• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:16 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 January 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

But we miss you guys. :(

We miss you guys too, but we have to ask ourselves -

where is this relationship going? Yeah, we have great times together. You make us laugh, sometimes we cry but in a good way. We've had our shares of ups and downs and way more good times than bad, but what sort of commitment are we aiming for? Long term? Where's that going to go? I'm worried that while we enjoy each others company we just don't want to totally annihilate each other. We're only getting older and our CW populations fluctuating, do we really want to spend all the time we have left just... playing around? You fondle our worlds we fondle yours? Plus we've got a pretty sick relationship with Liao to deal with (they are Stage 4 Clingers. They have nobody else and we can't seem to shake them lose) and now Kurita, that wonderful enemy we always thought we had something special with - that wonderful faction you could really get behind seeing totally annihilated, they're back and totally DTF.

We've got something really special there. Don't think we don't value and appreciate you, you're always going to be our favorite. The real problem is we just respect you too much to do to you the things that Kurita *wants* us to do to them. Liao wants it but, well, we just don't have the investment with Liao to take our relationship that far.

So while we can shoot each other in the face sometimes, it may just be time for us to start spending more time killing other people. Just remember though -

We'll always have Wazan.

#203 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 January 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:

We miss you guys too, but we have to ask ourselves -

where is this relationship going? Yeah, we have great times together. You make us laugh, sometimes we cry but in a good way. We've had our shares of ups and downs and way more good times than bad, but what sort of commitment are we aiming for? Long term? Where's that going to go? I'm worried that while we enjoy each others company we just don't want to totally annihilate each other. We're only getting older and our CW populations fluctuating, do we really want to spend all the time we have left just... playing around? You fondle our worlds we fondle yours? Plus we've got a pretty sick relationship with Liao to deal with (they are Stage 4 Clingers. They have nobody else and we can't seem to shake them lose) and now Kurita, that wonderful enemy we always thought we had something special with - that wonderful faction you could really get behind seeing totally annihilated, they're back and totally DTF.

We've got something really special there. Don't think we don't value and appreciate you, you're always going to be our favorite. The real problem is we just respect you too much to do to you the things that Kurita *wants* us to do to them. Liao wants it but, well, we just don't have the investment with Liao to take our relationship that far.

So while we can shoot each other in the face sometimes, it may just be time for us to start spending more time killing other people. Just remember though -

We'll always have Wazan.

http://youtu.be/hrOLeX6QeVc

Edited by dervishx5, 24 January 2015 - 10:25 PM.

#204 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:06 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 24 January 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

I had to like and unlike this repeatedly, because it needs more likes than can be easily done.

#205 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 January 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

We gave Kurita breathing room and spent time cleaning our own house and then went for the backstab. Why should we ever make that mistake again?

I keep seeing people post about a ceasefire between Davion and Kurita. I'd like to know who organized and/or authorized such a ceasefire? A ceasefire between Davion and Kurita has never been discussed by DCMS command. If someone is going around claiming they represent House Kurita falsely, this is a pretty serious issue that needs to be dealt with.

#206 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:43 AM

View Postpwnface, on 25 January 2015 - 02:11 AM, said:

I keep seeing people post about a ceasefire between Davion and Kurita. I'd like to know who organized and/or authorized such a ceasefire? A ceasefire between Davion and Kurita has never been discussed by DCMS command. If someone is going around claiming they represent House Kurita falsely, this is a pretty serious issue that needs to be dealt with.

Good question. Such conversations go on well above my rank and rate but we had some official instructions to lay off the DCMS border - that's why we were not attacking you guys. In fact there was a lot of push to get organized units dropping in your defense on the CJS border - we had some great matches doing so, it's generally pretty entertaining and hugely profitable (most Clanners have no clue what to do with a organized IS 12man) right up until you pull 228. Then you just bite the pillow and wait for it to be over.

So it was a big shock when Kurita showed up guns blazing. I figured any intrusion into Kurita space would have been worked out officially to get Davion a CSJ border and help you guys in the long run or something similar, that's why folks were so happy to see an official Kurita leadership to negotiate with.

