#1 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

I'd say go with a Mark IV TC and then cram as many heatsinks in as you can.

Alternatively you can take a Mark II TC And cram in two more heat sinks.
Any other TC and you won't have any room for more DHS in comparison to tonnage.

Mark II TC

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...90c9dfa5ba524b0

Mark IV TC

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...00be0cddeefa4d8

Edited by AdultPuppetShow, 31 December 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#2 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

a Warhawk with 4 ER-PPCs is not really usable - you are better off if you replace at least 2 ER-PPCs with other Weapons - preferebly weapons with low heat generation - because 2 ER-PPCs alone are pretty hot.

keep in mind a single ER-PPC generates 15 heat and you can fire only 2 at the same time without ghostheat. Therefore if you have 4 you can only fire them all together but you generate so much heat that you will shutdown. Even if you fire them 2 by 2 your heat will be at the limit very quick.

Also don't forget - 4 PPCs do 60 damage yes - but only 40 is pinpoint (20 is splash and goes to other sections of the enemie mech) and you have to shot 2 volleys if you want to avoit ghostheat. So if you are thinking about a high alpha strikes - its not the weapon of choice - gauss is best for that (for clans)

Edited by MilesTeg1982, 31 December 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#3 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

I have a buddy who likes to run 3xERLL and 2xERPPC in his Warbarn.

It's still hot as hell but it will melt faces if you let it.

#4 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

Better trying a 2 ERPPC + Guass build, it will survive the heat curve much better and provide some better damage and pinpoint output.

#5 NeoxRave

Rookie

• Compie
  • Compie
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:47 PM

If you're going to do a quad-ER-PPC warhawk, do not bother with a targeting computer. The only advantage a targeting computer does for ER-PPCs is increase the projectile speed and critical chance. If you cram maximum DHS, you'll be able to fire 2 ER-PPCs at a time about 3 times, without overheating if you have efficiencies unlocked, before waiting for you mech to cool down enough to fire another 2, or switch to firing 1 at a time.

View PostMilesTeg1982, on 31 December 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

a Warhawk with 4 ER-PPCs is not really usable - you are better off if you replace at least 2 ER-PPCs with other Weapons - preferebly weapons with low heat generation - because 2 ER-PPCs alone are pretty hot.

It can be usable for mid to long range fights, however, it's terrible at brawling and attacking on community warfare matches. (In general, I'm not saying people can't brawl with it.) I wouldn't recommend it if you're not good at watching your own heat, however.
On a side note: Four ER-PPCs is fun to play with because you get to punch people from a long distance. :)

Edited by NeoxRave, 31 December 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#6 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostNeoxRave, on 31 December 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

On a side note: Four ER-PPCs is fun to play with because you get to punch people from a long distance. :)

true, but only against players who don't think about your heat and realize that everything they need to do to get you in serious trouble is close the gap. And regarding brawling - just forget it - with that low dps (considering that you have to wait between shots to avoid overheating) in an assault and taking the poor hit registration of PPCs into account - you'll lose against pretty much every other mech.

#7 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

For TC's, never more than TCmk1. The benefits from mk1 are pretty sizable but going up doesn't scale well. A 2 ton 2 slot TC is only a tiny bit better than a rank 1,dispite being twice the size and weight. A Cap and Mk1 is MUCH better than a Mk2 TC.

In the context of a 4erppc Warhawk (a flat out poor build at best) your damage output is massively curtailed by your ability to dissipate the horrendous heat generated by 4 ERPPC's.

If you want long range, go 2 ERPPC + Gauss. That way, you mix zero heat with high heat, and still have a very potent weapon when you are riding the heat cap.

#8 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:21 AM

View PostMilesTeg1982, on 31 December 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Also don't forget - 4 PPCs do 60 damage yes - but only 40 is pinpoint (20 is splash and goes to other sections of the enemie mech)

Been playing MWO for years and I never knew that!

View PostWintersdark, on 31 December 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

For TC's, never more than TCmk1. The benefits from mk1 are pretty sizable but going up doesn't scale well.

Completely agree with this, the advantages of the heavier TC's are really not worth the tonnage cost.

AS for the OP, not the 4 ER PPC WH really doesn't do well.

Unfortunately the game went through a bif of a pop tarting jump sniping meta a while ago, and as a result PPCs and ER PCC's were nerfed pretty hard, I think to the point where they are not that great even if they are not your main focus of weapons.

Definately having a PPC only build is pretty terrible.

...miss those days of the 6 PPC Stalker though.

#9 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:24 AM

I got a 4 ER PPC warhawk and loved it...

until I noticed that the Thunderbolt 9S has insane quirks for the ER PPC's.... and then you realized that a lance of warhawks is not on par with a single thunderbolt... and when you need 1 star of warhawks to just be competitive to 1 thunderbolt in ER PPC boating... the enemy could have more thunderbolts...

View PostBUDFORCE, on 02 January 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

Been playing MWO for years and I never knew that!

Completely agree with this, the advantages of the heavier TC's are really not worth the tonnage cost.

AS for the OP, not the 4 ER PPC WH really doesn't do well.

Unfortunately the game went through a bif of a pop tarting jump sniping meta a while ago, and as a result PPCs and ER PCC's were nerfed pretty hard, I think to the point where they are not that great even if they are not your main focus of weapons.

Definately having a PPC only build is pretty terrible.

