The Mercstar Alliance [-Ms-] - Recruiting New And Veteran Pilots For Cw Now!

221 replies to this topic

#201 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:10 PM

Just want to send a big thank you to merc star for some incredibly fun and intense matches the other night. We beat up on an 8 man you guys had going and you came back with a 12 man and split wins with GBKP/BNB. You got some great pilots on your crew and judging by your coordination very good officers. Looking forward to locking horns with MS in faction warefare again.

#202 Swagpanda89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 278 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location77th Black Wolves

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:18 AM

Thanks a lot Ragnar!

#203 Azerius Mezinar

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:07 PM

Hey, is Mercstar still active? I kinda left the game a long time ago due to constant lag and being largely unable to play because of that.

#204 Swagpanda89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 278 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location77th Black Wolves

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

Yes of course!

#205 Rugoshath

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:21 AM

Can I get an invite please? Callsign: Rugoshath. I mostly play EU hours though.

#206 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:07 AM

Join us for insanity!

https://www.twitch.t...vier/v/87679724

#207 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:48 AM

MERCSTAR CHEATING (self.mwo)
eingereicht vor 10 Monate * von BigBobF

hello PGI, Attn Russ Bullock. THIS INFORMATION is being distributed on REDDIT and a few other blogs to maximize the awareness of this action by -MS-.
Back in October 2014 till May 2015, I was running some CW games with -MS- (Merc Star), with Antonius Rex (TONY) and several other players. there was a big push by "Tony" to secure planets with the -MS- tags. This was always his primary goal.
Several and I mean 40+ games I was a participant in. Tony would call on others (if they had a laptop or other PC) to log in on their alternate accounts and pick our opponents faction we wanted the TAGS from (the defenders), clan Ghost Bear on this occasion, and we would line up as attackers on our main accounts, where the ALTS would line up as a defence drop (CGB). this also happened to Kurita Planets later and Steiner after that.
This became a somewhat common practice, I actually noticed other factions they set the Admirals up in, but took no notice. refer "ALTS" as "ADMIRALS".
NOW on ALL occasions, the admirals who were now on the opposite team in a CW match, would sit idle or AFK while the real player (i.e. -MS-) would play to win the match, decimate the opposition to score a segment, any accompanying player or Pugs who slipped in with the admirals in queue, would be ravaged in the process, creating a horrid environment for their gameplay and outcome, as the 3-4 legitimate players had no chance V's a 12 man -MS- Wolf team on teamspeak, when the remainder "admirals" were looking AFK the whole game. The -MS- players (sometimes SWOL, CWI sprinkling - but also on the -MS- teamspeak) would NOT even bother targetting the "Admiral" mechs as they knew these mechs (x 4 drops) were no threat.
Tony would ask the "admirals" to queue up to force a few pugs to join, maybe 8 admirals and 4 pugs. The "Call to Arms" tabs PGI implemented would force inexperienced players into the match if they clicked it. as 6-10 Admirals would be already in the defense queue and it would then initiate the "CTA" for a few more, by the time our match finished, many 12-24 plus, player groups, would already be queued up as defenders...
Hence the Admirals were used to force PuGs into the queue.
these players had a woeful game experience, many times only the 3-4 of them, active, would be complaining about how many AFKs they had on the team (sometimes over open ALL chat or -MS- admiral account holders reported via TeamSpeak that the team is whinging about AFKs), that MS was stomping them, MS spawn camping, so besides Dropship fire and a few active Pugs playing who had no chance of coordinating 4 men Vs 12, -MS- basically seal clubbed their way across the galaxy with sheer numbers.
Many many occasions, Lego pirate would log his 3rd account to check davion /kurita/Wolf/falcon/steiner queue numbers from thier side populations, only visable from the opposing faction, then report back to Tony how many admirals we needed to get games.
Hoping then that once games started, the Pugs would flow to the area under PGIs "call to arms" facility.
It was a disgusting display of poor sportsmanship, many times camping and systematically killing players who just dropped by dropships to be cored and killed by focus fire within 1-2 seconds. they would call "lunch truck or salmon truck" when the dropship was inbound, to alert people of their intention to kill dropped mechs immediately.
This happened on many planets up to Tukkayyid event, only 1 or twice during the Tukkayyid event, but resumed heavily after the Tukkayyid event for the "Wolf push". these "Admiral" accounts are still active NOW.
-MS- merc star has lied and cheated to get events won, by massive scores (Kills per death / Damage done / match scores), tags on planets and a staggering population to play for them, meaning they can turn a planet in North American peak times with sheer bodies alone, lining up SWOL, CWI (E X E C U T O R , Gyrock plus Aresye) being massive co-conspirators, hiring -MS- by paid contract and has a "ADMIRAL" account themselves.
-MS-, SWOL and CWI will never admit to holding "ADMIRALS" accounts. the Tukkayyid event was and will be a permanent tarnish on -MS- for their willingness for a cockpit item and MC prizes, to cheat the system.
A few ELITIST comp players have dragged many other players through this system to claim victory where none was really to be had, this has created a false illusion in the MWO CW community, of clan WOLF supremecy, that many do not know of.
BUT, JUST look at the inner sphere map, it speaks volumes of poor population balance.
Many other times, Groups of 12 -MS- players would sit idle in their TS /MWO lobbies, only to sych drop 4-5 x 12man on a planet before the attack phase ceased (last remaining 11 minutes) to simply kill off any opposition (by denying Pugs a chance to flock to defense) and grab the last few segments to "flip a planet", this is manipulating the system , knowing the enemy Pugs could not organise that many people/players within minutes, and play out the games (or turret drops) knowing they would turn a planet. Tony on a daily basis was counting though 3rd party websites how many planets MS Could/would churn.
PGI needs to address this problem, strip -MS- of any past & future titles, this dispicable effort can not be rewarded.
I personally have never created a ALT account to participate in this farce, I only witnessed it on a massive scale where I was helping -MS-, I played for Mercstar daily, who on occasion dropped with CWI & SWOL, but after seeing this for a while, I wanted no part of -MS- conquests, and dropped in normal games as a PUG, and Left -MS- to their conquests.
PGI could easily confirm this, as the amount of corresponding -MS- games V's Admiral accounts would be high, and the Admiral accounts will only have been touched to play CW briefly for many factions, with woeful or ZERO scores / damage.
These admiral accounts are never in a unit, but choose a faction to queue defense.
the admiral accounts, commonly had names like

