#101 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 05 January 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

Without Ghost Drops or some other punishing mechanic you make the best way to defend a planet not to defend it at all, or to defend it with just one group. That's equally bad.

Consider two equal sized factions. Each has 120 pilots and they are perfectly co-ordinated. Without a Ghost Drop Mechanic, Side A invades a planet with 60 pilots. Side B to defend sends... 0 pilots. Why? No Ghost Drops means that Side A can NEVER take the planet unless Side B wants to let them have the chance.

Same situation but you have it toned back to no Ghost Drops if anybody defends. Side A Sends 60 pilots.... and Side B wanting to defend and knowing something about time... sends 1 group. This one group constantly stays fighting and basically makes each drop take roughly 30 minutes. They have delayed 60 people for *4* hours, instead of having the planet taken in an hour or two. That again is an even worse mechanic then what we have now.

There MUST be some mechanic to punish a side for deciding not to defend.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4049280

There is my proposal for "Boxing Round" scoring for taking a planet and extending battles over 3 days so ALL timezones have a chance and smaller populations or those with limited time can participate. have a planet taken in 1-2 hours? Why would I want that insanity?!? 1-2 days sure! I have a life and a job that requires most of my time and focus. I can't spend the amount of time I used to on this game, and I don't want to have to focus 100% on this game or basically watch overwhelmed factions just melt away between days I can play. We need to slow this down, not speed it up.

The wait time sucks, I agree, but that's a different issue. People generally don't play much at all save 3 hours before deadline. That has to end and that means needing more battles by a factor of 10-20 is necessary, and throttling how many teams can fight for a planet at one time, to spread out the battles to other planets.

Of course, most of this will have to be addressed when logistics gets added. Thinks like Rearm and Repair, travel costs, jumpship costs, unit planets limiting battle fronts available to fight on... the strategic elements of war that a large group of us have been waiting since this game's "official launch".

Edited by Kjudoon, 05 January 2015 - 06:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users