The Mercstar Alliance [-Ms-] - Recruiting New And Veteran Pilots For Cw Now!

221 replies to this topic

#1 Antonius Rex

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

Gentlemen,

Tired of pugging alone?

Sick of getting rolled by organized 12 mans?

Come and join the MercStar Alliance today!

The Mercstar Alliance is a unique creature in that we are a number of MWO comp teams that have banded together to make a "super unit" of sorts. The idea was that on our own, we would not likely be able to have as great an influence in CW as we would like. But together, we can achieve great things, as you can see by the 1st place standing [-MS-] currently maintains in CW.

We are a Merc organization at heart, splitting our focus 50/50 between IS contracts and Clan ones. For Clans, we are primarily focused on Ghost Bear, but for IS we are a little more flexible. We are certainly interested in possible offers from other factions for our "unique" services.

Currently we field a maxed out Regiment of mechwarriors (180 pilots), which is a tremendous feat seeing as the unit [-MS-] has only existed since December 9th, 2014. On a good night, we can bring to any given warzone nearly 6 full 12 mans, the majority battle tested in leagues such as MCW, RHoD, and MRBC. And we are only growing... :)

As mentioned above, we are recruiting!

Things we look for in new recruits:
- willingness to learn new skills and take your MWO abilities to the next level
- ownership of both Clan and IS mechs (we fight for both sides as Mercs)
- ability to work as a team and get along with your comrades-in-arms
- generally just being awesome and having a positive attitude

If you find yourself looking for a new or better home, and feel you meet the requirements listed above, please feel free to look us up! MercStar is always looking at picking up pilots with a positive attitude to join us in our quest for glory and c-bills.

Currently, the MercStar Alliance is made up of 5 distinct comp units:
The Swords of Kentares
Clan Kodiak
SiG
Star League Reborn
The Forsaken Few

So while we maintain [-MS-] tags as a collective in MWO itself, on teamspeak and in MWO Comp play, we retain our original unit tags. The idea is that each member unit of [-MS-] is its own sovereign entity, able to decide their own fate. They choose which comp leagues to participate in, maintain their own websites and forum presence. In the different comp leagues, they play as their own unit, but get the benefit of having a larger unit to train/scrim with, as well as having a large pool of extra pilots to draw from should the desire it.

We are also interested in having another 1 or 2 smaller competitive units join our ranks as member units.
If you or any of the main leaders of your unit would like to discuss possible future opportunities, you can contact myself, or any of the Officers and Unit Leaders of Mercstar on our ts server:

ts.mercstaralliance.com

Cheers,

Antonius Rex,
of The Swords of Kentares,
and The MercStar Alliance.

Posted Image

Edited by Antonius Rex, 15 May 2015 - 12:20 AM.

#2 R2D2FTW

Rookie

• Clan Exemplar
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:46 PM

Our first official recruitment video with stars such as Antonius Rex, Hybrid Black and Hann Solo.

http://youtu.be/a2ED-4Va5z4

Edited by R2D2FTW, 29 December 2014 - 08:12 PM.

#3 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:13 PM

Come on down ladies and gentlemen... see a -MS- guy in pug queue, talk to them, you could be the next potential pilot on our rosters!

We are a talkative bunch, fun going and very open minded! So hit up the TS, talk to some players, talk to us ingames and get in on the fun!

#4 R2D2FTW

Rookie

• Clan Exemplar
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:43 AM

We even have Aussies (as you can see from Apostal above)! Doesn't matter how funny you talk or whether on not you like to throw shrimp on the barbie. Just as long as you like to have fun and destroy mechs.

#5 Max Immelmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

looking to join. been on TS a few times. is there a website to register on? thanx :-)

#6 R2D2FTW

Rookie

• Clan Exemplar
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

Lots of people on teamspeak after 7pm Eastern- just get on and try us out.

#7 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

Posted Image

#8 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

Simply a great group of players to drop with in CW.

