Progress The Mwo Time-Line, To 3060 To Allow For More Tech And Balance!

51 replies to this topic

Poll: Progress the MWO Time-Line to 3060 to allow for more Tech and Balance! (135 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Time-Line Progress to 3060?

1. Yes, and the Tech will make it Easier to Balance! (62 votes [46.97%])

Percentage of vote: 46.97%

2. Perhaps, but i dont think it will have much of an Impact on Balance! (29 votes [21.97%])

Percentage of vote: 21.97%

3. no, i would rather not have the time-line move up! (41 votes [31.06%])

Percentage of vote: 31.06%

If the Time line where to pregress how soon would you like it?

1. First Quarter 2016, Please! (22 votes [16.30%])

Percentage of vote: 16.30%

2. Second Quarter 2016, Fix CW First! (40 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

3. Thrid Quarter 2016, Not to Important! (73 votes [54.07%])

Percentage of vote: 54.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

i see your point bit that may be worse then advancing the time line before the game is ready

#22 Demon Horde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

X-pulse lasers did more than extend the pulse laser range for IS , they also drastically increased damage Beyond what the clan pulse lasers do, but at the cost of a lot more heat.

Further more if they did this they'd have to revoke all the nerfs they did to clan weapons. as this new I tech would compete with the clan stuff the way it was when they first added clans, as clan stuff is now , the new IS stuff would Overpower clan stuff.

Edited by Demon Horde, 26 January 2015 - 02:48 AM.

#23 Apophis Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:56 AM

Focus on completing and optimizing CW first. IS quirks will help with balance for now.

#24 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

I for one would really like to see PGI start working on adding all the weapon systems mentioned in the OP at the end of this year and opening them up for use on the test server periodically. I don't think we should do a time-line jump to 3060 until at least January 2016. Maybe we can hop to 3055 at third quarter of this year to introduce a few new variants or maybe a new chassis, but we still aren't up to date with all the requests for 3050 tech, to be honest. LBX needs fixed, we have at least 8 more popular mechs to include... I'm okay with things moving along slowly.

#25 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

As nice as it would be to see more tech available to both sides I don't want a time skip to happen until after they have been implement all currently existing tech and Mechs via Lore.

#26 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:29 AM

I think it would be fun, finely get the IICs.
The Locust IIC could easily use the Koto image and oh man the Hvy Lasers.
I would love to see heavy lasers as well as Micro lasers(though I cannot remember when they came out).

so advancing the Timeline would be fun.

though I do have a question, if it is a timeline split then couldn't the clans have had the IIcs much earlier seeing as those would be easy to produce and quickly?

#27 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

There are 17 IIc models in production at the time of the clan invasion (3050), another one starts production a year into the invasion (3051) so by the time the in initial invasion stops there are 18 IIc Mechs in production and use by the clans. After that we have to wait till 3063 to gain the 19th IIc Mech, then 3084 for the 20th and finally 21 and 22nd both in 3085. Most IIc Mechs have been in production by the clans since approx 2850 so for the last 200 years.

Edited by JadeTimberwolf, 27 January 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#28 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:06 PM

@JadeTimberwolf

so then we should be able to get all of the mechs such as the Commando, Wasp/Stinger(I know won't happen), Locust(Koto should be able to work), Jenner, & the twin AC 20 Swayback IIcs because they fall in line with the era?

#29 Action Man

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

poll is dumb and flawed, but if I could some how i'd vote NO, balance is irrelevant of tech level, just learn to be good with to tools you have, instead of trying to sway the hearts and minds just to get what you want. nothing will be ever perfect. accept adapt and move on. Russ from what I heard said the option is there to advance it, I think however will only do so if enough whine for it. there are far more important things to fix, this will just compound. I will actually feel like a veteran of the game 5 years from now at 3055 with lots of stories tell. plenty of content to add with out touching the year.

Also ever consider the effect on CW In how that will be managed, most while aware of the lore are not fanatically sticking to it and curious to how it pans out. say (hypothetically) that Liao have total control of Davion space, and half of kurita, and next week they advance it 10 years. What dictates the map then? do they use the 3060 map of cannon IS and piss all the work and community development down the drain, or hazard a guess as to what it would look like? possibly upsetting a large portion of the CW player base so peeps can have their Xpulse and rotaryAC, go play MW4 if you want it bad enough.

