Argument Against Ceasefire

93 replies to this topic

#41 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 29 December 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Well, when you feel like getting around to that, not just turret drops, feel free to let us know.

*Smiles and pats little purple birdie on head*

It's cute how you really want to have that last word. :lol:

I've only had two "turret" drops. All the rest have been against actual Units (typically Clans), and we have normally done well against them. I've been on Christmas Break visiting the family and haven't been able to run CW drops for several days. What my Unit does in my absence is up to them.

What I do know, is that some of those drops were practice runs to try out specific Mech Decks and attack routes. A few were for the benefit of several new recruits who had never participated in a CW Drop and did not know the maps, objectives, or anything else about Invasion Mode. However, based on conversations I've had with my Unit pilots, I believe that most were due to a lack of willingness to defend on the part of Marik. The Brethren would drop against a group of Defenders one match, win or lose, drop a second time, and find that the Marik pilots had taken their ball and gone home. Hard to accuse us of turret dropping when the purple birdies won't defend their own planets.

I guess some of the purple poultry are of the chicken variety. :rolleyes:

All that being said, I think I've made my point here. The Brethren are Pirates that do as they please, focus on attacking, and fight for the end-of-mission rewards rather than planetary possession. All the "Loyalist" Units can grief and gnash their teeth all they want; it won't change anything. We're in it for fun and not the hardcore, repetitive, boring play that a lot of Units seem to find appealing for whatever reason.

#42 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

Hmm, I looked at the map and it looks like purple birdie lost one and gained none vs the fisters. Cool story, but IDGAF.

Looking forward to frying some purple chicken legs soon. Hopefully the fisters will play along and do something other than just sit home QQ'ing about xmas and clanners :D I'm starting to think that a steiner scout lance is what you park behind a wall and you use it to scout to make sure no one has invaded your planet yet.

#43 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

View PostHARDKOR, on 29 December 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

Hmm, I looked at the map and it looks like purple birdie lost one and gained none vs the fisters. Cool story, but IDGAF.

Looking forward to frying some purple chicken legs soon. Hopefully the fisters will play along and do something other than just sit home QQ'ing about xmas and clanners :D I'm starting to think that a steiner scout lance is what you park behind a wall and you use it to scout to make sure no one has invaded your planet yet.

Posted Image

#44 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

Guys, look tho whom we are loosing planets. That's all what I want to say here. From a strategic and tactical view it does not make any sense to move towards a faction who does not threaten us. There is currently no logic reason to attack House Davion.

If you want to tease them, go ahead, but don't expect any help from others who focus on Clans, Marik, Caellan or Kurita border.

I hope you enjoy your time with House Steiner, but as we have different point of view about our way to handle community warfare, I think it's better if you go separate ways.

#45 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

View PostStUffz, on 29 December 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Guys, look tho whom we are loosing planets. That's all what I want to say here. From a strategic and tactical view it does not make any sense to move towards a faction who does not threaten us. There is currently no logic reason to attack House Davion.

If you want to tease them, go ahead, but don't expect any help from others who focus on Clans, Marik, Caellan or Kurita border.

I hope you enjoy your time with House Steiner, but as we have different point of view about our way to handle community warfare, I think it's better if you go separate ways.

That's kind of the point I was trying to make.

We were perfectly content to leave you to the Clans w/ an occasional border skirmish while we slugged it out with Davion, but these rouge elements in your territory decided to not only prod us, because apparently our turrets were slightly less difficult than the Clan border, but be smug about it as well.

Let us know when they move on, and we'll consider resuming business as usual. :D

#46 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

View PostStUffz, on 29 December 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

Planets literally don't matter. This is Beta. There is no benefit to holding planets at all. As such, who cares if we lose some? PGI will reset the map when they roll out their new features next year, and this whole thing will start over again.

Why not earn a passle of C-bills, XP, and LP in the meantime then and have fun? Some people take this treaty stuff waaaaay too seriously.

It's a game; lighten up and live! Life is already serious enough without making our leisure serious too.

View PostRoadbeer, on 29 December 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

That's kind of the point I was trying to make.

We were perfectly content to leave you to the Clans w/ an occasional border skirmish while we slugged it out with Davion, but these rouge elements in your territory decided to not only prod us, because apparently our turrets were slightly less difficult than the Clan border, but be smug about it as well.

Let us know when they move on, and we'll consider resuming business as usual. :D

Maybe we'll go Marik and attack Steiner instead... :lol:

Edited by Nightmare1, 29 December 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#47 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 29 December 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Planets literally don't matter. This is Beta. There is no benefit to holding planets at all. As such, who cares if we lose some? PGI will reset the map when they roll out their new features next year, and this whole thing will start over again.

Why not earn a passle of C-bills, XP, and LP in the meantime then and have fun? Some people take this treaty stuff waaaaay too seriously.

It's a game; lighten up and live! Life is already serious enough without making our leisure serious too.

