• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:55 AM

View PostNichiren, on 21 December 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

Pretty simple solution to this.

Step One: Watch the hair pulling in all/team chat.
Step Two: Remind yourself that unlike the majority of online multiplayer games, it's not thirteen year olds, but grown ass men behaving like them.
Step Three: Chuckle your way through the rest of the game with the mental image of balding men* trying to,grab each other's hair like they're grasping at straws.

*Whether those involved are balding older gentlemen are irrelevant, it's the comical imagery that matters~

You win the argument, sir! :lol:

#62 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:57 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 December 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

I know. I'm barely old enough to play this game.

Yeah IIRC you weren't even born when this game was BattleDroids!

#63 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:08 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 December 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

I like this side of ya Mud. Its not the "TS ate my baby" side. Keep this up! B)

I will try :)

#64 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:12 AM

wait, you actively had to enable global chat or troll chatmhow we call it... and then you qq when people trash talk there?

Did I get that right?

Seriously... welcome to the internet. As long as that is just some smack talk, who cares? and if it gets racist or worse, screencap and mail that to support, same with intentional TKs.

Why is everyone so upset these days, it is a game. people are jerks, laugh about it and go on. All that rage about old men making your-mother jokes...

#65 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:13 AM

View PostMercules, on 22 December 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

Because it is unnecessary? If you have an issue with someone tell them, politely. Move on. You don't passive aggressively punch a button saying, "You are a bad person." Same thing with complimenting people. If someone does a good job you simply tell them, "Hey Merc nice job ducking that guy." Move on. Why set up yet another database to track this when the community can do itself just be being a community and reporting the bad seeds?

I'm not sure how this applies to the more extreme case of TKers. "Good sir, that was most rude of you, and I would like an apology sharpish." doesn't sound like it'd do much. Especially after they've done the deed.

I'm in favor of the auto restrictions if the person in question is group flagged during a match due to said TK. If he/she starts the match like that, then it sounds fair that he/she be stopped before it continues, or it forces the victim team to retaliate. The one who wasTK'd can initiate the vote ( Being teamkilled as a requirement), and all players can weigh in.

If that quota is met, the offender is disconnected. Nobody has to loose C Bills for a teamkill penalty.

#66 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

There's no real reason to set up something like that currently. Not that it's bad, it's just a waste of time.

Besides, I'd never use it. In game chat can be almost as hilarious as the forums at times.

#67 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:31 AM

I think there are folks who would downvote anyone who boats lrms, or plays a try hard mech, etc.

#68 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:35 AM

View PostEonai, on 22 December 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

I'm not sure how this applies to the more extreme case of TKers. "Good sir, that was most rude of you, and I would like an apology sharpish." doesn't sound like it'd do much. Especially after they've done the deed.

I'm in favor of the auto restrictions if the person in question is group flagged during a match due to said TK. If he/she starts the match like that, then it sounds fair that he/she be stopped before it continues, or it forces the victim team to retaliate. The one who wasTK'd can initiate the vote ( Being teamkilled as a requirement), and all players can weigh in.

If that quota is met, the offender is disconnected. Nobody has to loose C Bills for a teamkill penalty.

You simply notify your opponents and your team that "X" is a teamkiller, then you put in a ticket with support stating the time and such. You typically get a response in less than an hour and not the automated response. Said person's account is locked. Why do we need to flag them when they will be either taking a vacation or deleted?

#69 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostMercules, on 22 December 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

You simply notify your opponents and your team that "X" is a teamkiller, then you put in a ticket with support stating the time and such. You typically get a response in less than an hour and not the automated response. Said person's account is locked. Why do we need to flag them when they will be either taking a vacation or deleted?

My goal is to address how to deal with the person at the time of the teamkill and avoiding the penalty. Granted, that method would work afterward.

#70 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostEonai, on 22 December 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

My goal is to address how to deal with the person at the time of the teamkill and avoiding the penalty. Granted, that method would work afterward.

You ignore the petulant little child and don't reward his behaviour by paying any mind to it. It's called Extinction. If they don't get the reaction they want from the behaviour they stop doing it. I spent several years working with kids with behavioural issues in a group home environment, online gamers are simple to deal with now.

"Mercules: Player1 is a TKer."

and then I report them.

It's simple, there is very little drama, and drama is what these people want.

Who cares if they TK for a game. It's at most 15 minutes out of my life and not a big deal.

#71 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:16 AM

If somebody throws vile language at me I usually smile or tell him/her 'I love you, darlin.'

And tkills I hardly ever see.

I see no need for what you suggest.

#72 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:17 AM

Easy fix for the language. Pgi installs a chat filter. There are many off the shelf solutions for this, easy as pie.

#73 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:18 AM

View PostMogney, on 22 December 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

Easy fix for the language. Pgi installs a chat filter. There are many off the shelf solutions for ***, easy as pie.
And work much like this! :lol:

#74 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 22 December 2014 - 02:30 AM, said:

because some organised teams may abuse it

hells ya

it would become a minigame

#75 Kirkland Langue

• Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:46 AM

View PostKaspirikay, on 21 December 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

So, I'm sure we've seen abusive language being thrown about a lot and random TKers as well.

1. "Abusive Language" - If someone piloting an IS mech (Clan Mech) were to throw abusive language at someone piloting a Clan mech (IS Mech), that seems more like Role Playing than anything they should get in trouble for. :P
2. As for Random TKers - someone who is truly trying to grief their fellow teammate isn't going to kill them - they are going to leg them.

#76 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostDavers, on 21 December 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

Why not cut out the middleman? Get a screenshot and email support.

Why don't PGI just add an in-game reporting tool?

#77 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 22 December 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Why don't PGI just add an in-game reporting tool?

For reporting Tools? :huh:

Many a player has been reported over the time I've been here. I don't remember ever hearing of a successful banning. Not even a Fonging!
Posted Image

#78 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:53 AM

I wish there was a way that we can limit the chance to queue with a person. Especially if you find the person not attempting to help the team.

#79 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 December 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

For reporting Tools? :huh:

Many a player has been reported over the time I've been here. I don't remember ever hearing of a successful banning. Not even a Fonging!
Posted Image

Typically they don't tell you what the results are. I have had one support person slip up and let me know that someone would no longer have that account due to the actions I reported.

#80 blood4blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 527 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:55 AM

Scenario #1: Teammate hugs enemy who is the target of your LRM's. Now you're a teamkiller.
Scenario #2: You're too eager or have a lag spike and accidentally back-shoot a teammate while aiming at an enemy, making you a teamkiller.
Scenario #3: In this F2P game about to go on Steam we get all the little trolls the OP fears. Implement the mute/suspension-by-player-vote system, and what do you think they're going to do with it?

Basically, a player vote system with real and immediate consequences in an F2P game is just too easy to misuse or abuse. Bad idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users