All fine though. Kurita has always been in a tough place and because of that it was hard to justify attacking Kurita while they were struggling with so many borders, especially when you were saying to us (ostensibly I guess, if there was a conversation I wasn't involved) that you wanted a quiet border.

Admittedly I'm very spoiled in Davion. If we have an official agreement or tactical direction or anything like that we pretty much all know it the same day it happens. I know we had an understanding with Kurita because my team leadership said we were not attacking Kurita and everyone I dropped with knew the same thing by the end of the same day. There may have been some Kurita folks who went to Davion and you didn't know. Perhaps the misunderstanding was ours and we should have been dropping Kurita worlds this whole time.

All a bit after the fact though. I <3 AC5 dragon builds and nobody else uses them - Marik loves LRMs and lights, Liao has 3 different major merc groups with their own specific flavors but you guys love the long range game and attrition.

Give it 24 hours and we'll have some surprises for you. As a given rule we adapt pretty quickly.

#207 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:49 AM

To make it clear again. There was no conversation/Ceasefire or something else but if you are still sure then pls tell me who was involved and we will have a look at this.
Our HC didnt get any proposal

Edited by Reitmeier, 25 January 2015 - 02:50 AM.

#208 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:34 AM

View PostReitmeier, on 25 January 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

To make it clear again. There was no conversation/Ceasefire or something else but if you are still sure then pls tell me who was involved and we will have a look at this.
Our HC didnt get any proposal

+1

I've talked to several Davion units, who were happy to know that we weren't going to fight them and decided to help us by occasionally fight on HK clan front, but nothing was ever official. It was a cold war- Davies attacked if we attacked, not a hard ceasefire.

#209 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 25 January 2015 - 03:34 AM, said:

+1

I've talked to several Davion units, who were happy to know that we weren't going to fight them and decided to help us by occasionally fight on HK clan front, but nothing was ever official. It was a cold war- Davies attacked if we attacked, not a hard ceasefire.

Is it just me, or is that the definition of a cease-fire?

A "hard cease-fire" as you put it, is called a Non-Agression-Pact. Cease-fires are simply, let's not kill each other for a short while, and end in either being upgraded to NAPs, or broken. Generally speaking, cease-fires are very tenuous, which is why if there is any action, people will look for full confirmation, to see if there was an actual breech, or if it's a false flag situation.

#210 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

It's alright. Kurita had some command decisions to make - their northern border was functionally indefensible. Davion is split up and lower on population than usual and made their best direction to 'run'. There's no cowardice in that, just some command decisions.

The real issue was us trying to ignore the Kurita border. That was always where our bread and butter was - Kurita and past them to the Clans. The only real problem here is that we waited too long and Kurita attacked us first when we were not ready and occupied elsewhere (and half of us pugging for Cataphracts).

CW is a marathon, not a sprint though. We got a ton of worlds on several borders without having the top-tier merc units come in and do the heavy lifting for us. Not that we don't love and appreciate our merc units. We've been host to some great ones and never object to working with units who want to fight for the sun and sword.

However our growth wasn't driven by 1 or 2 elite units with huge membership. We had a lot of folks in mid sized groups focusing up and we do that well.

Kurita made the best choice available out of a number of poor ones. No harm in that; speaks well of their new leadership that they showed up coordinated. Now though we need to get focused up and go where Davion needs to go -

North.

#211 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

Bring it Feddies. We're looking forward to some epic House loyalist fights. Mercs are fine, and offer a great challenge, but nothing gets the blood going like seeing faction loyalist units lining up against you. :)

#212 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:58 PM

Yup yup nothing to see down here Davion. Wink wink

#213 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 25 January 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

It's alright. Kurita had some command decisions to make - their northern border was functionally indefensible. Davion is split up and lower on population than usual and made their best direction to 'run'. There's no cowardice in that, just some command decisions.

