Close To Another Cw Record.

12 replies to this topic

#1 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:14 AM

Waiting for a CW game for the last 35 minutes , And I picked the planet with the most likely population for a fast game. This still isn't quite my longest wait either, But this is already at atleast 45-46 minutes before I get into a game (including the 10 minutes wait once I've found a team) You honestly think the game population is happy with CW when people are getting wait times like these? Yet the pug que is 2-3 minutes also needing 24 people.

#2 CH103

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:18 AM

Games in CW can last for 30 minutes and I don't recall PGI saying wether or not the numbers of players on each planet are higher or lower depending on wether or not they are in a game so that may be part of the issue of the waiting times. Also I believe that there needs to be more of an incentive to play CW other than just c-bills and loyalty points but until that point in the beta of CW is reached. I don't believe wait times will be short enough to be overly enjoyable.

Edited by Chevrolet103, 22 December 2014 - 04:19 AM.

#3 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:28 AM

CW kicks off 1 match every 60 seconds. 12 mans get placed into matches first then all the rest. The larger the group, the higher the priority meaning even at 2 man gets a priority slot over a solo pug.

So if you have say, 10-15 12 man units dropping that right there guarantees at least a 15 min wait. Then if you have say another 10 groups of 8-10 there goes another 10 mins unless you are at the very tip top of the que and manage to fill that 1 off slot left over after all the groups are filled. Of course by this time, the 12 mans are starting to come out of their drops and re-queing so they jump directly to the front of the line again, followed by those same 8 and 10 man groups, followed by the smaller groups and then a few more of the solos get to trickle in as filler. Then you have to consider that there might be 100 solo players in the que and maybe only 15 of them are getting in every 30 mins or so wala, you have 45+ min waits as a solo player, even on an active planet.

This is what is going on during the last 2-4 hours of the attack phase simply because this is the critical flip phase where wins count. The unit are massively active this time of day so soloists get edged out.

Now as for PUGing, I had my best luck early in the day outside those last 2-4 hours. Often on active planets I have had only 2-5 min waits mostly because the bit units aren't active this time of day so the ques belong mostly to the pugs.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 22 December 2014 - 05:31 AM.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

PGI's marketing team needs more work. The player base is far from ideal.

#5 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:10 AM

If you guys would keep the farmers out of solo we could hold more new players. Instead its a snake eating itself here.

This weekend I read so many "quit playing noob" in chat from founders even I was disgusted.

Game suicide with all the ego bullcrap and exploiters.

#6 CH103

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 22 December 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

This weekend I read so many "quit playing noob" in chat from founders even I was disgusted.

I am really suprised by this as I have been playing the game for about three years now and have never heard anyone say that to a new player, I tend to try and help new players along the way if they ask for help.

#7 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:19 AM

View PostChevrolet103, on 22 December 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

I am really suprised by this as I have been playing the game for about three years now and have never heard anyone say that to a new player, I tend to try and help new players along the way if they ask for help.

You must be placing in an ELO way higher than the rest of us.
I have seen LESS of it since I noticed my KtD ratio climbing, but over the summer, a year ago, and still occasionally? I see rage blame too often.

Just ignore it, move on.

I guess if you've lived in a big city and witnessed first hand blithering batshite crazy lunatics raving on street corners you're better equipped to ignore it and keep walking.

#8 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:26 AM

It happens a lot. I have a second machine my friends use to play. All new players. The abuse directed at them is phenomenal.

It doesn't all come from other new players and that's what bothers me. I love the game but PGI does close to nothing to help new players and the bases attitude with Try harder or all the comments about noobs doesn't help. Even here on the forum a question gets more posts deriding the player than answering the question asked.

It's a game people, your ego means nothing here and less outside in the real world. Your not getting a medal for play and your friends here don't mean squat in the real world. So your billy badarse in MWO. Get over it.

#9 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:04 AM

Yesterday it was a couple of minutes to get into a game - recently 45 Minutes no game and the Ghost-Teams broke up several times after all 12 Slots were already filled.

Will play Civ now...

#10 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 22 December 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

If you guys would keep the farmers out of solo we could hold more new players. Instead its a snake eating itself here.

Game suicide with all the ego bullcrap and exploiters.

Part of the issue is that CW is a very competitive environment and the units that are devoting there all to it are getting handicapped by PUGs who generally can't compete in CW. Basically they are a boat anchor and for every win a Competitive unit manages, PUGs turn around, lose and throw away all that work. That being the case I can understand the resentment.

Let me make this clear, even though I am part of a strong Clan Wolf unit, I still PUG and PUG alot mostly because I enjoy the freedom of it (as opposed to having to follow my units orders explicitly when dropping with my unit). However if your a PUG you have to understand that most of the time you aren't actually helping your Faction, in fact most often your a hindrance. This is why when I PUG, I always PUG defense on a CJF, CSJ or CGB world where I can't do harm to my faction.

Edit: Keep in mind that what is occurring here is a design flaw mostly because PGI is trying to accommodate both Competitive Units and Casual Soloists in the same game mode.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 22 December 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#11 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:52 PM

Well, the "competitive" ...and I use that word loosely, more like seal clubbing fanbois must enjoy dropping against groups of 2-4 and the rest, pugs, none of whom are on coms.
I bet that satisfaction must be outstanding.
I'm done with CW, I'll go a day or two and somehow forget what it is, my side disorganized pugs, the other side, MORE often than not, a group of 8 or more sitting and waiting to be "fed"
**** it

#12 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

My goal in CW is to get my gifts, and then only do it if I'm with a larger group.

Otherwise you end up feeding the egos of some of the denizens of the shallow end of the gene pool.

#13 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

Yeah its upsetting no doubt these were the same guys who fought furiously to keep the pug stomp in the solo que. I don't understand if they want a fight they cant really lose (aren't good enough to a point they need to feed there egos with such a advantage) Why not play a pve game? Less skill required.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users