#1 Scion Koga

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:33 PM

Howdy all,

Alright, so I understand Battletech lore, so before I get flamed, let me just say I understand.

I understand Fedcom is supposed to be in effect, but it's not, and right now Davion is quite literally zerg rushing everyone on their borders.

I'm speaking in defense of Liao, Marik, and Kurita. We are just letting them overwhelm them with numbers because the player bases in those factions is dismally small compared to LA and FS.

Sure, we have the clans to contend with. You want lore? Let them get their invasion corridors.

I for one would like battles against Inner Sphere untis AS Steiner, and the last week there have been very few.

LA and FS have the largest player bases. We have effectively cut off possibly half the battles to be fought.

Happy Hunting and Holidays

Scion Koga
Kell Hounds

#2 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:58 AM

I believe Dav is using this peace treaty as a ploy to hold off their biggest threat; STEINER.
they are ATTACKING around the clock.

on another note all i see during my timezone is defenders and never attackers.
i understand everyone wants to get into matches and swarm to the planets that have people on them but Steiner must attack to grow not only defend.

"invincibility lies in defense.
Possibility of victory, in the attack."

Edited by King Arthur IV, 24 December 2014 - 02:19 AM.

#3 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:13 AM

Honestly, with the current state of CW reduced to numbers = winning, and Steiner and Davion being the two most populated factions by a large margin (after lone wolves who aren't really a faction) by a large margin, this would actually be a healthy move for the game as a whole.

#4 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:40 AM

View PostSocop, on 24 December 2014 - 02:13 AM, said:

Honestly, with the current state of CW reduced to numbers = winning, and Steiner and Davion being the two most populated factions by a large margin (after lone wolves who aren't really a faction) by a large margin, this would actually be a healthy move for the game as a whole.

Steiner is constantly losing planets, so I don't really understand your comment.

#5 Greyfoxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:38 AM

Steiner has 6 fronts. While we had 6 fronts to fight on we were constantly losing worlds. Since we have trimmed that down a bit we have not lost worlds and actually gained a few back. Your proposal leads us to getting our butts kicked again. Thanks for offering though.

Socop is Kurita so of course he would want Davion and Steiner to fight. It is less pressure on his borders.

#6 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

I think "Training" combat against House Davion should no stress out. Meaning the fight should not end that one side looses a planet to the other side. We already have too many fronts to cover. An additional enemy neither helps both sides.

#7 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:40 PM

We're in the first two weeks.

Mercs will get to around Loyalty Point level 10 and decide it's too slow to keep climbing with Davion and go elsewhere. We'll burn out on attacking Marik and go after Clanners (they are like farming free money right now), mercenary units will end up with Marik/Kurita/Liao that are currently with Davion/Steiner.

There's probably a lot of pugs in Davion/Steiner right now. They are not what's winning wars however, units and mercs are. Those will move and the balance of power with it.

The decline of Davions military power is statistically inevitable. The question is more about how much buffer they will have when that happens - plus how rock solid the house units will be. That's where I'm happiest with my fellow Davions; our house units are pretty rock solid, they communicate incredibly well and coordinate incredibly well.

We're not winning 3 fronts at once based on pugs and luck.

#8 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

I have the day off, I wanna play. Lets attack Dubhe.

#9 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

graham iv, its on!

#10 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:47 AM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 24 December 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

graham iv, its on!

So... let me get this straight... you got tired of losing to Davion when you were Marik, so now you've gone Steiner and you're trying to break the peace so that you can keep losing to Davion over there?

*Yawn*

Wake me when there's a real threat to our planets.

#11 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 24 December 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

graham iv, its on!

What Radio said.. So you think that you can jump in switch factions just so you can get a name on a planet because you couldn't get the job done with Merik. Sure you might get Graham IV with 90% of Davion pilots in the mess halls getting drunk during the XMAS cease fire. If im not mistaken are you the unit that crys about ghost wins.

#12 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

mercs go where mercs plz

if your not dav, don't bother listening to those davion trolls, they have openly admitted they go around trolling threads just to try get under your skin.

they messed up a perfectly good thread from marick and the OP hasnt come back to continue his NEWs thread. shame on you davion trolls.

btw, i won my matches during my time zone; not much i can do about your organized ghost swarm when i go to bed like a normal person.

