21 replies to this topic

#1 Silra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCold North

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:29 AM

Helloes!

So I have been dropping a whole lot into CW solo since the Community Warfare got put in. With that I have come up with a few notions on how to build an effective drop deck for when you know you're going in solo.
Hopefully this helps out all the lone wolves, and anyone else who for whatever variety of reasons either has to, or chooses to, drop solo into Community Warfare!

Edited by Silra, 23 December 2014 - 05:31 AM.

#2 Bene Gesserit

• Pip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:03 AM

I agree with what you are saying here, I've been experimenting with a bunch of drop decks and narrowed it down to two that I like: one is 2 stormcrow and 2 hellbringer, the other is 1 timberwolf 1hellbringer 1stormcrow and 1 ice ferret.

#3 levitas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostBene Gesserit, on 23 December 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

I agree with what you are saying here, I've been experimenting with a bunch of drop decks and narrowed it down to two that I like: one is 2 stormcrow and 2 hellbringer, the other is 1 timberwolf 1hellbringer 1stormcrow and 1 ice ferret.

If you're planning on using a ssrm boat for anti zerg, it's worth considering an adder over the ferret. You can fit 4xssrm6 just fine, and this allows for 2 Timberwolves and a stormcrow or a timberwolf and 2 hellbringers.

Typically a match is decided before the last wave either way, so it's often worth it to get that extra tonnage up front and let your remaining mech work as a contingency.

#4 Sam Slade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:20 AM

2 TBR, 1 HBR & 1 MLX...
2 x ECM and a good deal of firepowerEDIT: to Elaborate... this is a good deck for the relentless generator push. MLX with ECM, MedLas & 2xSRM6 is great for killing Omega so save him for a ninja attack.

Edited by Sam Slade, 23 December 2014 - 11:14 PM.

#5 ManOpeace

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:23 AM

nice work man. Keep up the good work!

#6 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

SCR SCR SCR TBR...For that extra punch at the end of a match.

#7 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:43 AM

Here are some clan-dropdecks that I personally found viable.

#8 unwary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:07 AM

Here's my favourite dropdeck so far:

Hellbringer - laservomit with 2 large lasers, this is the opening mech. The large lasers make it too hot for close up brawls.
Hellbringer - 2 uac5 with 4 medium lasers, this variant performs better for the closer fights.
Stormcrow - laservomit, all around good performance.
Streakcrow - Mandatory in my opinion.

#9 Exodus001

• Pip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:48 PM

All clan?

Any IS drop decks?

#10 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

Well, if I were IS, mine would look something like LCT-3M, LCT-PB, KGC-000(L), and AS7-S. But that's because I'm a Locust driver at heart.

#11 ShadowbaneX

• 1,089 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:33 PM

I've got a pair of drop decks which means, unfortunately having like 8 mechs available.

For defence go with TDR-9S (2x ER PPCs), SHD-2H (AC/10, ER LL, 2x SRM4), HBK-4G (AC/20) and a CTF-4X (2x LB-10/Xs for sweeping up damaged mechs).

On attacking (or more normally counter-attacking) I used to go with a BLR-1S for bombarding turrets and generators, I've switched to an HBK-4J cause the quirks make it fundamentally similar. After that, AS7-S (although I'll switch to a Crab when they come out) because you need a big assault mech for a push. A FS9-S (4x MPLs) for quick strikes and...actually, I guess I keep the SHD-2H since it's a solid generalist mech.

#12 Silra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationCold North

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:08 AM

View PostExodus001, on 26 December 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

All clan?

Any IS drop decks?

My sincere apologies for lack of replies, but xmas holidays man...

Anyways, the footage in the background features clan only footage because I am still on 20+ day contract with the Clans. However if you watched the video you'd realise I do talk about Inner Sphere mechs aswell, this is a general guide to the Solo drop decks after all.

#13 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:39 PM

So far my favorite drop decks both for attack and defence:
Inner Sphere: Atlas D-DC, Jagermech, Hunchback, Raven
Clan: HBR, TBR, TBR, MLX

They both start off with ECM mechs to counter LRMs at the start.
The 1st 3 mechs of each drop deck are powerful "top-tier" mechs with many solid builds.
The Raven and MLX are just filler to save tonnage for the first 3 waves, but can make some difference.
The Jagermech can be substituted for a Thunderbolt if you prefer ERPPCs to Ballistics.

