The Toughest Faction You Have Fought Against

115 replies to this topic

#101 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

I'll go ahead and say it - Kurita fields 1 exceptional 12man, 2 rock solid ones and several really good ones. And they always show - not a couple days a week, not just an hour or two a night, but all the ******* time.

Of all the things you can say about HK they have some fanatical loyalist units and in CW in the long term that is a huge benefit.

Ebb and flow in population happens to everyone but having a core of excellent and persistent house units is worthy of some jelly.

#102 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:40 AM

I would go with Liao, especially their premades. More lunatic than even the Clans, more desperate to prove their worth in the eyes of the Chancellor. They host some of the most fanatical loyalist units I have seen.

#103 Storyteller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:42 AM

Apart from the ever faction switching mercenaries, I experienced Clan Smoke Jaguar as the toughest opposing force. The have some really experienced and decent units on their hands.

But I must admit, that I mostly fought against the Jags, Davions and now Mariks. So I really can't tell, how good Ghosts Bears, Wolves, Jade Falcons, Steiner, Liao and the FRR are in overall. Some units of them I do know, and some are extremly good, but what's with the rest? Time will tell.

Edited by Storyteller, 20 February 2015 - 03:43 AM.

#104 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:56 AM

Smoke Jaguar and Jade Falcons have the highest concentration of strong loyalist units I have seen so far.
The hardest part is that they seem to have very high proportion of unit players in those factions, so its usually close to a 12-man.
And they all fight in a very coordinated and aggressive way.

Bears and Wolves are ok, but more a mixed bag, some good, some not that good.

Mercs of course are good, LORDs, MS, 228, many more.

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 21 February 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#105 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:05 PM

Well id rank it like this....

Jade falcon.(I remember facing up against lords.)
steel jags.
Ghost bear.
marik. (thou ms is the only name here i associate with a good fight, aside from closing wormhole I've not fought them much.)
Steiner.(barely fought these guys.)
clan wolf. (or clan pug.)
davion.(equal to clan wolf, but with no clanmechs so... i think of them as easy kills and easy cbills.)

The pugs of each faction are all equally terrible thou, with maybe clan wolf who seems to attract the worst of the bad pugs.

Lorewise thou... ... .... liao hands down, they survive batshit crazy ruler after batshit crazy ruler and everything the universe has to throw at them.

#106 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 15 February 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

They get everyone on TS and seem to all use the same TS. Even loyalist units.

They have a lot of tricks that every house could stand to use to coordinate their pugs.

ah makes sense. while we also have all of our loyalist units (and some of our merc units, though generally they just leave a rep for coordination) on our ts and we intermingle and drop with as many 12s as possible, we can never seem to get ANY pugs interested in jumping on ts. if they found a way to do it more power to them

#107 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:13 PM

MS (their A team at least) and several Smoke Jag loyalist units.

#108 Khanesh Loral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:41 PM

As much as I hate their trolling (and a few individuals), the Dracs. We've beat 228, PL, SROT, APOC, -AW- (NOT saying these are bad units, they all gave us great fights) etc etc etc. But goddamn, -NS-, NKVA, and ARK-something are tough as nails. Wish I would have been able to fight these guys at the start of CW. I would be 10x the player I am now.

Best competition we've had.

#109 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostKhanesh Loral, on 05 March 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

As much as I hate their trolling (and a few individuals), the Dracs. We've beat 228, PL, SROT, APOC, -AW- (NOT saying these are bad units, they all gave us great fights) etc etc etc. But goddamn, -NS-, NKVA, and ARK-something are tough as nails. Wish I would have been able to fight these guys at the start of CW. I would be 10x the player I am now.

We appreciate the props.

One request though. Can you prod a few Marik units and get them to drop vs our graveyard shift?
Clan PUGS are just not interesting.

Edited by Prophetic, 05 March 2015 - 12:58 PM.

#110 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostProphetic, on 05 March 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

We appreciate the props.

One request though. Can you prod a few Marik units and get them to drop vs our graveyard shift?
Clan PUGS are just not interesting.

Though there usually aren't much for organized teams at that time period other than on the weekends, come up and play in the Falcon OZ. We miss you guys, NS was always a fun match.

Edited by Wingbreaker, 05 March 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#111 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:36 AM

View PostKhanesh Loral, on 05 March 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

"ARK-something" is almost definitely ARKB, I think their full unit name is something like "Arkab Legion Expeditionary Force".

Last I head they were muddling through getting their top-tier players to crawl out from under their rocks and making every effort they can to take Arkab back from the clannerscum. Cool guys, pretty common to see them making up the majority of mixed unit groups.

#112 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

I would have to vote for a couple merc groups -MS- and 228 are about the only matches that I recall being truly exciting from start to finish when we were 12v12 in full groups. Could maybe fit one of the CWI groups into the mix, but I can't recall actually matching up full group versus full group against them.

Faction wise pugs tend to just destroy matches because they generally carry over their total disregard for tactics from standard drops and get one team or the other completely rolled.

Edited by sycocys, 26 March 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#113 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:42 AM

I've been with the FRR this whole time, so I've only fought clans. Ghost bear and Smoke Jaguar are roughly equal in my experience, tough both in numbers, coordination and skill, Wolf has been doing significanty worse. Only had a few fights with Jade Falcon but those few have been pretty tough.

Not including PUG defences in this, only groups, since against FRR attacks pugs are usually mixed and seldom representative of anything.

#114 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

I am and have always been a loyal member to the FRR.

In community warfare it would have to be, and I hate to admit it, the Jade Falcons. They are the whack-jobs of the clans and will mess you up.
In regular matches, it would be the FWL. It's like the battle is choreographed, it looks so smooth and effortless. Then you realize that you are surrounded getting your asses shot off. Have not played them in CW.

#115 GLaDOSauR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 142 posts
  • LocationEating your cake while you're not looking.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:32 AM

I've played 3 different matches with rasalhauge so far on my contract and I have to say that I'm glad I'm on their side. In the 2 battles against ghost bears and the one against Jade falcon I've seen a crazy crew of space vikings wipe out well organized clan groups with crazy efficiency. The only match where we even had an organized group was one where we had 8 members of PHL join us. The Jade falcon match came down to the timer tho. They were sitting on the last generator and all we had left was one badly damaged raven. And then the timer ran out. I wish I could have seen their faces. :)

#116 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:25 PM

Early on in CW, it was Marik hands down. The bloody furballs we had over Wazan... seriously. We probably blew up thousands of mechs on both sides just fighting over Wazan. Later it was all Kurita. NS, NKVA. Strongest players there. Just crazy good guys. Bring your A-game and your A-team, or lose. During the Euro time slot, TCAF are strong attackers (force them on the defensive and they're not quite as effective.)

Currently, my unit is taking a break from Davion space to explore the IS and challenge ourselves against other factions. In our 1 week thus far in the FRR, we've fought all of the Clans except Smoke Jaguar. Ghost Bear we've beaten the majority of the time, but only a handful of true stomps. Wolf is a toss up. Draw a strong team in decent numbers, like SWOL, and you're in for a tough fight. Otherwise we've walked over them. Our worst experiences have been on the Jade Falcon front because it seems we pull KCOM every time. Talk about curb-stomped. I've yet to pit a 1CR 12 man with all of my A-team against them, but even then I have my doubts. Jade Falcon is crazy strong right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users