REDACTED

https://www.reddit.c...cstar_cheating/
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
PLEASE EXPLAIN, what he means?

Edited by SHRedo, 09 September 2016 - 04:50 PM.

#208 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostSHRedo, on 05 September 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

a bunch of useless stuff

PLEASE EXPLAIN, what he means?

Almost a year ago someone (perhaps a former -MS- member) sought to embarrass the unit by creating a smurf account on Reddit and post the thread you cited. Note the account only ever had the one post.

BobF is a former -MS- member, but didn't post the above. He actually posted another thread on the same reddit disavowing any responsibility for the post you cited. You can see that thread here: https://www.reddit.c...rcstar_beating/

Whoever posted the thread you cited hasn't (to my knowledge) ever come forward with any substantiation of the allegations. The extent of the misbehavior described seems to be that -MS- supposedly played alt accounts in faction play (then called community warfare) to enable tagging planets by essentially playing themselves. Even if true, it's never been clear if this is actually a violation of the CoC or the ToS as alt accounts are specifically allowed and, at the time, there was no material benefit to having your unit tag on a planet (this all predated the MC reward system now in place).

So, I'm not even sure you could call this a molehill, much less a mountain.

Also, old news is very, very old.

Edited to add: I forgot to say, you should probably delete the usernames from the reddit post you copied, else you could run afoul of the name and shame prohibition here.

Edited by Khereg, 06 September 2016 - 10:42 AM.

#209 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:14 PM

View PostKhereg, on 06 September 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

Almost a year ago someone (perhaps a former -MS- member) sought to embarrass the unit by creating a smurf account on Reddit and post the thread you cited. Note the account only ever had the one post.

BobF is a former -MS- member, but didn't post the above. He actually posted another thread on the same reddit disavowing any responsibility for the post you cited. You can see that thread here: https://www.reddit.c...rcstar_beating/

Whoever posted the thread you cited hasn't (to my knowledge) ever come forward with any substantiation of the allegations. The extent of the misbehavior described seems to be that -MS- supposedly played alt accounts in faction play (then called community warfare) to enable tagging planets by essentially playing themselves. Even if true, it's never been clear if this is actually a violation of the CoC or the ToS as alt accounts are specifically allowed and, at the time, there was no material benefit to having your unit tag on a planet (this all predated the MC reward system now in place).

So, I'm not even sure you could call this a molehill, much less a mountain.

Also, old news is very, very old.

Edited to add: I forgot to say, you should probably delete the usernames from the reddit post you copied, else you could run afoul of the name and shame prohibition here.

thanx for the tip and thanx for your honest answer.But thinking about the "now you get mc for planet tag"
statement, i coud imagine now its even more attracting to exploit the **** out of FW.makes sense, isnt it?

