The Toughest Faction You Have Fought Against

115 replies to this topic

#41 TK42Kahn

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

If you havent CGBI they are jerks. Also if you havent fought them, please come do so, so we can repel the coming blockade of our homeworld. For ours first, yours next. o7

#42 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

I do have to agree with previous posters. While not as organized or skilled as some of the house units, the FRR make up for it in spades with tenacity. I have had some really good experiences dropping with them against the filthy clanboyz up there.

#43 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 29 December 2014 - 11:29 PM, said:

Honestly, If we had more players in CW i wouldn't mind the Mercs not being allowed to join the clans....but then again that would be fair to them on a RL level, especially those with Clan mechs. I wouldn't mind the contracts being longer as well....7 days is too short.

We may be few but we are fierce and fight to the bitter end everyone of us. Even though the Smoke Jags go under many Unit Tags we are very much one force moving to Terra. We even bring the PUGS and SOLO pilots into our TS servers to ensure the best chance of success each time. Some even join once they see the finely geared machine moving...we have even taking a few bondsman.

But to answer the OP....any 12 man fit to fight and coordinated on comms is a true test of skill for our pilots. The toughest fights I have had to date have been against Nights Scorn [NS] which have mostly been brawls to the finish with them taking many more wins then I care to mention. :P

We appreciate the battles :)

#44 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

The hardest, most tactically advanced, relentless fighting I've seen is from the Mariks. The clan border had not been as impressive, as even though I've fought fewer drops there, a factionally mixed bag of pugs with one or two tactically sound leaders have pulled out more wins than losses against clan pug groups.

Additionally, the most courteous and sportsmanlike groups I've dropped across from have been the IS groups ( as much as we've beat eachother up in the forums). If I want a clean, enjoyable, hard fight? IS... If I want a bunch of chest-thumping, self promoting, crap talking? Clan border is where I go.

Your renown and word-fame comes from the words of your opponents.

Edited by Donas, 30 December 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#45 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:00 AM

I prefer fighting Mariks tbh, simply due to that in the few games we have did down there we tend to drop against units instead of pug scrubs. Besides, clan mechs are easy meat and very predictable as they have a limited mech roster from which to choose. popped one stormcrows legs, you have popped them all.

Unfortunately rather than IS v IS fights we have mostly been going for fighting a futile battle against the clams to date as most of the rest, with only a few exceptions, of Steiner are either lazy or incompetent (Although I suspect we might be going clam soon™ )

Caveat: I've yet to fight against FRR, Kurita & Liao

Edited by NextGame, 31 December 2014 - 02:06 AM.

#46 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:35 AM

View PostbobF, on 29 December 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

You first need to get accurate information, before you start losing to the Clans properly en masse. I've dropped with CGBI and STS and they are no joke, as their planetary ownership attests. They are the ones that re-conquered New Bergen, which wasn;t taken by "IS" but by CI working for FRR (who is also currently employed by the Bear, putting our race to Terra on turbo mode). GB does just fine without the mercs, though their wrecking face on the Bear's behalf is certainly appreciated. For all of the power and skill MS and CI can bring to bear, the Great Troll of Ferris was a failure. Wolf handled business, despite them being Wolves (no offense my canine trothkin, but cease fire with the Steiners? Somehow, intentional or not, you guys collectively RP that ponderous, wonky Warden outlook).

As for CSJ, I don't think PGI or whatever algorithm is used to determine attack pathing will choke them off from anything. They may be the first Clan to hold the distinct honor of sundering the first great house capital, something I proposed in place of a race to Terra in another post. I don't think anyone will be displeased with the epeenery that would justify, at least Clans. The IS may have some political fallout to deal with but considering the raw deal you guys are handing Kurita already with your amateur hour Dav/Marik border jerking, you likely don't care anyway.

You cannot defeat us because we are united. The lore says Invading Clans go kick everyone's ass, so that's exactly what Clans are doing. Davion goes struttin' as like half the playerbase RPs the FedCom; well, witness the power of four factions absolutely united. We got whine posts galore. Clans shouldn't have turrets. Clans always win defense. Clan mechs OP. ****, even the combined trolling power of two unhinged merc groups and the Lords couldn't break up this unity (glad you guys finally worked out that Butte Hold). Wolves making the entire Lyran peoples into peaceful bondsmen didn't even budge the unity. You guys go on full alert if a rogue Steiner pirate group attacks your precious Graham IV, and then srs bzns threads are posted, along with emergency council meetings and hasty calls for peace over the red line. SMH.

Unity is why you will lose, and unity is what will make the PvP apocalyptic. **** Wazaaaaa or w/e backwater planet you chumps keep recycling in the intellectual spank bank. You sound like middle-aged shoe salesmen reminiscing about highschool football heroism. We could have those battles every day, if IS would grow a pair.

Posted Image

10/10 impersonation

Edited by Uite Dauphni, 31 December 2014 - 03:37 AM.

#47 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:36 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 31 December 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

10/10 impersonation

It's too early. Stop making me laugh.

Edited by Podex, 31 December 2014 - 04:38 AM.

#48 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

View PostAbivard, on 26 December 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

No Faction is really tougher, it is the units that happen to be wearing a factions tag that matter.

Some of these tough units are in their 3rd faction flip.... contracts for units need to be much longer than for solo players.

