Argument Against Ceasefire

93 replies to this topic

#21 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

Holidays are for taking off work. This is a game not a job .

#22 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:01 PM

But national Holidays are national Holidays and most - those who share moments with their Family - are not available during this time. Believe it or not. It's just a game.

#23 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

Regardless, the 72 hour defense-only window that Davion proposed (and upheld on our end) has expired. Have fun killing Clanners!

#24 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

Steiner is learning the penalty of breaking the Cease Fire.

#25 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:16 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 26 December 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

He's an agent provocateur, and not a very good one.  CW really needs a way to impose sanctions on those who act that way.  We can hope for it to be implemented in a future release.</p>
Wait... ban people who WANT to fight a larger group instead on beating up on smaller in game communities... sanction people who don't act the way your little gang of friends wants. Sorry sunshine... no groups get to make major tactical decisions... so suck it up and fight an enemy that can fight back. Hanse Davion is a ginger anyway...

#26 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:22 AM

View PostSam Slade, on 27 December 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

Wait... ban people who WANT to fight a larger group instead on beating up on smaller in game communities... sanction people who don't act the way your little gang of friends wants. Sorry sunshine... no groups get to make major tactical decisions... so suck it up and fight an enemy that can fight back. Hanse Davion is a ginger anyway...

But his Majesty Hanse Davion would rather spend a day with Romano Liao instead a day with an enraged Archonette Melissa Steiner :P

Anyhow, consider that we have to Keep an eye on an additional border if we attack Davion borders. Look at the map at which border we Keep loosing planets and where not. if you want to fight without using brain, maybe drop regular pug but not CW.

Edited by StUffz, 28 December 2014 - 01:07 AM.

#27 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:33 AM

View PostSam Slade, on 27 December 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

COMMUNITY warfare means that your actions impact the COMMUNITY.

The Steiner COMMUNITY as a whole voted unanimously to not war with the Davion COMMUNITY, because they had enough to deal with in fighting the Marik COMMUNITY and the Jade Falcon COMUNITY and the Kurita COMMUNITY and the wolf COMMUNITY and the Rasalhague COMMUNITY.

You are an INDIVIDUAL. Possibly part of a TEAM. INDIVIDUAL and TEAM warfare are not found in the faction tab.

#28 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:19 AM

More like, some people claiming to represent everyone decided they could tell everyone what to do during a beta test and a good portion of the people they are trying to boss around don't recognizer them as leaders of anything.

"Lets hide in our bases and only defend" is not the sort of leadership I would ever follow. Where's the attacks? Or does Steiner "leadership" only know how to turtle?

Edited by HARDKOR, 28 December 2014 - 09:26 AM.

#29 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

Please allow me to propose a solution that will make us all happy. If you want to shoot Davions, come join the Capellan Confederation. We could use the pilots.

#30 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:35 PM

Liao is on the table after we milk the fisters for all the loyalty rewards ;)

#31 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:07 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 28 December 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

More like, some people claiming to represent everyone decided they could tell everyone what to do during a beta test and a good portion of the people they are trying to boss around don't recognizer them as leaders of anything.

"Lets hide in our bases and only defend" is not the sort of leadership I would ever follow. Where's the attacks? Or does Steiner "leadership" only know how to turtle?

View PostHARDKOR, on 28 December 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

After reading your treacherous last post I don't think I would give you any damn support. joining a faction only because of LP rewards...

#32 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 28 December 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

View PostStUffz, on 29 December 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

After reading your treacherous last post I don't think I would give you any damn support. joining a faction only because of LP rewards...

To be fair, it's not JUST LP...

SHOOT DAVION and GET PAID!
http://mwomercs.com/...e-of-contracts/

#33 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

Wait, can a pirate even BE treacherous? That's some lulz right there. We're in it for the booty,and we've already taken what we need from Steiner worlds. It's only interesting to attack clan or other IS worlds. Defending planets is not the pirate life. ;)

#34 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 28 December 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

COMMUNITY warfare means that your actions impact the COMMUNITY.

The Steiner COMMUNITY as a whole voted unanimously to not war with the Davion COMMUNITY, because they had enough to deal with in fighting the Marik COMMUNITY and the Jade Falcon COMUNITY and the Kurita COMMUNITY and the wolf COMMUNITY and the Rasalhague COMMUNITY.

You are an INDIVIDUAL. Possibly part of a TEAM. INDIVIDUAL and TEAM warfare are not found in the faction tab.

...Nobody asked me for my vote or what I thought.

If someone doesn't invite my Unit to the ceasefire, then we don't stop shooting. Besides, a ceasefire on a PC game during the holiday (the best time to play for some people and Units), orchestrated among a few Units and not the community as a whole, is about as dumb as snake mittens. The only thing more laughable is when someone whines about non-contracted or obligated parties breaking it.

#35 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 29 December 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

...Nobody asked me for my vote or what I thought.

If someone doesn't invite my Unit to the ceasefire, then we don't stop shooting. Besides, a ceasefire on a PC game during the holiday (the best time to play for some people and Units), orchestrated among a few Units and not the community as a whole, is about as dumb as snake mittens. The only thing more laughable is when someone whines about non-contracted or obligated parties breaking it.

And how's it worked out for your "employers" since?

Marik - 3 / Steiner - 0

Probably shouldn't have poked that bear.

Just sayin'

#36 Moku

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

Steiner Groups or Mercenary Units please read the pinned Steiner Teamspeak thread at the top of this forum, the general House Steiner teamspeak for CW is at the House Steiner Hub: ts1.housesteiner.com

Moku 10SR

#37 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 29 December 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

And how's it worked out for your "employers" since?

Marik - 3 / Steiner - 0

Probably shouldn't have poked that bear.

Just sayin'

I've only run one CW Drop since I went on Christmas Break. That's the only time I have even looked at the CW map since December 17th. Regardless, my Unit is a Merc Unit, not some arrogant "Loyalist" Unit (I hate that term, makes me think of the lousy Colonists who fought for the British back during the Revolutionary War).

We fight for the sake of fighting. We're a casual Unit. We don't care to own planets; just to reap the C-bills, XP, and LP after each fight. We're also Pirates. We do what we please, when we please. When the contract is up, we may or may not remain Steiner depending on how the next Contract Vote goes. I suspect that we will remain Steiner a while longer to give everyone a chance to obtain good Steiner LP tiers before switching Factions.

As far as "poking the bear" goes, The Brethren really don't care. If that means more fighting, then good; so be it. We live to fight. :ph34r:

...I imagine that will boil some potatoes with the Loyalist, legalistic, this-game-should-be-taken-seriously crowd. :rolleyes:

But The Brethren Say:

TAKE ALL YOU CAN; GIVE NOTHING BACK!!!

Posted Image

Edit: Spacing

Edited by Nightmare1, 29 December 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#38 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 29 December 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

But The Brethren Say:

TAKE ALL YOU CAN; GIVE NOTHING BACK!!!

Except 3 planets :P

#39 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 29 December 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Except 3 planets :P

If you read my post, you'd see that we don't particularly care about holding planets.

We attack; we don't defend. ;)

#40 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 29 December 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

If you read my post, you'd see that we don't particularly care about holding planets.

We attack; we don't defend. ;)

Well, when you feel like getting around to that, not just turret drops, feel free to let us know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users