Its Been Said 1000 Times Already But...

9 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Soth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:01 AM

Why are there no in game communications in this freaking game after 2 years???????? I just don't get it.

I remember early closed beta there was at least a public TS server where anyone could go to find a group and play. That was great for solo dropping if none of your clan were about, plus you got to meet some pretty cool people.

Please, please address this issue..

#2 CH103

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:41 AM

This issue has had people banging on about it for ages and all I have heard is from PGI at some point in the future. It is probably going to be the case that it may not be implemented until after the full release of Comunity Warfare, however it would be nice if this was implemented part of the Community Warfare experience.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:26 AM

View PostLord Soth, on 22 December 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

Why are there no in game communications in this freaking game after 2 years???????? I just don't get it.

I remember early closed beta there was at least a public TS server where anyone could go to find a group and play. That was great for solo dropping if none of your clan were about, plus you got to meet some pretty cool people.

Please, please address this issue..

Its easier for PGI to let players use already established VOiP programs than to make its own. It is supported and easy to use.

#4 9thDeathscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDown Under. 260 pinging.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:37 AM

Look at BF4 for example. It has Voip and on the Aussie Servers (many different ones) I have rarely heard anyone use em. Most peeps use TS3.

#5 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:46 AM

Fun fact, steamworks integration is happening according to russ, which includes VoIP. Just saying yo.

#6 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:47 AM

View PostAkulla1980, on 22 December 2014 - 04:37 AM, said:

Look at BF4 for example. It has Voip and on the Aussie Servers (many different ones) I have rarely heard anyone use em. Most peeps use TS3.

Most games that do include VOIP, have an extremely poor implementation of it. As a result, people continue to use external software because not only does it draw less resources from the game, it sounds better and offers a bazillion things that a half arsed in game one doesn't.

It's something useful for consoles. For PCs? Not so much.

#7 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:54 AM

No one is really interested in voip if they are already into teamspeak. It is in itself selfish and self centered. New players and casuals would benefit most. It would not affect teams at all if implemented correctly.

Skip the command wheel as its a ploy to keep those in the top of the food chain right where they are.

If you want real balance in game you must have voip. Right now you cannot tell good players from bad because of the disparity.
Just as the past few years all I read is disparaging remarks about pugs/solos. Then came the tourney and behold both Merc Corps and Lone wolfs did better than most factions while including all kinds of new players. The Faction/Team myth is just that. With Voip the argument would end.

Some people are afraid of the chips falling that way.

#8 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostShadowWolf Kell, on 22 December 2014 - 04:47 AM, said:

Most games that do include VOIP, have an extremely poor implementation of it.

This is an old and tired myth.

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:08 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 22 December 2014 - 04:54 AM, said:

No one is really interested in voip if they are already into teamspeak. It is in itself selfish and self centered. New players and casuals would benefit most. It would not affect teams at all if implemented correctly.

Skip the command wheel as its a ploy to keep those in the top of the food chain right where they are.

If you want real balance in game you must have voip. Right now you cannot tell good players from bad because of the disparity.
Just as the past few years all I read is disparaging remarks about pugs/solos. Then came the tourney and behold both Merc Corps and Lone wolfs did better than most factions while including all kinds of new players. The Faction/Team myth is just that. With Voip the argument would end.

Some people are afraid of the chips falling that way.

And some people want to just throw stones. I watched my daughter VOiP With her boyfriend and other friends in games using 3rd party VOiP cause it was "Better". Now I use TS, And if having in game VOiP WOULD slow down the game, I would not want it in game. But I would be happy to test it to see. I tried to when PGI tried to use C3... But only found one player on the service. :unsure:

In game VOiP will help bad groups a little and randomly created PUG groups even less. Consistency is what helps groups to gain any reasonable measure of advantage. That's often called "practice". B)

#10 PorkCereal

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:21 AM

I prefer to have a choice whom I'm forced to listen to. Do you really want to deal with every raging knucklehead and looking for a mute button 5 x a match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users