But I would rule out any faction that doesn't have a clan/IS border. By definition those who fight IS mechs vs IS mechs are not tough.

As a merc or not I have to disagree with making contracts 'must be' longer. It is quite common that a merc unit only gets used for a single task/mission both IRL and fiction. I'd like to see 1 day contracts but I can understand the plethora of reasons that's not available. 1 Week is the longest they should HAVE to be tops and I could justify that against a single mission contract with the simple concept that it takes a week to conduct the aforementioned contract a unit is signed onto. Longer than that.... makes no sense to me at all.

Not even as a balance issue. I mean picture this: X Inner Sphere Faction is getting pounded hard by Y Clan faction. X Inner Sphere Faction has no current merc contracts (for what ever reason you want to make up) and yet Y Clan Faction has a and/or many strong mercenary contracts running. Would you want to be that Inner Sphere Faction that can't even hope to see merc's take on their contract for support because the merc's are all signed on for the next month to another faction and don't have a lane open to get there to support? The idea of simply breaking contract to switch should be thrown right out the window as well. This costs the merc units CBills and when CW gets into full swing you can bet no merc unit is going to spend CBills to break a contract unless they have gotten into a corner and can't do anything about taking a pounding.

Sometimes I wonder if people even begin to consider the big picture and the long run when they make suggestions for changes to this game.

#49 MistWalker

Rookie

• Sergeant-Major
  • Sergeant-Major
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:42 PM

Davion, most definitely. Hard fought, well played wars. Everything else were just warm-ups. Hats off, Davions.

#50 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:02 AM

Okay, so which unit causes your stomach to do the express elevator drop to the pit of your stomach?

#51 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:55 AM

Spend my time on the davion and clanfront and can definitively say that the clanners have the better units. Especially the Bears with the 9th Blood and Fire or CGBI gave us some good fights with very good sportsmanship.

#52 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:18 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 01 January 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

Okay, so which unit causes your stomach to do the express elevator drop to the pit of your stomach?

Not a single one. The big name units can be intimidating, but They can get wrecked by my shots like anyone else. They are more skilled players than I am, but they die just the same.

#53 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:27 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 01 January 2015 - 02:18 AM, said:

Not a single one. The big name units can be intimidating, but They can get wrecked by my shots like anyone else. They are more skilled players than I am, but they die just the same.

Well look at you getting on with yo baaaad self!

http://youtu.be/lyuwBW9lNa8

;)

#54 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:36 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 01 January 2015 - 02:27 AM, said:

Well look at you getting on with yo baaaad self!

http://youtu.be/lyuwBW9lNa8

;)

Not saying I can wreck, but I don't just drop trou and give up when I see them. When I run into a Lords drop, I know I'm for a world of hurt, but I still play smart, and make my shots count, I don't end up panicking, that's what I meant.

#55 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:52 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 01 January 2015 - 02:36 AM, said:

Not saying I can wreck, but I don't just drop trou and give up when I see them. When I run into a Lords drop, I know I'm for a world of hurt, but I still play smart, and make my shots count, I don't end up panicking, that's what I meant.

#56 Ten Ton

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

View PostY4wn, on 26 December 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

Lords.

I find Lords difficult... especially if you synch drop with them! They wouldn't let any non-lords pilots on their precious team-speak channel during a match yesterday, even when they made up two thirds of the drop, they purposefully left us with our willys in the wind trying to play catch-up.

All four of us asked to join TS, and were blown off, they even had the nerve to tell us to just listen to them on Twitch! so friggen arrogant, and exclusionary.

Punchline? we lost the match.

Hope that loss looked really cool for you on streaming you D-bags! I will never drop with you ******* again.

Edited by Ten Ton, 09 January 2015 - 12:05 AM.

#57 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:01 AM

They don't let a lot of people on their teamspeak because it has been ddos'd in the past. Also they don't like a lot of random people hanging around.

#58 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

Guys please try to refrain from just bashing on other units and such. This is basically an opinion thread and I would prefer to keep away from all the namecalling and such as it is just unnecessary. Thank you.

#59 Ten Ton

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

View Postpwnface, on 09 January 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

They don't let a lot of people on their teamspeak because it has been ddos'd in the past. Also they don't like a lot of random people hanging around.

We were not random, we were on the team. But clearly it wasn't that, it was elitism (undeserved..) and exclusionary.

View Postcranect, on 09 January 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

Guys please try to refrain from just bashing on other units and such. This is basically an opinion thread and I would prefer to keep away from all the namecalling and such as it is just unnecessary. Thank you.

It wasn't name calling it was what the specific faction was doing and it was confirmed by the apologist who followed up.

And here is a tip, if factions can behave this way they wound the CW process, so it needs to be publicized.

#60 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

View PostTen Ton, on 10 January 2015 - 09:40 PM, said:

We were not random, we were on the team. But clearly it wasn't that, it was elitism (undeserved..) and exclusionary.

It wasn't name calling it was what the specific faction was doing and it was confirmed by the apologist who followed up.

And here is a tip, if factions can behave this way they wound the CW process, so it needs to be publicized.

View Postcranect, on 09 January 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

Also, it was name calling. Not one particular player, not a faction, but a unit within a faction.

Again, please cease and desist, keep the topic on track fellas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users