Maybe we'll go Marik and attack Steiner instead... :lol:

Why not? it was broadcast over a twitch stream that the 228 was going to move to either Marik or Liao to run a false flag op against the other.

Thing you don't seem to have a handle on is that communication that occurs WAY above your pay grade has a way of making it a waste of time for you.

#48 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 29 December 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

Why not? it was broadcast over a twitch stream that the 228 was going to move to either Marik or Liao to run a false flag op against the other.

Thing you don't seem to have a handle on is that communication that occurs WAY above your pay grade has a way of making it a waste of time for you.

*Shrug* I think the thing you're missing is that I actually don't care. Nobody in my Unit cares. We're in this for fun. We have fun by fighting. What really amazes me is that there are people like you that are so uptight about this game that you can't let it be a game. You have to get all formal with treaties and stuff, and then denounce pilots and Units that weren't included in the treaties.

It'd be laughable if it wasn't so sad. I actually feel a bit sorry for you, because I don't think you can be having as much fun as I am. :(

As far as pay grade goes...I'm dropped with/against the 228 before CW. I wasn't impressed.

Edit: Who watches Twitch streams? That's a waste of play time.

Edited by Nightmare1, 29 December 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#49 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

LOL, who's uptight?

All your posts make is sound like you've got a serious case of the butthurtz because you weren't invited to the table when the holiday CF was discussed.

Some of us are capable of having fun w/ a game on many levels, not just mashing buttons :D

#50 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

View PostScion Koga, on 25 December 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

So,

Very real question here.

There isn't a whole lot you can do if a unit attacks Davion. I mean seriously, what actions can you take? Call someone a "rogue unit" and make a bunch of posts about it?

At the end of the day, people want games, and want games that are fun. I want to use BT lore as much as the next guy, but I also want to play against different people as well.

Sure people can go attack anyone they want but at the end of the day without roleplaying and lore, CW is just another matching making battle type. Same as Battlefield where you just choose a random side and shoot people. The only reason why EvE is fun because of the player based lore, borders and politics. Since they gave us a half ass CW, we have to make our own roleplay as best as be can.

So... Steiner and Davon should be allianged against the clans.
But whatever you Inner Sphere scums, fight among yourselves.

Love,
Natasha Kerensky

#51 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostNatasha Kerensky, on 29 December 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Sure people can go attack anyone they want but at the end of the day without roleplaying and lore, CW is just another matching making battle type. Same as Battlefield where you just choose a random side and shoot people. The only reason why EvE is fun because of the player based lore, borders and politics. Since they gave us a half ass CW, we have to make our own roleplay as best as be can.

So... Steiner and Davon should be allianged against the clans.
But whatever you Inner Sphere scums, fight among yourselves.

Love,
Natasha Kerensky

Two Questions:

1) Why is Natasha Kerensky Steiner instead of Clan Wolf if she wants to roleplay (pretending to be Wolf's Dragoons instead?)?

2) I thought that lore names were against CoC?

#52 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 29 December 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

LOL, who's uptight?

All your posts make is sound like you've got a serious case of the butthurtz because you weren't invited to the table when the holiday CF was discussed.

Some of us are capable of having fun w/ a game on many levels, not just mashing buttons :D

Unh-huh...I suppose that explains why the purple pigeons and blue fisties all got upset when they found out we broke the so-called cease-fire? :huh:

The point of all this, is that no one Unit, or group of Units, can declare itself the "head" of all others. Each Unit still has its own free will to do what it believes is in the best interest of its members. It rankles when some self-proclaimed "leadership" decides to propagate a "treaty" in a video game, and then expect everyone to abide by it whether or not everyone had a say in it.

The essence of arrogance is believing you have the right to speak for others without their consent or input. The essence of the egotist is becoming angry or offended when those others don't do what you tell them.

There have been RL wars fought over that (Revolutionary War comes to mind).

For us, it was important to try some drop deck experiments and teach new members the CW maps and objectives at a time when a lot of the hardcore players and Units would not be dropping. We achieved that objective. :ph34r:

I'm done discussing this with you. The Marik logo looks like a purple pigeon, and your talking points reflect that "level" of conceptualization. :rolleyes:

Goodnight! ;)

#53 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

"above your paygrade" = you're an EPIC douche.

Three things...

1. It's a beta and will be reset, none of this counts(unless you wanna play forumwarrior)
2. You wusses never attack the clans, you just defend, so you are cowardly fools(I can play forumwarrior, too)
3. I'm a pirate, so really, in all seriousness, my job is to troll anyone who appears to be overly officious, and you nancyboy goatfisters fit the bill nicely.

PS - I found the Steiner scout lance. Looks like they went to the beach.

Posted Image

#54 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostHARDKOR, on 30 December 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

2. You wusses never attack the clans, you just defend, so you are cowardly fools(I can play forumwarrior, too)

You do realize that Marik, Liao and Davion cannot attack the Clans, we can only defend, you get that right?

#55 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

I'm hatin on the Steiner cowards. You're just a cross faction troll that happens to be in the crossfire. You stand next to them, you get ingrouped with em.

