#121 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

View PostBleary, on 20 January 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

In order to take real advantage of the AC's pinpoint damage, it's not enough to hit your target. You also have to be able to hit a specific location on the target. Otherwise your shot-to-shot damage is getting spread all over regardless of which autocannon you're using. If you or your target are moving at a fast lateral clip, reliably hitting one location is not a trivial thing. Even at 200m.

I have far more experience with the LB-20 than the IS LB-10, which isn't really the same kind of comparison. But I can say that I always suit up my LB brawler Crow for kill challenges, because it's damn near impossible to shoot a cored 'Mech without blowing off a location.
all good info, and I agree completely. However, this isn't a clan UAC vs. LBX thread - that's a much different discussion, and there's a strong argument in favour of the LBX being equal or even better, as Clan (u)AC's lose the major advantage IS AC10's have over the ISLBX10's: a 10 pt strike capable of oneshotting three separate components through armor at long range.

Clan UAC's at actually pretty bad, and only salvagable at all due to double tapping on the big ones.

#122 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:56 AM

I'll just leave this here:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f3cf7a572ed3835

75mph of rapid fire Shotgun. Lights beware!

#123 Treechomp

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:11 AM

View Postmad kat, on 21 January 2015 - 02:56 AM, said:

I'll just leave this here:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f3cf7a572ed3835

75mph of rapid fire Shotgun. Lights beware!

Hey! That's close to my build! Except I run 320 rather than 340.

As I really enjoy projectile builds I have all ballistic CN9 variants, so I went to check if AC/10 is better than LBX at this 300m range. Yes it is. By far. Assuming that your target is not moving. From my own experience AC/10 is a way better weapon when facing large slow targets while LBX is for hunting Lights and supporting your heavies. Sadly it is only use I could find for that fun weapon. You have to be fast so you can run after those light long enough for your shots to count, also low heat generation is good only if you aim for sustained DPS so not that important if you can't spit your ammo fast enough. This limits these weapon viability to only one mech right now, which is CN9-D. With module you can drop CD by 52% to 1,3s and that shreds those lights just right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users