The real issue was us trying to ignore the Kurita border. That was always where our bread and butter was - Kurita and past them to the Clans. The only real problem here is that we waited too long and Kurita attacked us first when we were not ready and occupied elsewhere (and half of us pugging for Cataphracts).

CW is a marathon, not a sprint though. We got a ton of worlds on several borders without having the top-tier merc units come in and do the heavy lifting for us. Not that we don't love and appreciate our merc units. We've been host to some great ones and never object to working with units who want to fight for the sun and sword.

However our growth wasn't driven by 1 or 2 elite units with huge membership. We had a lot of folks in mid sized groups focusing up and we do that well.

Kurita made the best choice available out of a number of poor ones. No harm in that; speaks well of their new leadership that they showed up coordinated. Now though we need to get focused up and go where Davion needs to go -

North.

Finally an objective view from someone who put themselves in our position for once.

This also gives us a chance to really see what our high council is capable of. Right now HK feels more unified then in the past by far.
We also get to see how effective we are with zero pug interference.

It's been great getting to know each of the Davion house units and how they play, adapt and react. It has really been fun to see.

Hope to see you out there :)

#214 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostProphetic, on 26 January 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

Finally an objective view from someone who put themselves in our position for once.

This also gives us a chance to really see what our high council is capable of. Right now HK feels more unified then in the past by far.
We also get to see how effective we are with zero pug interference.

It's been great getting to know each of the Davion house units and how they play, adapt and react. It has really been fun to see.

Hope to see you out there :)

You know we've played the Clans, every border - which is all the same. There's not a lot of variety in Clan tactics. Wouldn't expect there to be; so few options for them.

Marik and Liao have some variations but they've refined down stuff that works really well. HK (more to the point NS) showed up with some new tactics that we really need to adapt to a bit quicker than we have been :P Managing your pug population directly and indirectly is a game unto itself but at least on an IS vs IS border you can do so and the pugs there are ostensibly fighting for their faction and have a desire to win. My biggest fear long term for CW is Davion getting a Clan border and me getting banned for TKing the **** out of people sandbagging on our border. I'm a patient guy but if I had to deal with that every day..... yeah. that needs a solution.

Glad things are working out with your council. I can't imagine how any faction can function without one and seeing you guys really build some success with yours will hopefully help others do the same.

If I can just get to play you guys somewhere other than defending Boreal...

#215 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 25 January 2015 - 02:43 AM, said:

Give it 24 hours and we'll have some surprises for you.

http://i.imgur.com/48pjbEx.png

#216 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostPerfectDuck, on 27 January 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

Posted Image

Fixed for ya.

#217 Stormthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 24 January 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

Kurita wants a Davion front lets give it to them. We've got a 12 or 17 world buffer we've taken from Liao.

So... That buffer is gone... now what?

Edited by Stormthorn, 30 January 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#218 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

View PostStormthorn, on 30 January 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

So... That buffer is gone... now what?

Uhhhhh..... No. Not really. Liao is still about a dozen or so planets off. We had buffers on other borders as well. Just because our planet count dipped into the negative doesn't mean the buffers are gone. Only that one or two of the fronts got push super hard, to where our gains are being surpassed by the losses.

#219 Stormthorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 30 January 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

Uhhhhh..... No. Not really. Liao is still about a dozen or so planets off. We had buffers on other borders as well. Just because our planet count dipped into the negative doesn't mean the buffers are gone. Only that one or two of the fronts got push super hard, to where our gains are being surpassed by the losses.

OH. That makes so much sense. That is what the Combine is doing also! We have a buffer as well. That's why we aren't worried at all about the Clans.

#220 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

Hey, you guys keep coming. Been a lot of fun. Got some wins today (a first, though generally I'm part of a pug group getting fed to NS for a few hours steady :P)

You're eating us slower than CSJ is eating you. Now that the big merc units are gone from CSJ it's a little tough to say 'bah, no point to fighting CSJ they are too many'. You guys play great and well organized though. Not going to complain about good matches either way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users