#9 Antonius Rex

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:53 AM

Taking the fight to Falcon!

#10 Euphoric1RW

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

Greetings MercStars!! Happy New Years!

#11 ciller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 486 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostLbofun, on 31 December 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Got to say just played agenst you guys in a game of CW and I was not impressed.

Poor sportsmanship.

yeah lets rush the attackers spawn and shot them as they drop so the whole other team can not even play the game. witch is the best way to play MWO you know after waiting in Q for 20 mins.

You know I am not even mad we lost, you guys were organized I will give you that and know how to pilot your mechs with skill. I have no doubt that in a true fight you would have won hands down, but instead of making other people go "hey look there is a good team I want to see if I can join" all you did was piss people off. And we all know what happens to Pissed off people on the internet they tell other people.

Hell at this point I am kind of pissed enough that if I were to see one of you guys in non CW I might just leg you and leave you at spawn. Not saying that I will I know that is also poor sportsmanship and not how the game is ment to be played.

Calm down guy. We were so far ahead that we thought we should push out and kill you Kurita as fast as possible. That meant pushing to your ships and killing you as you dropped. If we weren't ahead by 10-20 mechs we would have sat back and let you push in.

I don't really see it as poor sportsmanship just because we stomped you hard. Just the way the matches turned out. Would you rather us not play to the best of our ability so you can feel better about yourself? I doubt it.

Everyone was polite and civil and we said good game. Heck if it were in person we would have shook hands. It sucks that you guys are losing so hard but Mercstar shouldn't be blamed for that. Don't blame us for the 20 minute queues either, not our fault.

Mercstar Alliance is a great place to drop with good people. If you are feeling down with your current losing faction, come join us, we go where the winners are!

#12 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:33 AM

MS is mostly NA TZ, right?

#13 John80sk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:39 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 03 January 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

Mostly yes. We've also got a number of Australians, and a few night shift workers/insomniacs.

#14 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 03 January 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

working on a Australian group

#15 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

I am looking forward to more Mercstar drops in but a few short minutes! Onward to good times and lots of victory!

#16 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:39 AM

I must say as a long time SLR pilot and -MS- Alliance player I have never seen teams come together so fluidly as we have sitnessed with Mercstar. The pilots from all 5 different units as well as our new recruits have meshed so well together that I can hardly beleive how easy this alliance has been. I enjoy dropping with different people over and over again. each night is a different adventure as out interacial groups provide different type of interactions each and every night. Yes we are playing a game but at the same time we are bonding as a large alliance. If you want to play and game, have a good time, and maybe learn a little bit to improve yourself in the meantime than -MS- is the place for you. come drop by our teamspeak hong out with us and see what we are all about.

-S-

#17 MercStar Recruiter

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

#18 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

Greetings from Comstar Irregulars.

#19 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

View PostXavier, on 05 January 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

I must say as a long time SLR pilot and -MS- Alliance player I have never seen teams come together so fluidly as we have witnessed with Mercstar. The pilots from all 5 different units as well as our new recruits have meshed so well together that I can hardly beleive how easy this alliance has been. I enjoy dropping with different people over and over again. each night is a different adventure as our many groups provide different type of interactions each and every night. Yes we are playing a game but at the same time we are bonding as a large alliance. If you want to play and game, have a good time, and maybe learn a little bit to improve yourself in the meantime than -MS- is the place for you. come drop by our teamspeak hang out with us and see what we are all about.

-S-

This

Something to keep in mind is that we like to run a respectful ship. If your wanting to join a successful group so you can trash talk, go elsewhere. Despite the building reputation to the contrary MS pilots prefer to stay sportsmanlike in our interactions, both in communications inside the unit, and when interacting with folks from other units. And we are a hell of a lot of fun to drop with.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 06 January 2015 - 10:43 PM.

#20 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:20 AM

Headline sharing achievements guys! Hard work paying off, or happenstance? Regardless, awesome!

https://soundcloud.c...erc-news-jan-07

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users