4 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan Hoag

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:46 PM

Hello, everyone,

Is it possible that the initial patch can be downloaded for future installations?

I have had to re-install MWO a few times on this system, and every time I do it, I have to walk away for at least two hours because the initial patch download is so huge.

If I could download the initial patch just the once, and store it on my HD, that would greatly speed up the process.

V/r,

Jonathan Hoag

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:55 AM

Not that I am aware of.

You can try to copy the content of the original installation into a backup directory. Once you need to reinstall, you run the installer and copy the content back into the original target directory. You might need to run the repair tool if you do it this way and I'm not sure if it even works the way I imagine it.

#3 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:40 AM

Does the repair tool not work for you? I recently repaired my installation, the repair tool can be found on the launch browser under the button that looks like gears.

#4 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:58 AM

View PostEgomane, on 22 December 2014 - 02:55 AM, said:

Not that I am aware of.

You can try to copy the content of the original installation into a backup directory. Once you need to reinstall, you run the installer and copy the content back into the original target directory. You might need to run the repair tool if you do it this way and I'm not sure if it even works the way I imagine it.

Works very well, i've done it like this...

1. Install MWO + patches.
2. Go to your installation folder (C:/ "..." Piranha Games/).
3. Copy and paste your "Mechwarrior Online" folder. You should have your "Mechwarrior Online" and "Mechwarrior Online - Copy"
4. If needed, rename your "Mechwarrior Online" folder to "Mechwarrior Online - old"
5. Rename your "Mechwarrior Online - Copy" folder to "Mechwarrior Online"

#5 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:26 AM

It would be possible but it wouldn't be worth it, as patches can change quite rapidly so your copy would go out of date real quick. It's always, always, best to do clean downloads using the latest patch version as in the long run it saves time and hassle from the instance when you do a full install with your archived copy to just find out its out of date and useless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users