Steiner Betrays Is, Becomes Clan Wolf Bondsman

70 replies to this topic

#1 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

Steiner has betrayed the Inner sphere by forming an alliance with Clan Wolf, Clan wolf launches an all out offense against FRR with Steiner blessings. Meanwhile Steiner launches attacks against other IS houses

Fierce fighting erupts all along the clan FRR border as all Clan efforts focus on the FRR. Reports are streaming in about Steiner units that were engaged in defense of FRR worlds in exchange for a FRR/Steiner ceasefire are now capitulating to advancing Wolf forces with only token resistance.

Meanwhile, clan forces freed up by lack of IS attacks pour into the last minute defense of Lovinac, an FRR planet captured by the wolves that saw it's almost certain liberation at the hands of FRR forces turn into a close run battle.

#2 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostAbivard, on 21 December 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

Steiner has betrayed the Inner sphere by forming an alliance with Clan Wolf, Clan wolf launches an all out offense against FRR with Steiner blessings. Meanwhile Steiner launches attacks against other IS houses

Fierce fighting erupts all along the clan FRR border as all Clan efforts focus on the FRR. Reports are streaming in about Steiner units that were engaged in defense of FRR worlds in exchange for a FRR/Steiner ceasefire are now capitulating to advancing Wolf forces with only token resistance.

Meanwhile, clan forces freed up by lack of IS attacks pour into the last minute defense of Lovinac, an FRR planet captured by the wolves that saw it's almost certain liberation at the hands of FRR forces turn into a close run battle.

Really, how could you guys loose Lovinac? We had literally a 100% of it when we left.

#3 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:23 AM

You can't blame the Steiner faction for their actions entirely. Remember, there have to be at least two sides for conflict, and the Steiner are only one. If the rest of IS wants a piece of them, they can't sit idle and giggle, can they?

#4 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:09 AM

Considering we have 1/3 of the contested worlds in the Inner Sphere to deal with.... how about you STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are getting hammered by Jade Falcon and Marik was taking our worlds everyday since they weren't even being contested at all. Kurita and FRR has been taking our worlds as well... all this talk about getting the factions "Balanced" when one faction as a 6 fronted war is bullshit. You have a ceasefire with the kuritas... so just deal with the wolves and be grateful you dont have to listens to LORDs being douches when they win.

Nathan

#5 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:59 AM

There you have it folks, stfu because it's tough fighting clanners. Weird how somehow Kurita and Rasalhague still exist even though we aren't the 2nd biggest faction in the game, or have the biggest one backing us up 24/7.

#6 Ben Delat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSiegerland

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

Yeah, we should STFU, because we managed to give the Teddies actually a hard time to conquer our Planets.....

While we seek diplomatic solutions with the IS Houses, including Steiner, the Lyrans seek their allies with the Hordes of Wolves.

I can´t say what surprises me more, that LC did that, or that Clan Welp agreed........

#7 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:44 AM

Meh...as a Merc, I get it. Steiner is seeking CAPABLE allies ;)

#8 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:53 AM

Seriously??? Talk about rolling over and taking it up the @$$... Steiner capitulates this early to the wolves? LOL what a bunch cyber wimps. Maybe try fighting back instead of whining?

#9 Hardin4188

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

The Wolves aren't the problem for us. Our problem is Jade Falcon so it makes sense for us to have a ceasefire with the Wolves. They have no love for the Jade Falcons.

#10 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

I know the RiverHounds don't stand for too much in the grand scheme of CW, but our IRL allies, the First Rasalhague Dragon Regiment and the First Rasalhague Hussars, prevent us from assaulting FRR worlds, as a point of honour.

Rest assured we will not take part in the seizing of any FRR planets.

#11 Inappropriate954

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

I totally understand the move, but I do believe this move will come back an haunt them later. Steiner has a lot of very weak players and units (not insulting just pointing out an observation and doesn't apply to all Steiners or units) that hinder them being able to put up with the onslaught that was being handed to them by sheer placement on the faction map. I do foresee a shift in IS clans wanting to make the Steiners pay for this alliance just out of sheer principle.

#12 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

Sorry, we stopped the incredible loss of planets and we ended the loss of planets to the ones who conquered the most of our planets, House FRR. And now you are going mad? Wow... war is crazy!

#13 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostCatalina Steiner, on 22 December 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Sorry, we stopped the incredible loss of planets and we ended the loss of planets to the ones who conquered the most of our planets, House FRR. And now you are going mad? Wow... war is crazy!

Thats a bullshit excuse, Steiner cancelled our NAP negociations, not the FRR. Watch what we can do if we decide to actually attack Steiner space. Clan Wolf didn´t put much of a fight either when my unit attacked Lovinac yesterday.

Edited by Klappspaten, 22 December 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#14 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 22 December 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Thats a bullshit excuse, Steiner cancelled our NAP negociations, not the FRR. Watch what we can do if we decide to actually attack Steiner space. Clan Wolf didn´t put much of a fight either when my unit attacked Lovinac yesterday.

Priorities my barbarian cousin, priorities...

#15 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 22 December 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

You take their planets for days on end and then you ask for a non aggression pact? Did you honestly expect that to work? Stick to fighting clans and maybe Steiner would be more open to diplomacy.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 22 December 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#16 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 22 December 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

You take their planets for days on end and then you ask for a non aggression pact? Did you honestly expect that to work? Stick to fighting clans and maybe Steiner would be more open to diplomacy.

We didn´t ask for anything, they approached us.

#17 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 22 December 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

We didn´t ask for anything, they approached us.

You're right, my mistake. One unit approached you without first making sure that the rest of the faction actually wanted an NAP, and when it turned out that nobody else did, they called it off and started fighting clans. Is that about right? That doesn't answer my question though, did anyone honestly expect the majority of Steiner units to support such a treaty?

Edited by Satan n stuff, 22 December 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#18 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:58 AM

No, but that has nothing to do with what I said. All I said is that they could have had peace on our border, but they didn´t wanted to, their loss. How has that Clan Wolf attack on the FRR worked out so far? Oh yeah, they lost Lovinac, seems as if Steiner has picked the right faction to join forces with.

#19 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostBen Delat, on 22 December 2014 - 07:38 AM, said:

Yeah, we should STFU, because we managed to give the Teddies actually a hard time to conquer our Planets.....

While we seek diplomatic solutions with the IS Houses, including Steiner, the Lyrans seek their allies with the Hordes of Wolves.

I can´t say what surprises me more, that LC did that, or that Clan Welp agreed........

They are smart to ally with the Wolves, they know we cannot be stopped.

CI has been fighting well for you guys but in the end they will fall.

#20 Kaeseblock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 258 posts
  • LocationEU / Deutschland

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

Well, from my Merc eyes this is kinda weird.
Actually, I personally don't mind that Steiner signs a NAP with Clan Wolf. It's beneficial for both sides, so why not.

*looks at Steiner attacking Orestes*

But what's to gain from opening a three front war for Steiner and FRR? Wouldn't it be more clever not to attack each other so that Steiner can concentrate on fighting the Falcons and Mariks with full force and the FRR can hold back the Bears?

I don't see how Steiner wins anything from this. :huh: They just replace the Wolves with the FRR in their conflict and FRR is the stronger faction so far. So the only ones who profitate are the Wolves and Bears.

Edited by Kaeseblock, 22 December 2014 - 02:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users