123 replies to this topic

#41 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:13 PM

Hmmm.. Wonder if Karl Berg can shed light on this subject.

#42 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

Look at the color of the spinning planet after you select it.

Blue is Boreal.

Orange is Sulfur.

#43 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 24 December 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

Meh, if you listened to the 228, Marik hides from them.

Truth is, we'd rather play against the "comp" teams on the Davion border because they understand the concept of sportsmanship and aren't all filled with epeen and douchebaggery.

Most if not all comments made by my Unit is in jest, never in vile (There were some special cases, those members have been talked too...). In honesty all the matches that we play real players on your worlds we enjoyed, but they were very rare. In addition after defeating them instead of trying again, they give up and leave us to fight turrets. What are we suppose to think? In addition we were accused of "cheating" as well which is not only not true, but justly warrants more drops against Marik. I'm sorry that you seem to assume to worst of us.

#44 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

View PostDeadfire, on 25 December 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

Most if not all comments made by my Unit is in jest, never in vile (There were some special cases, those members have been talked too...). In honesty all the matches that we play real players on your worlds we enjoyed, but they were very rare. In addition after defeating them instead of trying again, they give up and leave us to fight turrets. What are we suppose to think? In addition we were accused of "cheating" as well which is not only not true, but justly warrants more drops against Marik. I'm sorry that you seem to assume to worst of us.

The comments I've seen were neither in jest, nor were the ones that have been relayed to me.
If, as you say, they were made by some "bad eggs" who have subsequently been taken to the woodshed, then we'll see what we see.

Also, I do not appreciate my personal Twitter to be tagged in for some late night "Marik taunting".

EDIT:
Let me also point you to this thread, one which you replied in...
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4030188

That particular post, isn't "done in jest", that is blatant shitposting a TS log of one your members, coming on our TS and when queried about who was requesting our diversion of forces and why, prattles off some nonsense. Aint nobody got time for that. Also there was more than one account on our TS server from your unit with the same "user name" at that time.

This is not how a mature unit operates.

END EDIT

Marik is not one to stand down from a fight, even a loss, unless the experience is going to be distasteful, and much of the experiences of myself and others I speak to have had with the 228 have been just that. The reason nobody wanted to play in your sandbox wasn't because they got beat, but because the epeen douchebaggery before, during and after.

Bygones, slate clean, maybe we'll see you on the battlefield.

Edited by Roadbeer, 26 December 2014 - 10:51 AM.

#45 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:25 PM

Well, since we are being honest here, I shall do likewise.

The population of Marik is not the largest by a longshot. Otherwise some things would have gone very differently I think with more parity between us and Davion.

That said, schedules matter. Not all of us, at least in the units I play with and ally with, we are made of mostly of people with families or do not desire to treat this game as a second job or sport. That means, with the wait times we are facing, 1-3 matches in an evening is often all you can get out of a 12man or pug. Also, if it isn't the "Epic Hours" as I'm calling them right before Ceasefire, there is zero reason to waste your time waiting long times for probable ghost drops. If you're not facing people, it's probably because they have lives elsewhere to deal with and schedules to keep and responsibilities to uphold. For these reasons, I'd not be too harsh on criticizing when you don't have opponents.

Lastly, if we're being honest here, I feel this subtle admission you are taking planets via ghost drop to be a little disappointing for a unit that is showing to be that good. Then again I could challenge every unit or PUG in this game who gets a ghost drop to suicide, and lose the match by ejecting all four mechs and maintain their unit and personal honor if they feel it is unscrupulous to take planets in this method knowingly.

So, if we're being honest here, and I am pointing in all directions here, including myself, we all have a lot to think about.

Edited by Kjudoon, 25 December 2014 - 11:29 PM.

#46 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:04 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 25 December 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

Also, I do not appreciate my personal Twitter to be tagged in for some late night "Marik taunting".

That is harassment. You should take that to support.

