so. No matter how low the reward.

Nice pic btw.

#5 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

Why not cut out the middleman? Get a screenshot and email support.

#6 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:20 PM

Ive seen very little intentional teamkills, dont think thats needed.
It would also introduce a whole new level of trolling. Cored, messed up mech and bored? Why not run into the lightshow the nearest firendly laserboat sets off and report him for TK? Wouldnt surprise me if some did it.

The way it works is that it requires a number of players to vote against the TKer instead of the one person that got TK'd. It would help against troll votes.

These rage quits and kiddiewars in public chat are entertaining, dont take them away please.
Are those ratings troll-safe? Theres no reason to downvote some players just for griefing, isnt there?

Entertaining? Yes. But abusive language should not be tolerated.

Thats so easy to abuse. And if something can be abused, people will do so. No matter how low the reward.

If people abuse this system, it means they will have to be good players to drop with so as to not incur any negative votes. Win-Win.

View PostDavers, on 21 December 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

I'm thinking this will reduce the work support has to sift through.

#7 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

View PostKaspirikay, on 21 December 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

I'm thinking this will reduce the work support has to sift through.

It would probably increase their workload by 1000%. Someone official would have to oversee all these votes to keep things legit.

#8 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:24 PM

It could work. Xbox live and PSN do it to some extent. You wouldn't have to check every vote if you did something like bad votes/matches played so that the ratio is only large for those who are truly griefers.

#9 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:27 PM

View PostKampfer, on 21 December 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

[Redacted]

This attitude is detrimental.To others and to yourself.

Edited by John Wolf, 22 December 2014 - 06:20 AM.
Moderated Quote

#10 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:28 PM

No.
If you want to play ultra casual, mega carebear, hand-holding games with absolutely no responsibility entrusted to the players, you already have hundreds of awful games like that.

#11 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostSerial Peacemaker, on 21 December 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

It could work. Xbox live and PSN do it to some extent. You wouldn't have to check every vote if you did something like bad votes/matches played so that the ratio is only large for those who are truly griefers.

Yes, if the ratio out weights the other end by a large amount, you know the votes would be legit.

#12 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

View PostDavers, on 21 December 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

^

#13 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2014 - 07:28 PM, said:

No.
If you want to play ultra casual, mega carebear, hand-holding games with absolutely no responsibility entrusted to the players, you already have hundreds of awful games like that.

But none of them are stompy robots from battletech

#14 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostKaspirikay, on 21 December 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

But none of them are stompy robots from battletech

Yeah, that's my point.

Keep your awful carebear mechanics out of my very oldschool, very raw robot shooter.

#15 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

Yeah, that's my point.

Keep your awful carebear mechanics out of my very oldschool, very raw robot shooter.

Oldschool doesn't mean it has to be behind times. With Steam release in the future, we need to be prepared to take on the onslaught of trolls.

#16 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:38 PM

View PostKaspirikay, on 21 December 2014 - 07:32 PM, said:

Oldschool doesn't mean it has to be behind times. With Steam release in the future, we need to be prepared to take on the onslaught of trolls.

Yes, all the trolls and kiddies will surely download an infamous F2P title related to a franchise three times as old as they.

Let me tell you about MWO's population.

There's old men. We're talking 40+ year olds. They're army veterans. The Joseph Mallans. 10,000 dollars in minis, 30 years of battletech books. You ask them to quote a page in a TRO, and they'll do it.
Then there's the 4channers, like me. We've spent over a decade playing with the worst the internet has to offer.
You also have goons. A lot of goons. All the goons, essentially.
And then there's the competitive, hardcore russians and tryhards, formed up into elite units. I imagine they look a bit like this guy, and have the exact same philosophy.

The cherry on top is the golds. Old men and women who've spent hundreds of dollars buying digital robots. They were doing this years before starcitizen was even a fever dream.

So tell me why you fear that trolls and kids would invade this game.

In fact, I'm willing to bet money on the fact that any steam kids and trolls who come here to farm cheap laughs will instead find themselves hunted for sport, and discarded as their sanity leaves them.

Edited by John Wolf, 21 December 2014 - 08:36 PM.
Language Bypass

#17 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

There's old men. We're talking 40+ year olds.

So you consider 40 old?, interesting, mind if i ask how young you are bro?

#18 Admiral Beard Al Yankovich

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Yes, all the trolls and kiddies will surely download an infamous F2P title related to a franchise three times as old as they.

Let me tell you about MWO's population.

There's old men. We're talking 40+ year olds. They're army veterans. The Joseph Mallans. 10,000 dollars in minis, 30 years of battletech books. You ask them to quote a page in a TRO, and they'll do it.
Then there's the 4channers, like me. We've spent over a decade playing with the worst the internet has to offer.
You also have goons. A lot of goons. All the goons, essentially.
And then there's the competitive, hardcore russians and tryhards, formed up into elite units. I imagine they look a bit like this guy, and have the exact same philosophy.

The cherry on top is the golds. Old men and women who've spent hundreds of dollars buying digital robots. They were doing this years before starcitizen was even a fever dream.

So tell me why you fear that trolls and kids would invade this game.

In fact, I'm willing to bet money on the fact that any steam kids and trolls who come here to farm cheap laughs will instead find themselves hunted for sport, and discarded as their sanity leaves them.

holy **** someone that knows what the good players look like, i bow to you oh great one

Edited by John Wolf, 21 December 2014 - 08:36 PM.
Language Bypass

#19 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 21 December 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

So you consider 40 old?, interesting, mind if i ask how young you are bro?

I am 29 years young.

#20 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

I am 29 years young.

Really?, that surprises me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users