#1 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

Dear DCMS house soldiers and other mercs unified under the banner of the Dragon.

FOR THE LOVE OF BLAKE AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, STOP DEFENDING AND ATTACK PLANETS AT THE BORDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I... hopefully, have everyone's attention, allow me to explain.

I have noticed a disturbing trend with House Kurita to ONLY defend. I go into the CW que, and we have NO ONE, EVER, attacking.

This has got to stop. What happened to honor? What happend to gaining Glory for House Kurita?

Let's face it, there's a LOT of Kurita Pilots, and maybe not all of them are up to snuff, but if all we do is defend, eventually, those units will loose, and we will loose planets [as we have been doing since the war began.]

We need to make concentrated, Focused pushes against our enemy's... or pretty soon, Little... Kurita-sama... won't have a c-bill, for his Obaasan.

#2 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:00 AM

We made a focused attack as a 12 man on the Davion front Saturday night but were unable to acrue enough points to take the planet with our contribution alone. Our enemies have superior numbers but we will never give up.

-k

#3 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

Attacking is all fine if there is somebody to fight.

When I log into CW, I often see large numbers of players attacking kurita worlds, with a distinct need for defenders, while the planets to attack have emptry ques, since I want a game to play I go where the people are.

#4 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:35 PM

View PostSlepnir, on 29 December 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

Attacking is all fine if there is somebody to fight.

When I log into CW, I often see large numbers of players attacking kurita worlds, with a distinct need for defenders, while the planets to attack have emptry ques, since I want a game to play I go where the people are.

If you attack, they will defend, if they do not defend you get a ghost drop victory, 7 victories and the planet is yours.

The FRR has a saying, "The best defense is a good offense". This is even more true for us clan border faction pilots.

Right now our two factions are being attacked by 3 clans, Steiner is barely defending against Jade falcon and the CJF is the only one attacking Steiner, Steiner has a ceasefire/alliance with Clan Wolf and Steiner also has the help of the rest of the IS house to defend them from jade Falcon, but they still will not attack clanners. They also keep losing their worlds every single day.

Only the FRR and Kurita are attacking clan worlds, and both of our attacking forces are getting a little demoralized by the 'We can't get matches if we attack' crowds. Ignore them, If you Attack, the clan Will defend.

Let the Blue and Red Dragons show the rest of the IS and the Clans what it means to 'Awake the Dragon'!

#5 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

'Awake the Dragon'!

In the Game of Thrones... you win or you wake the dragon.

#6 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:25 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 29 December 2014 - 11:52 PM, said:

In the Game of Thrones... you win or you wake the dragon die.

Fixed it for you....

Edited by Von Blumen, 30 December 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#7 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:38 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 29 December 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

We made a focused attack as a 12 man on the Davion front Saturday night but were unable to acrue enough points to take the planet with our contribution alone. Our enemies have superior numbers but we will never give up.

-k

Good to know, ELP will continue trying on our front, but it's proving tough.

View PostAbivard, on 29 December 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

If you attack, they will defend, if they do not defend you get a ghost drop victory, 7 victories and the planet is yours.

The FRR has a saying, "The best defense is a good offense". This is even more true for us clan border faction pilots.

Right now our two factions are being attacked by 3 clans, Steiner is barely defending against Jade falcon and the CJF is the only one attacking Steiner, Steiner has a ceasefire/alliance with Clan Wolf and Steiner also has the help of the rest of the IS house to defend them from jade Falcon, but they still will not attack clanners. They also keep losing their worlds every single day.

Only the FRR and Kurita are attacking clan worlds, and both of our attacking forces are getting a little demoralized by the 'We can't get matches if we attack' crowds. Ignore them, If you Attack, the clan Will defend.

Let the Blue and Red Dragons show the rest of the IS and the Clans what it means to 'Awake the Dragon'!

THIS... SO MUCH THIS.

We NEED to be attacking. we need to push the Ghost Bears and Smoke Jag's back. We need to put focused attacks on these planets and take back our terrority.

The dragon is strong, my heart lies with the dragon, even if I pledge myself as a merc, seeing us loose so much terriority is heartbreaking.

We CANNOT let the clans push in further, and to stop them, we must push back, HARD.

#8 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:00 AM

If memory serves me we tried several offensives in the early days of CW on clans.

Attacking clans gives an even greater numbers advantage to them. Just like with IS on defense the clans can also defend with multiple factions.

#9 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:43 PM

If by fixed you mean "missed the joke entirely" then yes you did! :lol:

#10 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:23 PM

abivard you missed my point.

you need 12 players to start an attack, even for a ghost drop. if nobody is in the attack lobby, you sit there and dont get a game. heck last night I sat in an attack lobby with 5 other IS players for like 20 minutes. nobody else joined.

I then hopped over to join a FRR defense and got into a match almost immediately.

#11 Rihko

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 29 December 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

-k

I mentioned this the other week - if someone isn't in a twelve man but wants to do a CW drop, they'll look at active planets, see that the clan fronts are packed and other worlds are empty, and go stand in line to fight the Clanners. Or they'll see another planet that needs defenders, and go there.

If more people started lining up for offensive drops, even on empty planets, it could build the momentum we need to get our borders pushed back out.

#12 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:36 AM

ELP is currently planning an offensive op against the enemies of our employer.

If you are interested in joining this offensive please post contact details here and we will look at how we may coordinate our forces.

#13 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

Just finish what the 11th and the 36th started today and then celebrate new year ;)

#14 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostReitmeier, on 31 December 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Just finish what the 11th and the 36th started today and then celebrate new year ;)

Good advice, but most of my unit is likely busy tonight. Some time in the new year however.

#15 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostWilliam Knight, on 31 December 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Good advice, but most of my unit is likely busy tonight. Some time in the new year however.

Nevermind. Unfortunately the ghost Counterattacks allready started...

#16 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

As a solo drop type, I've defended Steiner, Ras, and Kurita clanward planets over break. I can only take so much Squuaaking on the Liao border and our Merc teams are carving up the Celestial empire, so I try to help up north.

One thing to keep in mind, when your sitting in a queue with only 5, MM is still weighted to 12 man premades. There might be 2 or 3 attacks going on, but your not getting into them b/c you are bumpmed to the arse end by premades. I seriously hope they put in more improvements for single house players. I want to enjoy CW, but don't want to join a Merc Unit yet. I want to play as a line regiment faction player.

Edited by Kali Rinpoche, 31 December 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#17 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

I'm sure we can organise a counter at some point.

#18 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

I will hopefully be on and playing as of Friday. Unfortenately I just don't have time monday-thrusday as I work those days.

#19 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

The FRR has an injection of merc units thanks to a boosted contract (as planned) and is preparing a coordinated attack operation against Clan Ghost Bear. Seeing that Kurita is facing a common enemy, I encourage all border skirmishes between FRR and Kurita to re-deploy to the Clan Ghost Bear front and push back TOGETHER against this common enemy.

Until now, CGB has laughed at the squabbling between the IS Houses as they gobble up our territories virtually uncontested.

That time is over... the Mercs are here to fight the Clans.

Await orders from DCMS High Command and prepare for glorious battle!

#20 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

Several planets taken by FFR after the peace treaty have yet to be returned to us. We also have a davion problem keeping our units tied up in the galactic "south".

Once we have delt with these issues we should be in a position to attack the clans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users