We didn't join this not so great house to defend the FRR every night. We want to push the clanners off the map and steal their mechs while we do it, not cower on our worlds hoping to save the family farm.

#56 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 30 December 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

You do realize that Marik, Liao and Davion cannot attack the Clans, we can only defend, you get that right?

You could if you switched Factions when your contract is up. :)

#57 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

There are some units that have figured out how to farm the (CW) system for the CBills and rewards without disrupting their LP with a faction.

I will not name those units as I know only of 2 or 3, but I am sure others are figuring it out and doing the sane thing.

Basically, you get your members to level 8 or above as a Merc unit for a specific faction by taking a 1 or 2 week contract.
When that contract is over, they simply take another for a different faction that is currently not involved against the Faction they just contracted with. Again, working their way up to Level 8 or higher then move to another faction. members of those unit are making tons of CBills, getting in some good to great matches and having fun.

Nightmare's unit is playing the game for having fun. His idea (If I may give my opinion on it) of fun is different than many of those that decided to band together and call themselves "the House majority" and decide to ally or attack or whatever. I respect his opinion, because overall, it is Beta and it is a game )and a game is supposed to be fun right?)

So the groups can decide this and that and include a few or a lot of unit waving the same colour banners and then decide to follow Lore or break all in the name of RP style fun. I respect that as well. My unit is under contract (currently) with Davion and have decided to follow the guidelines set forth by our employers. When that contract is up, who knows if we stay or go or join the Pirates...Whatever we do will be in the best interest of our team as a whole so that WE can have fun playing a game that we all enjoy in our own ways.

If some unit on either side of the 'truce', red or blue, decide to attack the other side then that will happen. We all know that there are enough units following the truce to return the favour to that unit and continue to go after them with multiple different units until the breaking unit decides to go elsewhere. Boils down to a game if numbers. Dorito Theory. IF you kill us, we will make more and continue to come back. Eventually the larger numbers will wear down the smaller bunch and the lesson will be learned at great cost to all involved.

I respect both sides (red and blue) and their alliance but i also respect the opinions of others that just playing to get matches and make some CBills and LP and move along. Both groups are 'playing the game' the way they want to and in the end, it will LIKELY be reset and it is a GAME - (you know thing that is supposed to be fun). enjoy it in your own way.

Cheers

#58 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

View Postvettie, on 30 December 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

There are some units that have figured out how to farm the (CW) system for the CBills and rewards without disrupting their LP with a faction.

I will not name those units as I know only of 2 or 3, but I am sure others are figuring it out and doing the sane thing.

Basically, you get your members to level 8 or above as a Merc unit for a specific faction by taking a 1 or 2 week contract.
When that contract is over, they simply take another for a different faction that is currently not involved against the Faction they just contracted with. Again, working their way up to Level 8 or higher then move to another faction. members of those unit are making tons of CBills, getting in some good to great matches and having fun.

Nightmare's unit is playing the game for having fun. His idea (If I may give my opinion on it) of fun is different than many of those that decided to band together and call themselves "the House majority" and decide to ally or attack or whatever. I respect his opinion, because overall, it is Beta and it is a game )and a game is supposed to be fun right?)

So the groups can decide this and that and include a few or a lot of unit waving the same colour banners and then decide to follow Lore or break all in the name of RP style fun. I respect that as well. My unit is under contract (currently) with Davion and have decided to follow the guidelines set forth by our employers. When that contract is up, who knows if we stay or go or join the Pirates...Whatever we do will be in the best interest of our team as a whole so that WE can have fun playing a game that we all enjoy in our own ways.

If some unit on either side of the 'truce', red or blue, decide to attack the other side then that will happen. We all know that there are enough units following the truce to return the favour to that unit and continue to go after them with multiple different units until the breaking unit decides to go elsewhere. Boils down to a game if numbers. Dorito Theory. IF you kill us, we will make more and continue to come back. Eventually the larger numbers will wear down the smaller bunch and the lesson will be learned at great cost to all involved.

I respect both sides (red and blue) and their alliance but i also respect the opinions of others that just playing to get matches and make some CBills and LP and move along. Both groups are 'playing the game' the way they want to and in the end, it will LIKELY be reset and it is a GAME - (you know thing that is supposed to be fun). enjoy it in your own way.

Cheers

Bingo! That's one of the more coherent pieces on this forum. :)

When CW gets new features and is out of Beta, then that may be the time to get serious. In the meantime, let's push the limits, give PGI its much-needed feedback, and have tons of fun in the process! :D

#59 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:19 PM

So hasn't PGI already said they're not planning on resetting the map any time soon, regardless of updates?

#60 CLAMALTO

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

It'll be beta for a long time, I'm sure, and while it's beta, I'd like to play as many different units as possible. I'll take it seriously when it's ready to be taken seriously. Till then, I'm in it for the booty and the lulz. Who knows, maybe they'll get it together and we'll end up with some real faction choices, like mercs and pirates ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users