Again while not perfect, nothing in the game currently is OP, Lots of opinions on what is but nothing united enough, to actually be OP, with some teamwork and smarts any mech can be taken out, is just the difficulty that varies. adding more tech will solve NOTHING.

#30 Krysic

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:21 AM

View PostMax Liao, on 01 January 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

followed by weeks of unintended consequences which causes more chalkboards and napkins to be covered in more polyhedral wheel designs.

ROFL

Edited by Krysic, 31 January 2015 - 06:21 AM.

#31 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:31 PM

View PostVinJade, on 30 January 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

@JadeTimberwolf

so then we should be able to get all of the mechs such as the Commando, Wasp/Stinger(I know won't happen), Locust(Koto should be able to work), Jenner, & the twin AC 20 Swayback IIcs because they fall in line with the era?

Sorry about the late reply, yes I believe we should be able to get access to all Mechs both IS and Clan because they are in line with the era, especially before a time skip is introduced because after a time skip tech will change and more mech designs we be in era.

#32 Christopher Hamilton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Steiner Sector

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

dont move timeline.

fix stuff before moving on. every readout after 3050 made it WORSE not better in CBT, dont expect these things to change in a system mimic-ing the CBT game.

if you want to balance clans, use them as intended:
have them work as a binary of 10 mechs vs the inner sphere company of 12.
enforce zellbrigen
allow for underweight clan units (batchall system) in exchange for e.g. +% in rewards.

the last 2 points could be coupled to something like "honour standing" inside the clans and access to first vs second line mechs. If you bid e.g. away first line mechs in a invasion, you may only enter in IS gear etc. for additional honour.

bidding away first line omnimechs for second line IS gear etc. would also help, but needs to be limited to avoid 12 spider CW from the clans.

#33 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

I'm all for more armament options, but the balancing issues will never be solved until they break away from only doing blob assault modes. Probably also the reason why their balance is constantly from ditch to ditch because they refuse to make gameplay a part of the equation.

#34 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

rather than progress the time line instantly id say consider advancing a year in the timeline every 2-4 months in real time.

you could bring out new tech as a prototype prior to official availability in the timeline (with some nerfs or insane costs or whatever). then when the weapon is offitially available do a buyback of the protos for some cbills and/or the official version.

Edited by LordNothing, 12 March 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#35 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:51 AM

I'm all for dropping all the X-Tech instantly - 3145 if you ask.
Simple because with hundreds of different options players should be able to get a "counter" for stuff that got on their nerfes.

"Cry, Whine.... PPCs Pinpoint is killing me"
"don't worry kid - take reflect armor and your brand new blue shield particle damper!"

"Cry Whine.... LRMs everywhere!"
"don't worry kid - take reactive armor, and try the new LAMS!"

"Cry Whine - Mechs dy to fast wie need more armor
"...test modular armor, hardened armor and reinforced structure
to continued

#36 Fairly

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:18 PM

I'm sorry guys but what makes you think new weapons are anywhere in the pipeline?
I want new weapons more than you know, but nothing in the way PGI operates, especially the way they are handling balance, indicates that new weapons are going to happen, ever.

They can barely keep the ship together with existing weapons, for years and years now, all they do is sell us new mechs.

I'd love to be convinced otherwise though.

#37 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

In the end even with all those weapons people will still min max and the same ole builds will be had and seen. and the river of QQ will over fill that not enough Waaaambulances will be available to save the casualties.

#38 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

View PostFairly, on 19 March 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

I'm sorry guys but what makes you think new weapons are anywhere in the pipeline?
I want new weapons more than you know, but nothing in the way PGI operates, especially the way they are handling balance, indicates that new weapons are going to happen, ever.

They can barely keep the ship together with existing weapons, for years and years now, all they do is sell us new mechs.

I'd love to be convinced otherwise though.

The irony of course being, that TT itself started reaching ludicrous levels of imbalance from 3050 onwards (it was never really balanced, but it was manageable) and each new "Decade" of releases basically made the balance worse.

Good thing we don't adhere to the lore righ- Nevermind...

#39 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

Counter proposal: reset it to 3025, and make all clan players deal with each other in the clan systems.

#40 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:53 PM

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic so I'll assume you were genuine.

Two screens, IS Faction and Clan Faction - so every player can use all their mechs.

It WOULD get really beastly to try and do the instant battles anymore though, because you flat out could not mix team IS and Clan. But if the only mode was "CW" like in MPBT3025, you could have some battles simply be force on force instead of defend a gun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users