...miss those days of the 6 PPC Stalker though.

it's only clan ER PPC's that do this, normal PPC's are just normal projecitle energy weapons.

#10 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:28 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 January 2015 - 04:24 AM, said:

it's only clan ER PPC's that do this, normal PPC's are just normal projecitle energy weapons.

Ahh ok, ty.

#11 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:08 AM

The TDR-9S can run 4 ERPPC's and alpha them without shutting down (though of course the 3 ERPPC and standard engine build is better). But yeah, the 4 ERPPC build today with ghost heat is still better than the old 4 PPC stalker, which is ridiculous because it was that Mech that gave us ghost heat.

#12 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 02 January 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

The TDR-9S can run 4 ERPPC's and alpha them without shutting down (though of course the 3 ERPPC and standard engine build is better). But yeah, the 4 ERPPC build today with ghost heat is still better than the old 4 PPC stalker, which is ridiculous because it was that Mech that gave us ghost heat.

well the TDR-9S no longer has the ER PPC quirks, it was switched to a large pulse quirk. So now It can't boat ER PPC's any better then a TDR-5S or a cataphract.

I do hope detailed quirks come for clans soon...

#13 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 January 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

well the TDR-9S no longer has the ER PPC quirks, it was switched to a large pulse quirk. So now It can't boat ER PPC's any better then a TDR-5S or a cataphract.

when? Not in the second quirk pass. I was just using my 9S today and it most certainly still had ERPPC quirks then.

#14 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 January 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

I think you're thinking of the TDR-9SE. The 9S is the ERPPC beast still.

#15 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 02 January 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

The 6 (SIX) PPC stalker was the one that was cited as part of the reason for ghost heat. (I might be weird, but I like Ghost heat right now. I would rather we didn't have it, but it works)

#16 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 02 January 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

The 6 (SIX) PPC stalker was the one that was cited as part of the reason for ghost heat. (I might be weird, but I like Ghost heat right now. I would rather we didn't have it, but it works)
Yes, but the 6PPC stalker was bad, and the province of trolls(you see them in Direstars today) and poor players who didn't know better. The 4PPC stalker was the dangerous one.

The 3 ERPPC Thunderbolt of today is far worse than both.

As to ghost heat, I'd far prefer low cap/high dissipation, or a more restrained application, but will concede that maybe having it is better than no ghost heat and no other changes... There were much more elegant solutions though.

#17 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:31 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 02 January 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

Yes, but the 6PPC stalker was bad, and the province of trolls(you see them in Direstars today) and poor players who didn't know better. The 4PPC stalker was the dangerous one. The 3 ERPPC Thunderbolt of today is far worse than both. As to ghost heat, I'd far prefer low cap/high dissipation, or a more restrained application, but will concede that maybe having it is better than no ghost heat and no other changes... There were much more elegant solutions though.

Yes, like heat penalties based on your progress up the threshold. I would be down for that.

#18 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 02 January 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

Yes, like heat penalties based on your progress up the threshold. I would be down for that.

[wishlisting]
* Max speed decreased after 70% heat. Logarithmic scale from 70-100% heat reducing max speed by 1-30%.
* Minor, increasing CoF after 70% heat. Logarithmic scale from 70-100% heat granting an increasing CoF from 1-7 degree CoF.
* Minor random damage to internal components after 90% heat.
[/wishlisting]

#19 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

The 4 ERPPC WHK is not really that good of a build. You only get 10 dmg for 15 heat. The PPCs are kinda slow, insanely hot and the most your going to get for heat efficiency is a 1.22, it will allow you to fire 6-8 single shots, or 2 double shots. Firing all 4 is out of the question, you will instantly shutdown and damage your core.

Packing in Targeting Computers and lowering the amount of heat sinks you can carry, idk what that will do, but the thought of firing even less is scary.

WHK is alot better off with Large Lasers, either regular or Pulse...If the CERPPC ever gets 15PPFLD then the 4PPC WHK might be a different story, but as is, its loss in sustained fire, heat and overall damage output isnt worth it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ok lol, so I just got out of a Pug game using my WHK Prime 4CERPPC build on HPG. I ended 434 dmg, 1 kill, 3 assists. HPG sucks lol....all dem invisible walls eating my shots....firing down and firing up from the center and into the center..dang. That map blows for PPCs. Not a terrible game, but still would love to see the CERPPC get some extra PPFLD lol. 434 seems kinda sad though.

And again lol, I gotta give testament to the surprising survivability of a Warhawk. Just as the game ended I was being hammered by a Dire Whale down below. Ofc, a second or so more I would have died, but I lived and go those Oh crap im gunna die medals, ive got them for 40, 30 and 20% hahaha.

WHK I cant say is a bad mech, I would just love to see some tweaks to the CERPPC to make the WHK an excellent mech lol. One worthy of the Masakari nickname.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 02 January 2015 - 11:39 PM.

#20 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:35 PM

Before the nerf 4xCERPPC WHK was very viable. I was shooting lights at full speed at 1km, killing heavies and assaults with ease and if yome lights sniffed me out, they didn't survive the circle of death. Every game 700+ damage, K/D well over 3, I was a king.

That was some time ago though, now PPCs are nerfed in their flight time and it can be difficult to hit well-piloting enemies. Don't go for it, take 2 CERPPCs if you wish but not more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users