Edited by King Arthur IV, 25 December 2014 - 08:30 AM.

#13 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 25 December 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

organized ghost swarm

I see you've brought your shameful excuses with you.

You do know that it's not possible to get ghost drops as long as there are at least 36 defenders on a planet, right?

Of course you do... but you don't care, because you enjoy making baseless accusations that Davion is exploiting the system rather than accepting the fact that even if you are winning a match, there may be other people on your side who are losing.

So while the small factions get instant matches and accuse us of farming ghost wins, we'll keep waiting 30 minutes to get actual matches. Then we'll keep winning those matches.

Now please go make yourself useful to your faction and fight on the borders where they actually want you. Don't try to weaken your faction by starting a war that their leadership unanimously voted against.

#14 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

Sorry to diasappoint you but I can not take any offense against House Davion because our unit accepted Cease Fire between both Houses.

At the current state I woud also not provoke them to break their offer of ceasefire because an additionl border to protect makes it difficult to defend other borders.

Anyhow, lots other unit also accepted peace between both factions.

My humble opinion. If you do not or can not accept the existing ceasefire maybe you should think about to Change faction - again

#15 Scion Koga

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

So,

Very real question here.

There isn't a whole lot you can do if a unit attacks Davion. I mean seriously, what actions can you take? Call someone a "rogue unit" and make a bunch of posts about it?

At the end of the day, people want games, and want games that are fun. I want to use BT lore as much as the next guy, but I also want to play against different people as well.

#16 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:57 PM

I agree completely, please feel free to attack Davion,

Best wishes and Marik Christmas,

The Redmoon Angels.

#17 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

Scion, this depends on how the units who signed the treaty react once a Steiner planet falls to them.

Now as far as I understood, if a planet is taken by rogue units the bigger units will not interfere when we want to reclaim the planet.

Both side has rogue units and one way to deal with them is to cut off support.

Edited by StUffz, 25 December 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#18 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:31 AM

View PostStUffz, on 25 December 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

Scion, this depends on how the units who signed the treaty react once a Steiner planet falls to them.

Now as far as I understood, if a planet is taken by rogue units the bigger units will not interfere when we want to reclaim the planet.

Both side has rogue units and one way to deal with them is to cut off support.

Exactly. If random Davion pugs manage to sneak New Earth away from you guys, we can guarantee that there will be no organized resistance when you go to take it back. It's that simple.

That said, this is COMMUNITY warfare. The Steiner community as a whole has put their support behind a ceasefire with Davion because it's in the best interests of Steiner. King Arthur IV left Marik to take a Steiner contract - thus being PAID by Steiner - and is actively working to sabotage arrangements that are in the best interest of Steiner.

He's an agent provocateur, and not a very good one. CW really needs a way to impose sanctions on those who act that way. We can hope for it to be implemented in a future release.

#19 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:44 AM

Instead of wating time with stupid ceasefires, why not attack the clans? I played all day yesterday and only got to do three drops on Butler due to this stupid "defense only" thing. The only thing I care less about than defending Steiner worlds is defending for other IS houses.

Hopefully Steiner grows a pair today instead of being a defense only punching bag for the clans. I recommend attacking Wolf, they are the squishiest by far.

#20 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 26 December 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

Exactly. If random Davion pugs manage to sneak New Earth away from you guys, we can guarantee that there will be no organized resistance when you go to take it back. It's that simple.

That said, this is COMMUNITY warfare. The Steiner community as a whole has put their support behind a ceasefire with Davion because it's in the best interests of Steiner. King Arthur IV left Marik to take a Steiner contract - thus being PAID by Steiner - and is actively working to sabotage arrangements that are in the best interest of Steiner.

He's an agent provocateur, and not a very good one. CW really needs a way to impose sanctions on those who act that way. We can hope for it to be implemented in a future release.

Sounds like he is paid by Ryan Steiner in his efforts for a secession of Skye :D

View PostHARDKOR, on 26 December 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

Hopefully Steiner grows a pair today instead of being a defense only punching bag for the clans. I recommend attacking Wolf, they are the squishiest by far.

A bit difficult as lots of Units are on public Holidays. Most return on Saturday or earliest on Monday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users