The Mercstar Alliance [-Ms-] - Recruiting New And Veteran Pilots For Cw Now!

221 replies to this topic

#161 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

You do know you need to put the gas in the tank not spray it all over the car, right?

#162 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:13 PM

I admire MS. Straight up they got their stuff together. I don't really apply for units because of my playing times and am therefore doomed to drop with some pretty bad pug teams. But if i did I'd join MS

#163 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:22 PM

Smoke Jag are indeed the space version of road warrior

#164 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:27 PM

View PostKrocodockle, on 10 March 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

I admire MS. Straight up they got their stuff together. I don't really apply for units because of my playing times and am therefore doomed to drop with some pretty bad pug teams. But if i did I'd join MS

Now i wont say that we have 12mans running 24/7 but we do have players from all over the world so chances are that you would find someone to drop with most of the time

#165 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:35 PM

I play mon tues morning/afternoon usually. Sometimes i mic up sometimes no because wife sleeps and we're in a studio. Considering all that i consider myself a casual player.. But a very good one

#166 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostKrocodockle, on 10 March 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

I play mon tues morning/afternoon usually. Sometimes i mic up sometimes no because wife sleeps and we're in a studio. Considering all that i consider myself a casual player.. But a very good one

In all seriousness I wouldn't let that stop you. Even if you can't talk, just listening on TS is acceptable as long as it's only 1 - 2 people per dropship. I do it now and again and we even have a couple of people who don't have mics.

During the times you mentioned (assuming you're east coast US) you'd catch mostly EU players. We may not always have a full 12-man running then, but there's almost always at least a 6+, which works pretty much as well.

"Poooosshhh, malakas! Why you no poooosshhh?!?"

Edited by Khereg, 11 March 2016 - 07:13 AM.

#167 LeeNTien

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 126 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:09 AM

Set the World on Fire

Posted Image

#168 quantaca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:26 PM

Beign part of the blue hand group hurts playtime but those IS mechs though ... would say its relaxing the way they play but its bordering on boring no need to twist and alpha for days without worying about heat (or maybe the clan pugs are even worse than the IS ones :s now thats a sobering thought)

Ps.
Not trying to be elitist (im not that good myself) but i just had the most boring 2+ hours of cw game play this year so thats the basis of this post

#169 Nexmortifer

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:58 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 16 December 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

Hey MS guys, someone suggested i ask you guys about this, have any of you figured out a clan counter to the IS tactic of "wait around the corner, rush when the clans get close, kill them in short range due to tankier mechs and better heat efficiency"?

you probably already have your answer, but I thought I'd mention it anyway, I've had quite a bit of success with a C-UAC\20 in one hand and 6X C-SPL other hand/torsos, high dps in a brawl, rattle from the C-UAC\20, and better than 2:1 damage:heat ratio.

#170 Monodominant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 113 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, Poland

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:30 PM

Howdy,

Are you guys IS or Clan right now? I have mostly IS mechs in my CW dropdeck (Banshees, Blackjacks, Quickdraws) and pretty much no clan mechs.
I have a mic and headphones but so far I have only been able to do CW late at night so generally cant really talk as the rest of the family is sleeping. Using overwolf I do type though. Would that make sense for a unit like yours?

Mostly EU late evening hours for my availability.

#171 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostMonodominant, on 22 March 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

Are you guys IS or Clan right now?

We just signed a 1 week contract with Smoke Jag, effective as of the end of EU ceasefire earlier today.

Not sure where we'll go after that, but with the reduced population in clan right now it's a lot easier to get fights from this side of the house.

Pretty much anyone is welcome to drop by our teamspeak and get into drops to see how they do. You can get the details at http://www.mercstar.net

Edited by Khereg, 22 March 2016 - 05:26 PM.

#172 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:26 PM

You could always come down here into FWL space and help us paint the IS purple. we don't ever need to worry about clan populations down here. just 4 IS factions to play against. It'll probably be the last time Marik gets to do anything before the April patch changes restrict us to a single attack land and 0 defensive lanes.

#173 LeeNTien

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 126 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:43 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 22 March 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

You could always come down here into FWL space and help us paint the IS purple. we don't ever need to worry about clan populations down here. just 4 IS factions to play against. It'll probably be the last time Marik gets to do anything before the April patch changes restrict us to a single attack land and 0 defensive lanes.

ok =]

#174 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:54 PM

View PostLeeNTien, on 30 March 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

ok =]

Woo!

Posted Image

#175 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:05 PM

Join us.

Learn from us.

Drop with us.

Conquer the map with us!

#176 Rishian

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

Hello guys and gals!

I was just wondering if someone would be able to msg me to answer a few questions my clan mates and I have (we are a small clan of 3 friends playing for fun).

Let me know! We have great teamwork and love doing our best each and every time.

Later!

#177 LeeNTien

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 126 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:57 PM

Hey there.

I would just visit the TS - ts.mercstaralliance.com - and, locate anybody with [-MS- Officer] tag,open a text chat with them and ask if they have a minute. Either text or talk, on your own or together with your friends =]

From personal experience (I was looking into the process of joining as a small group for a few friends of mine couple of month back) - if all 3 of you are active, play together, and also want to drop with a constant group of 8-12 (or may be create a stable scouting group of 4 to work together with a 12, if you are into it) - you can do just that with MS.

TS is free for all, and you can either synchronise your unit's contract with MS', or join MS-R as a trio.
In either case drop with MS constantly, pick a unit within MS to join (usually those guys you end up dropping with most of the time) and then progress to full MS membership.
Joining MS as a sub-unit could be more complicated though. You'd need some reputation and, probably, numbers.

Any level of immersion is welcome, from occasionally just for fun all the way to completive try-hard-no-lifers.
Really up to you what you want to do.

Edited by LeeNTien, 30 April 2016 - 01:08 PM.

#178 CANCERBERO

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationargentina

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:54 AM

ts is not working?

#179 Diddi Doedel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:45 AM

Yeah, somehow we have problems with the regular URL.

Try these instead:

67.23.26.161:8344 or sadpandas.failnoob.com:8344

Those work

#180 PR1VATEER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:05 PM

I wish to join up. My group is lame. Pm with details.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users