The Toughest Faction You Have Fought Against

115 replies to this topic

#1 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

I am just curious to see what factions have been causing the most trouble for different people. I know I have only really fought again davions but even there normally it is a close match and the one game the 228th had a really scary firing line. As in turned my awesome into a scrap heap by tearing every component off in under 15 seconds scary... So they definitely won there. Everyone feel free to state what faction or even specific group has given you the hardest time. Please try to keep it civil though I don't want to see anything about ghost drops or any such thing here if it can be avoided.

#2 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

The worst (hardest and one sided) was 2 Counter-Attacks against CGBI and STS. Both were Ghost Bear and facing against what looked like 18 CERPPC in my Cicada-3M was not nice in the opening minute of the game. Instadeath :(

*Edit*

If it is quality of game, Marik/Liao have both given me some really fun and tough fights (no I'm not trolling Liao as I have been accused of), on par tech and some pretty damn good pilots have been some of the best and most rewarding games I have had.

Edited by xX PUG Xx, 25 December 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#3 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Toughest faction I've faced, hands down, is Davion.
Individual units not withstanding, faction for faction, everyone else is just drowning kittens.

#4 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:58 PM

Clan Ghost Bear.

Clan Wolf and Steiner have been mixed bags, skill and coordination-wise.

#5 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

Outside of top tier Clan units like Lords, it would have to be Dave.

Win or lose, the fights often come down to the last drop.

#6 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:13 PM

Yep the Davion games are always pretty good. Occasionally there is a steamroll for one side or the other but not most of the time.

#7 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:10 AM

After pugging against Ghost Bear 12 mans yesterday, I'll have to stick with Davion. There is just a level of commitment there that you don't see anywhere else.

#8 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:46 AM

As a faction hands down this award goes to Davion - a lot of organised talented units.

Aside from the roflstomps from the Lords that is...

#9 Y4wn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:51 AM

Lords.

#10 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:55 PM

Marik. If I want an easy fight, I'll to the Kurita or Liao borders. If I want to have a good, bloody, bareknuckle scrap, I go to Marik. Whether that remains true after certain Merc companies switch contracts, we'll see.

#11 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:56 PM

Clan Jade Falcon, hands down.

#12 CouchDweller

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:18 PM

Funny I was about to say Steiner, lol

Edit: Although thats all we seem to be fighting these days.

Edited by CouchDweller, 26 December 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#13 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

No Faction is really tougher, it is the units that happen to be wearing a factions tag that matter.

Some of these tough units are in their 3rd faction flip.... contracts for units need to be much longer than for solo players.

But I would rule out any faction that doesn't have a clan/IS border. By definition those who fight IS mechs vs IS mechs are not tough.

Edited by Abivard, 26 December 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#14 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

FedSuns. Definitely FedSuns.

#15 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

Marik. Absolutely relentless and adaptive; at one point we were going through a new 'meta' every single day. Light rush? Solved it. Assault rush? Counter developed. Steady push up alpha gate channel? Found a way to make that turn out poorly. Zerg on Sulfur? Suddenly turned into a great way to throw a full wave of mechs away.

They turned quantity of matches into a refinement of quality of matches. Fighting Marik totally skewed my perspective of what CW played like; I got used to every single enemy group functioning like a 12mans on coms and being able to pug and just assume that everyone knew the plan, the tactics, stuck together and played like the whole match would hinge on how well they handled the next 30 seconds -

because generally it did.

Fighting Marik is like fighting the Borg. Got a tactic that works well? Hope you liked using it *that one time*, because 2 drops later they'll be using it *on you* and will have a counter for when you try it again. Davion came into CW with every advantage; a lot of long established units, great internal communications, some amazing tacticians (we had people making training videos in the first few days, coordinating tactics and deployment, etc), tons of pugs and our biggest enemy, Kurita, ended up getting mobbed by people who had no other real enemies.

Marik took several worlds from us, largely fought us to a standstill and didn't start really suffering until Steiner came in with us and Kurita turned away from us completely.

At this point I'm very proud of how badass Davion units are as a whole. It is absolutely fair though to say a lot of our strengths come from fighting Marik units. Beat our head against that brick wall until it gave way. Now we're pretty fearless, hardened and perhaps a bit brain damaged.

o7 Marik.

#16 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 27 December 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Fighting Marik is like fighting the Borg.

The Federated Suns will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

#17 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:00 PM

Nobody stands out to me as the toughest. All IS are getting slaughtered like sheep, as the trueborn conquer planets unhindered on the way to Terra. FRR has some balls though.

Perhaps when the Houses who are currently insulated from the Clan's advance finish their circle jerking and find themselves bordered to an Occupation Zone, will we determine the actual toughest faction.

Edited by bobF, 27 December 2014 - 10:01 PM.

#18 Fat Jack Murphy

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEuropa

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:15 PM

5FG (jade falcon) - they aim for the legs and hit. ******* wrecked a few locusts there.
LORD (jade falcon) - long range barricade
and a bunch of marik and FRR pugs or teams: what the (steiner turned marik)- and marik teams from the LCAF hub have in strategy fun, the FRR make up for in fierceness.

#19 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:10 AM

View PostAbivard, on 26 December 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

No Faction is really tougher, it is the units that happen to be wearing a factions tag that matter.

Some of these tough units are in their 3rd faction flip.... contracts for units need to be much longer than for solo players.

But I would rule out any faction that doesn't have a clan/IS border. By definition those who fight IS mechs vs IS mechs are not tough.

Says the guy who's never had to tell his guys that they can't have easy drops killing Wolves because the faction needs them hitting Marik AGAIN.

Mischief can attest to the relief that comes over the 22AL teamspeak when I say "Marik front looks good for tonight, let's do some fun drops."

He really hit the nail on the head when he said they're like fighting the Borg. You've got to set your LPlas frequency to rotating modulation, or they'll just stonewall you for having the hubris to use the same tactic against them two days in a row.

#20 Selene Lunaris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFrom Safety To Where?

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:33 AM

Rasalhague. The Space Vikings. But sweet Kerensky are those guys persistent. Not too tough in an actual fight, but they're persistent and INCREDIBLY fierce.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users