Edit: Atlas, Jager, Hunchback, Commando not Raven as Raven would not fit the tonnage.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 03 January 2015 - 07:17 PM.

#14 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 03 January 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

So far my favorite drop decks both for attack and defence:
Inner Sphere: Atlas D-DC, Jagermech, Hunchback, Raven
Clan: HBR, TBR, TBR, MLX

They both start off with ECM mechs to counter LRMs at the start, and have strong 1st 3 waves.
The 1st 3 mechs of each drop deck are among the better mechs of each side and have many solid builds.
The Raven and MLX are just filler to save tonnage for the first 3 waves, but can make some difference.
The Jagermech can be substituted for a Thunderbolt if you prefer ERPPCs to Ballistics.

havent seen much LRM in CW.

IS: Thud, Thud, Thud, FS(flppd > ECM in order to sweep legs)
Clan: Timber, Scro, Scro, Scro

Boring but the best tools for an average drop.

Based on metamechs.com

#15 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:25 PM

Those are nice drops and certainly fit the meta. I just couldn't bring myself to play boring decks.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 03 January 2015 - 07:33 PM.

#16 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

I was a merc before cw and after I couldn't select it anymore. So to try and play CW I joined a random faction and selected a room that would match up. It never let me in. It might have but, I wasn't going to wait for 15mins to play a game. Is it possible to play CW by yourself? I've solo pugged my entire time playing this game and was always a merc. I figured once CW started I would be in demand and I can't even select merc or get in a game.

I guess I just have no idea how any of this works.

#17 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

I don't often subscribe to people randomly just because I love their accent. But when I do it involves Battletech.

Anyway good video, I'm subscriber 100.

I think you may be judging 80 ton + mechs or 40 ton - mechs. I've seen people be very effective with them and if I am an inner sphere person in CW I would bring 2 kingcrabs and 2 locusts not because I wanted the 2 king crabs but it's the fact I wanted 2 locusts and just used the crabs to fill in the remaining tonnage.

#18 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 03 January 2015 - 08:02 PM, said:

I wanted 2 locusts and just used the crabs to fill in the remaining tonnage.

Lol. Liked.

#19 Silra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationCold North

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:25 AM

View PostLeeroy Mechkins, on 03 January 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

Those are nice drops and certainly fit the meta. I just couldn't bring myself to play boring decks.

So far I have been playing exclusively either triple Hellbringers or triple Summoners as my drop, with the obligatory Kit Fox with ECM to fill up the final slot aswell.

Just can't bring Timber or Stormcrow game after game.

View PostNightshade24, on 03 January 2015 - 08:02 PM, said:

I don't often subscribe to people randomly just because I love their accent. But when I do it involves Battletech.

Anyway good video, I'm subscriber 100.

I think you may be judging 80 ton + mechs or 40 ton - mechs. I've seen people be very effective with them and if I am an inner sphere person in CW I would bring 2 kingcrabs and 2 locusts not because I wanted the 2 king crabs but it's the fact I wanted 2 locusts and just used the crabs to fill in the remaining tonnage.

So glad you liked my accent, I know it is not for everyone's ears ^.^

Anyways, for the 40 and 80 ton categories in general...
People definately can make any mech work, it's down to being a good pilot and making the best of your chances. The problem is that it's very difficult to bring multiples of those tonnages in a meaningful fashion.

For example if you bring 80t mech, you're bringing an Assault mech and leaving yourself 160t for last 3 mechs. If you bring another Heavy or Assault after that, you're relegating the final tonnage as smaller tonnage fillers (typically have to bring atleast one Light mech anyway). That makes the difference between 90t to 100t Assaults not too much, whether you're leaving 140t or 150t instead of 160t as left over to fill up is not much of a big deal.

So if you have the mechs, it can be overall better tonnage wise to simply bring the biggest thing instead of something just a bit lighter when it comes to bringing an Assault mech... however if you don't have the mechs, then you ofcourse bring what you have.

And in the end you bring what you are good at and what you find most fun!

Edited by Silra, 05 January 2015 - 01:32 AM.

#20 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:18 AM

If tonnage > 75, put in timber,
else if tonnage > 55 put in SCR
else fill with what is left.

result:
TBR
TBR
SCR
ADR

one day maybe all mechs are usefull, then I can put a Nova in instead of a SCR and a MDD instead of a TBR. but right now the game is too extreme and diffeences too big to bring (even slightly) inferior stuff.

Edited by Lily from animove, 05 January 2015 - 04:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users