16 replies to this topic

#1 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:03 AM

Do they, though?

Sure, they're beating up Kurita, and Liao, and Marik... so? If they're winning planets by ghost drops more fool them, it's a long queue and a boring game for something that has no real worth right now (territory) and has a fair chance of being reset at some point, possibly when CW moves out of beta. If they're not winning by ghost drop, then they're just winning.

I get that hating the faction that's popular because it's popular is a popular thing to do, and I have no love for them myself in terms of lore (and that holier-than-thou RP attitude on the forums is a massive pain in the arse, guys) but we're all just Sphere players in the end, so why not stop with the accusations and trolling, eh? If you fight and win a planet, grats I guess. If you fight and lose, tough luck, go defend the next one or try and take it back.

If Davion eats the entire Inner Sphere because they've got more guys than everyone else put together, then that's what happens. CW's over, Davion wins until PGI resets the map. Until then, keep fighting on the field with a bit of dignity, yeah? Slagging matches and accusations in the forum don't reflect well on any faction.

Edit Disclaimer: Davion does not have more guys than everyone else put together. I know somebody is going to need that pointed out to them.

Edited by Onmyoudo, 28 December 2014 - 07:04 AM.

#2 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:08 AM

If the Davion guys have more people than the other factions, guess what? All the others can ally against them (thinking about Marik, Liao and Kurita).

#3 Y4wn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:10 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 28 December 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

If the Davion guys have more people than the other factions, guess what? All the others can ally against them (thinking about Marik, Liao and Kurita).

The wolf speaks like a liao! Make it so.

#4 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:15 AM

Strangely enough, they already have.

#5 Liam Avery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Steiner Space. Fighting the Clans.

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

Just... it doesn't look to have any affect as of this moment.

#happilysittingonmyhighhorse

#6 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:59 PM

We have. However, Liao is underpopped, Kurita has the Clans on their other border, and those fisters keep kicking us in the back whenever we throw large numbers at Dave.

#7 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

Liao is having a population explosion. It's a good thing.

#8 Y4wn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:10 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 28 December 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

We abandoned the one-child policy.

#9 Driftwoood

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:22 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 28 December 2014 - 11:02 PM, said:

So I hear... but I think SJR is only with us for a week, and PHL maybe the same... PHL has something like 150+ pilots, so I think they have doubled or tripled our active player base...

But they seem to leave a few hours before cease fire, and when we can't field 36+ people, the ghost drops start to quickly turn the tide right at the end... (didn't see today, but doubt it was any different than last few days...)

#10 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

the gift of having the vast majority of the pilots playing the last 2 h bevor cease-fire.
holding the majority of sectors for 23h has NO effect at all if your opponent outnumber you 3-1 for the last hour bevore cease-fire

#11 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostDriftwoood, on 29 December 2014 - 01:22 AM, said:

So I hear... but I think SJR is only with us for a week, and PHL maybe the same... PHL has something like 150+ pilots, so I think they have doubled or tripled our active player base...

But they seem to leave a few hours before cease fire, and when we can't field 36+ people, the ghost drops start to quickly turn the tide right at the end... (didn't see today, but doubt it was any different than last few days...)

Your people are fighting hard and well. Pretending that 'ghost drops' are what wins though.... really?

Organized groups faceroll pugs unless the pugs get organized. That goes both ways though. When you get on with a 10man or 12man and win 8 out of 10 matches, realize there is a Davion unit doing the same thing the other way at the same time. In fact there are probably 3 doing it. It's not turret stomps (I've never had one on the Liao border; you guys have a 60+ queue lately at crunch time, turret drops are literally impossible) but just more organized units.

It's still numbers - no question. The difference though is that it's not turret stomps but just more organized units vs pug matches.

We are 100% all for matches being decided by average wins over 24 hours. We'd all enjoy that. Actually a lot of Davions and Mariks play in off hours.

I get that nobody likes to lose. It sucks. Saying though that every single faction we've fought against, Marik, Steiner, Liao, Kurita, coincidentally all have the same problem and that in spite of the statistics and looking at the map in the last 3 hours and seeing those queues with more than 36 people in them it's all just ghost drops that happen, inexplicably, in spite of enough defenders to keep the defense queue full....

that's not doing it, that's never what's been doing it. There has been maybe 1 planet that switched due to that, not counting Kurita worlds that are literally just left undefended. Davion is growing by winning matches against players, doing it often, consistently and relentlessly. You don't want that to happen to you then surrender or work out a viable cease fire. Saying that in CW we're not allowed to play to win against you because we're just too much bigger or have too many units is just... silly. Putting some sort of Elo style matchmaker into CW is also silly. Eventually the tide will turn against us and other factions will get the numerical advantage and we're not going to change our tune. CW is play to win; it's not about trying to find nice, well balanced fights.

That's the whole point.

#12 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

I came here worried by the title and the sound of OP's name.

Sheesh, you had me worried there for a moment. Have a +1. :)

#13 Ollie Rifleman Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenberg (TC)

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 29 December 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

It's not turret stomps (I've never had one on the Liao border; you guys have a 60+ queue lately at crunch time, turret drops are literally impossible) but just more organized units.

http://www.fotos-hoc...ntli5879jg1.jpg

Thats the problem, we haven't enough units to attack and defend at the same
time.

gz

Edited by Katadhoum, 29 December 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#14 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostKatadhoum, on 29 December 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

http://www.fotos-hoc...ntli5879jg1.jpg

Thats the problem, we haven't enough units to attack and defend at the same
time.

gz

The 60+ on Maladar shows poor utilization of your available resources. Davion population has been comparatively low the last week or so, but we're able to put people where they'll do the most good.

#15 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:57 AM

We were Davion last week, and I have to tell you that we only flipped one planet due to it being undefended. After that we met opposition during every drop. My unit voted on which faction to Merc for next, and it was decided that house Kurita needed our help. So here we are!

I hope this helps balance out the numbers so that CW is more enjoyable for everyone. Please don't hate the Davions though, Were all just players trying to have fun kicking arse and taking names. =]

Cheers!
~Sand

#16 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostY4wn, on 29 December 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

Okay, that was really funny.

#17 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 30 December 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Okay, that was really funny.

View PostY4wn, on 29 December 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

Yeah, I read that just after it was posted. I'm still laughing as well ~Grins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users