Edited by SHRedo, 09 September 2016 - 05:17 PM.

#210 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:39 PM

Hey. how come the mods ban all kinds of suggestive accusatory language in other recruiting forums, but people are allowed to claim bald-faced lies and garbage about us here?

Nevermind-join MercStar! Join for some fun! Join for some insanity! Join for the people!

Edited by Commander A9, 10 September 2016 - 05:40 PM.

#211 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:59 PM

View PostSHRedo, on 09 September 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

thanx for the tip and thanx for your honest answer.But thinking about the "now you get mc for planet tag"
statement, i coud imagine now its even more attracting to exploit the **** out of FW.makes sense, isnt it?

Except -MS- is barely fielding anyone for FP any more. Many of the folks on that list don't even play MWO any longer. Some of us left -MS- to pursue other interests besides FP.

Also, every time a unit switches factions now, they lose any previously held tags (and associated MC income). -MS- continues to jump around pretty much every week. Clearly MC is not a driver for them.

Don't let your paranoia get the best of you.

Edited by Khereg, 10 September 2016 - 06:59 PM.

#212 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:07 AM

It's also a years-old accusation which turned out to be false.

And MS still plays. We've been fielding alot of people for this event at least.

#213 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:04 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 11 September 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

It's also a years-old accusation which turned out to be false.

Not to open old wounds, but the story quoted did in fact happen to one of the large "super units" of MWO. It just was not MS.

#214 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:03 AM

Hey -MS-,

was in a drop yesterday agains you and got a bit, well, outrageous for several reasons. Against the first rule 'do never write in a state of anger' I vented in the all chat.

that's not my usual way and I appologize for calling you malicious!

Hope you didn't take it too serious...

#215 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

MercStar is hungry for battle and C-Bills (mostly C-Bills...and maybe battle too)!

We have awesome pilots, expert leaders, daily drops, and people willing to help others learn and grow, across all timezones.

No training requirements, no time commitments, no competitive one-upping, just drops-drops-drops!

Join us! Learn with us! Win with us!

TS: ts.mercstar.net:8344
www.mercstar.enjin.com

Edited by Commander A9, 14 September 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#216 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:23 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 12 September 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

Not to open old wounds, but the story quoted did in fact happen to one of the large "super units" of MWO. It just was not MS.

Knowing the details of that particular incident, the unit in question was entirely public with what they were doing. They were showing how a particular CW event could be manipulated for gain and they proactively posted the outcome of their shenanigans here and on OutreachHPG to draw PGI's attention to it. Said shenanigans didn't affect anyone else's enjoyment of the game AFAIK. There wasn't anything nefarious about it, although IIRC PGI did disqualify them from the event as a result (which I don't think exactly crushed their hopes and dreams or anything). I don;t believe anyone involved received a ban, warning, or any other repercussions besides the event disqualification.

#217 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 September 2016 - 11:20 PM

Have always found it a pleasure to play with / against the MS crew. o7

#218 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:30 AM

View PostKhereg, on 10 September 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

Except -MS- is barely fielding anyone for FP any more. Many of the folks on that list don't even play MWO any longer. Some of us left -MS- to pursue other interests besides FP.

Also, every time a unit switches factions now, they lose any previously held tags (and associated MC income). -MS- continues to jump around pretty much every week. Clearly MC is not a driver for them.

Don't let your paranoia get the best of you.

no no, not paranoia since there is nothing i need to be affraid off.Its more a sadness about how some folks handle online gaming.

#219 LeeNTien

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 126 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:38 AM

Well, there always be people who just want to play and enjoy their games and not spend ages waiting in ques and therefore try and assemble full teams and generally get numbers behind them. Like MS. Or other big groups of players, who are only here for fun.
And there will be people who value winning against other teams above all else. KCOM were like this (not sure if they still play, though). Every serious MRBC team out there is like this as well.
And there will be people, who just want to troll and ruin everyone's games, may be even cheat. Bitter or confused people, trolls and such. Like those who make up stories and accuse everyone of everything, because they either have something against them, or it makes them feel better about themselves. Those, who don't care for the game at all, only care for ruining someone's day. This is internet, you'll always see these people here.

Edited by LeeNTien, 20 September 2016 - 08:46 AM.

#220 Acimal

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:51 AM

Hey there. Im MasterRaven and im looking for a unit to join. I am still learning about MWO on a casual level but I am i competitive player at heart. I am willing to learn to play any role on the battlefield and would like to try everything at some point anyway. I have teamspeak3 and discord running almost all the time. If interested id love to get team up and learn to be a better warrior.

Thanks in advance for the consideration. o7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users