View PostKjudoon, on 25 December 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

Well, since we are being honest here, I shall do likewise.

The population of Marik is not the largest by a longshot. Otherwise some things would have gone very differently I think with more parity between us and Davion.

That said, schedules matter. Not all of us, at least in the units I play with and ally with, we are made of mostly of people with families or do not desire to treat this game as a second job or sport. That means, with the wait times we are facing, 1-3 matches in an evening is often all you can get out of a 12man or pug. Also, if it isn't the "Epic Hours" as I'm calling them right before Ceasefire, there is zero reason to waste your time waiting long times for probable ghost drops. If you're not facing people, it's probably because they have lives elsewhere to deal with and schedules to keep and responsibilities to uphold. For these reasons, I'd not be too harsh on criticizing when you don't have opponents.

Lastly, if we're being honest here, I feel this subtle admission you are taking planets via ghost drop to be a little disappointing for a unit that is showing to be that good. Then again I could challenge every unit or PUG in this game who gets a ghost drop to suicide, and lose the match by ejecting all four mechs and maintain their unit and personal honor if they feel it is unscrupulous to take planets in this method knowingly.

So, if we're being honest here, and I am pointing in all directions here, including myself, we all have a lot to think about.

Some of us aren't even playing the game right now. I am personally not really going to have much of a chance to really sit down and play until closer to the new year. Even then my time to play tends to be 10am-2pm EST where the battles don't mean crap. I think since the holidays began I've player a grand total of 2 games across all modes. So I've been in a wait and see mode. Logging on to the forums from work to see what has been going on in CW.

All I am really seeing is a lot of trash talk, people begging for and against a ceasefire, People saying fights against Marik are the best, and a Time lapse map that seems to show Marik losing a lot of territory. I'm pretty much helpless to do anything about it and quite frankly I will be helpless to do anything about it until PGI makes my game playing window relevant.

I've not really felt any particular desire to charge back into MWO either. Marik is apparently a low population faction or rather our population isn't as large during the sweet spot attack window. Supposedly we put up really good fights and yet we consistently lose worlds to enemies vehemently denying they aren't doing ghost drops. I don't know one way or the other since I don't have access to that data. What is clear is CW isn't really worth playing in any serious sense until PGI develops it more. There are glaring problems with the mechanics right now which needs to be addressed.

#47 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:14 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 25 December 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

That's extra dedication with a side of creepy right there.

#48 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 26 December 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

I've not really felt any particular desire to charge back into MWO either. Marik is apparently a low population faction or rather our population isn't as large during the sweet spot attack window. Supposedly we put up really good fights and yet we consistently lose worlds to enemies vehemently denying they aren't doing ghost drops. I don't know one way or the other since I don't have access to that data. What is clear is CW isn't really worth playing in any serious sense until PGI develops it more. There are glaring problems with the mechanics right now which needs to be addressed.

If its not ghost drops it something, I have seen a planet go from 1 win to flipped during the ceasefire more than once. Something needs to be done to make CW matter for more than just the last drop of the day. I will still participate if that is what my team is doing, but I would rather just drop in the old group queue, the games are faster. Hopefully PGI will fix it soon, or these epic Marik/Davion battles might just dry up due to lack of interest on the part of the Marik side that consistently loses planets due to a smaller population base.

#49 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts
  • LocationSunshine state.

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:57 AM

I got to barely play yesterday, but I saw one of our planets under attack. Go to defend it (Since I had about 30 minutes of free time till everyone showed up for Christmas stuff), the planet is at 12% Attacker wins. We win our defense (With the aide of some awesome Liao dudes who dropped to help. So it wasn't a full PuG.), and come out to find "Attacker Wins: 56%".

Damn you Fisties. Don't you have anything else better to do on your holidays!? :P

It was a hard fought victory as well. Barely even scrapped by with keeping them from getting the last sliver of the Orbital Cannon.

