Merging With Ghost Bear

87 replies to this topic

#1 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

Obviously we're never going to lose, but if we do get pushed back by the teddies, what do you guys think about going full lore and merging? I like this lovely blue color and my sexy IS mechs, and instead of losing them, I suggest fighting alongside the teddies instead. We could have Rasalhague players in IS mechs fighting side by side with the bears in Clan mechs killing everything in our path. Just a thought.

Oh and by alongside I mean on the same "attack/defend" team in the queue sort of like we have now with every faction vs. clans.

#2 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:37 PM

I'm sure PGI will make the appropriate changes to the game in order to allow you and the ghost bears to drop together.

#3 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 28 December 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

I'm sure PGI will make the appropriate changes to the game in order to allow you and the ghost bears to drop together.

I would argue that the game will be 'stuck' in Invasion Era and will not actually follow lore in that regard.

#4 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:47 PM

View PostDavers, on 28 December 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

I would argue that the game will be 'stuck' in Invasion Era and will not actually follow lore in that regard.

I'd say the same, but at the current pace FRR won't exist for much longer so lore might be our only option for salvation.

#5 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:59 PM

View PostSerial Peacemaker, on 28 December 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Obviously we're never going to lose, but if we do get pushed back by the teddies, what do you guys think about going full lore and merging? I like this lovely blue color and my sexy IS mechs, and instead of losing them, I suggest fighting alongside the teddies instead. We could have Rasalhague players in IS mechs fighting side by side with the bears in Clan mechs killing everything in our path. Just a thought.

Oh and by alongside I mean on the same "attack/defend" team in the queue sort of like we have now with every faction vs. clans.

I think we don't need to merge with Ghost Bear.

Edited by luxebo, 28 December 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#6 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:13 PM

View PostSuperAtomicAirplane, on 28 December 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

What?

I say we don't merge with Ghost Bear. There I said it clearer now.

#7 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

I'd rather merge with ghost bear then find myself a kurita or davion. Of course we wouldn't do it now, but after most of our territory is gone.

Edited by Serial Peacemaker, 28 December 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#8 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

Nice idea, if we want to stick to lore we just have to wait 64 years to make it happen.

#9 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:36 PM

Not important anymore

Edited by Klappspaten, 30 December 2014 - 08:07 AM.

#10 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

http://www.sarna.net...lhague_Dominion

3060 so it would only be 10 years :)

#11 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:03 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 28 December 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

Nice idea, if we want to stick to lore we just have to wait 64 years to make it happen.
But I´d rather merge with CGB before I have to read another line of race talk in this forums. Hell, I´d rather merge with Liao before that.
Yeah, you corrected it, but that sentence should never have found its way in here if you ask me.

There ok. I really corrected it now. I'll stop using any real life references because someone will call me out on it.

I'm sorry for bringing race into this because that is such a terrible topic. <Edit: @Klapp and SuperAtomicAirplane can you guys delete the quote pls? The way I stated that quote is... really bad now that I've reread what I've said, did not mean that way in any way. Cut me some slack, been a long day a work and I'm not even fully white.>

But regardless I think we should be our own state, take our own possessions, and if anything, take Ghost Bear for ourselves. Makes sense yes? But seeing the way CW is going at the moment we likely will get swallowed if we don't act quickly.

Edited by luxebo, 28 December 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#12 SuperAtomicAirplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:16 PM

View PostSerial Peacemaker, on 28 December 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

http://www.sarna.net...lhague_Dominion

3060 so it would only be 10 years :)

Read the actual article again :)

The Ghost Bears form their own occupation government of our planets called the Ghost Bear Dominion in 3060. It isn't until 3103 that the last of the remaining FRR planets agree to join them to form the Rasalhague Dominion.

#13 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

View PostDavers, on 28 December 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Yes, I feel that the planets will go back and forth for a very long time. Honestly, the FRR did put up a fight for a few years before being mostly assimilated into the Ghost Bear Touman, even then, it was a few more years until the remainder of the FRR loyalists who were supported by Comstar finally joined the Dominion.

#14 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostIronClaws, on 28 December 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

Yes, I feel that the planets will go back and forth for a very long time. Honestly, the FRR did put up a fight for a few years before being mostly assimilated into the Ghost Bear Touman, even then, it was a few more years until the remainder of the FRR loyalists who were supported by Comstar finally joined the Dominion.

Few years? Heh, Davion has taken over 20 planets in 2 weeks. If this trend continues they will be up 60+ planets in another month. Same with CGB. I feel for the FRR guys. Even after a reset, I think people will shy away from factions that didn't do well in CW Beta. :(

#15 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

I was being a bit sarcastic. I doubt PGI will allow FRR and CGB to join so that you can attack with the best of both groups of mechs. Also, it's not possible to completely eliminate a faction as the home world isn't able to be taken.

#16 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

Will bump the thread to repeat myself, @Klapp and SuperAtomicAirplane can you guys delete the quote pls? The way I stated that quote is... really bad now that I've reread what I've said, did not mean that way in any way. Cut me some slack, been a long day a work and I'm not even fully white.

Just to keep the topic cleaner. If a beginner walked in here that wouldn't be great in any way.

#17 SickerthanSars

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:28 PM

View Postluxebo, on 28 December 2014 - 07:59 PM, said:

I think we don't need to merge with Ghost Bear.

The best part of this is you don't really have an option or real say in the matter, FRR is losing 2 planets a day minimum since the holiday break ended.

#18 HelloKittyWarfare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

Beeing conquered isn't fun at all, but surrender to some teddybears in stormcrows can't be the way of proud space wikings.

payment and propaganda. get yourself more mercs...and pray for better attack windows.

#19 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:17 AM

View PostSickerthanSars, on 28 December 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

The best part of this is you don't really have an option or real say in the matter, FRR is losing 2 planets a day minimum since the holiday break ended.

Dude Sicker, stop bragging. More than 50% of my matches are lost to the Ghost Bear. Every time I fight Wolf, they lose. Every time I fight ANY other Clan, I lose. This says a hell of a lot.

I think after break I'm just gonna take a long break from CW till I hear of something good. Overall I've always heard of CW, it seems like something that I could really really enjoy for a long time, but considering I can't even break 80 match score on most if not all of my matches, I don't know if I'm gonna be around when the Dominion comes around. It's been disappointing as heck dropping in CW and losing almost 0-48 without a gen destroyed, all matches except to the Wolves.

#20 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:35 AM

The problem that I see most of the time is that usually only pug groups are on the IS teams. If you guys want to start winning, do like the Davions or Mariks and drop in 12 man groups using voice coms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users