WE WILL GET YOU ONE DAY! *Shakes fist*

#50 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:04 AM

View PostAaronWolf, on 26 December 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

I got to barely play yesterday, but I saw one of our planets under attack. Go to defend it (Since I had about 30 minutes of free time till everyone showed up for Christmas stuff), the planet is at 12% Attacker wins. We win our defense (With the aide of some awesome Liao dudes who dropped to help. So it wasn't a full PuG.), and come out to find "Attacker Wins: 56%".

Damn you Fisties. Don't you have anything else better to do on your holidays!? :P

It was a hard fought victory as well. Barely even scrapped by with keeping them from getting the last sliver of the Orbital Cannon.

WE WILL GET YOU ONE DAY! *Shakes fist*

So far here are the names that my friend (absolutely unfamiliar with BT) has given to some of the factions:

Fisters - Steiner
Solar D, or Sunny D - Davion (the sword reminded her of the Washington Monument)
Purple Dove - Marik
Red Snake - Kurita
Blue Dragon - FRR
Katana - Liao
Clan Walrus Jesus - Clan Smoke Jaguar
Clan Grabby Bulldog - Clan Ghost Bear
Clan Red Dawg - Clan Wolf
Clan Parakeet - Clan Jade Falcon.

This was her first day seeing ANYTHING BT related.

#51 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 26 December 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

So far here are the names that my friend (absolutely unfamiliar with BT) has given to some of the factions:

Fisters - Steiner
Solar D, or Sunny D - Davion (the sword reminded her of the Washington Monument)
Purple Dove - Marik
Red Snake - Kurita
Blue Dragon - FRR
Katana - Liao
Clan Walrus Jesus - Clan Smoke Jaguar
Clan Grabby Bulldog - Clan Ghost Bear
Clan Red Dawg - Clan Wolf
Clan Parakeet - Clan Jade Falcon.

This was her first day seeing ANYTHING BT related.

I like her.

#52 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:15 AM

View PostAaronWolf, on 26 December 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

I like her.

She's awesome. By the way. I CANNOT unsee the CSJ Emblem as a walrus now.

#53 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:35 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 26 December 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

awesome list is awesome

I liked the names, then got to the Clan ones and howled with laughter. Cannot unsee. The CSJ and CGB ones are just... perfect.

Question is - will she play?

#54 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:02 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 26 December 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

View PostIraqiWalker, on 26 December 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

It would be awesome to have her playing. :D

#55 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

Clan Walrus Jesus.

This is being presented to the official Davion Propaganda department.

There must be a poster/sig line for it.

#56 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostArnold J Rimmer, on 26 December 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

I liked the names, then got to the Clan ones and howled with laughter. Cannot unsee. The CSJ and CGB ones are just... perfect.

Question is - will she play?

View PostAaronWolf, on 26 December 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

It would be awesome to have her playing. :D

She's interested. I'm slowly teaching her about things. She is definitely interested in CW.

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 December 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

Clan Walrus Jesus.

This is being presented to the official Davion Propaganda department.

There must be a poster/sig line for it.

-Thumbs Up-

#57 Liam Avery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Steiner Space. Fighting the Clans.

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:56 PM

o7 To the fellow Mech Warriors of Marik.

It was a long and hard fought battle. I'll happily work side-by-side with you all at any time against the clan invasion.

#58 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:43 PM

You know it seems foolish not to exploit this goodwill into something between Davion and Marik. 100% my own opinion but I'd hate to have it all just fade come 12/27.

#59 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 December 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

You know it seems foolish not to exploit this goodwill into something between Davion and Marik. 100% my own opinion but I'd hate to have it all just fade come 12/27.

Well, any time you feel like attacking Steiner, feel free :P

#60 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:31 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 December 2014 - 11:43 PM, said:

Amen. I hope we can get something done. Our forces seem to work beautifully well together, regardless of the foe we face. I think having Marik be the third part of the (Working title, bear with me) "Free Worlds Federated Commonwealth" would be great for all of us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users