68 replies to this topic

#1 Conreg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

With Rasalhague almost surrounded, and a steady erosion of planets across Steiner and Kurita space, this conversation is long overdue.

We need an Inner Sphere cease fire.

Imagine if Marik, Liao, and Davion troops were emphatic in a defense of clan border worlds. Enabling FRR, Steiner, and Kurita to focus entirely on attacking clan worlds.

There is no reason this cannot happen. Well... no good reason.

Notice the clans are not fighting each-other.

Why are we?

Mark me down as one who would love to see the IS combine and push back the clans to their rightful place.

[We could even have an agreement that one night a week we duke it out IS vs IS, just to keep things fresh and fun.]

#2 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:48 PM

Been fighting with my guys Clans exclusively from day one. So I'm all in on this, you can always have your stupid Succession War 4 later... with more episodes then Mexican soaps. :)

#3 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

I feel like the borders have been pushed too far for that to sit well for a lot of factions, or maybe that's just me. In principle I agree, but it feels more like the sort of conversation to have if cw borders reset. Not to mention if we did and started pushing the clanners back to their home there's every chance they'd hemorrhage players at a terrible rate and render clans toothless.

Really, the borders just feel too fluid in general for me. This pace of conquest means we could have factions stripped to the last planet within a month or two instead of years. Conquering a whole faction sounds very fun for the attackers, but the consequences on population would be terrible and long lasting imo.

Edited by Socop, 31 December 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#4 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

Keep in mind this is Beta CW and everything will likely reset, but you're right - if this game goes gold and the Clans are conquering at this pace, the game will be only clans within the year.

#5 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:57 PM

Great idea, but since we can only defend against the Clans (those of us in the southern IS) and whenever we do, nobody counter attacks them, I'll just be down here fighting my border wars, waiting for the Clans to come to me.

#6 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 31 December 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

Great idea, but since we can only defend against the Clans (those of us in the southern IS) and whenever we do, nobody counter attacks them, I'll just be down here fighting my border wars, waiting for the Clans to come to me.

Hate to say it.... But this. I can drop 20 matches defending and win 17 of them but if the faction I'm defending doesn't do snubbing with that I've just wasted 20 drops I could have spent expanding my factions borders.

Right now pugging the clan border can feel like an absolute waste of time.

#7 cRaZy8or5e

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

View PostTank, on 31 December 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

you can always have your stupid Succession War 4 later... with more episodes then Mexican soaps. :)

And it will go something like this ....

#8 Gift of the Magi

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 40 posts
  • LocationOrbital Party Platform

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

I have never been a big fan of the Clan, even my personal favorites (Hell's Horses, Snow Raven and Ghost Bear). The genetic elitists wanna try and conquer the Inner Sphere by picking on the newest and weakest member like a mass of schoolyard bullies? I say we unite and ram our collective iron fist down their throat until we can tear out their toenails from the inside.

#9 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:52 AM

Like every Davie said all the time: its all about coordination.
When the IS will work together Steiner, Kurita and FRR could attack and the other can defend.
Atm its pointless to attack because other IS Factions will take your undefended planets.

#10 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:11 AM

Hmm.. This gives me an idea.

#11 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 01 January 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

Hmm.. This gives me an idea.

Ah hell....it is almost as all this stuff is just unfolding as foretold......

Edited by Chagatay, 01 January 2015 - 07:16 AM.

#12 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostChagatay, on 01 January 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

Ah hell....it is almost as all this stuff is just unfolding as foretold......

Posted Image

#13 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostReitmeier, on 01 January 2015 - 06:52 AM, said:

Like every Davie said all the time: its all about coordination.
When the IS will work together Steiner, Kurita and FRR could attack and the other can defend.
Atm its pointless to attack because other IS Factions will take your undefended planets.

It's no different up north, CJF has done it to wolf, and so has GB..the jaggies have kept themselves to themselves thus far.

#14 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostGift of the Magi, on 31 December 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

I have never been a big fan of the Clan, even my personal favorites (Hell's Horses, Snow Raven and Ghost Bear). The genetic elitists wanna try and conquer the Inner Sphere by picking on the newest and weakest member like a mass of schoolyard bullies? I say we unite and ram our collective iron fist down their throat until we can tear out their toenails from the inside.

They didn't Pick the FRR. If you look at the galactic map they went directly from the Clan Home World's to Terra.

View PostJennerCrusher, on 31 December 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

Those warden Ghost Bear surats were somehow tearing us Wolves to shreds!

Actually at this point in the Timeline.... Wolves are Wardens ((probably the most Warden Clan around)) and the Ghost Bears are Crusaders ((moderate ones, but still crusaders)).

The more you know.....

#15 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

Interesting thread. Yesterday (12/31) the Warpigs were able to muster up an 8 man group despite the holiday and lack of players online. We ignored our Davion borders since nothing at all was going on and went up to the clan borders. We participated in at least 4 defensive drops against the clans, and on each drop we easily held them off.

Again we saw what we have seen in the past and that is a serious lack of participation from the IS faction being attacked by the clans. The biggest participation we saw yesterday was 4 random pugs from Kurita in one drop.

Granted it was a holiday and not many were online, but we have seen this before. WMC will often head to the clan borders to help slow the invasion, but so often we rarely see participation from the IS factions on the border. Why should Davion do all the work for you guys?

I will admit the money is good. In those 4 drops against the clans I netted over 2 million cbills. The money only goes so far though. After you have earned a few million the money isn't as important and you start wanting to do something that will mean more in the long run for the unit and the faction.

So after slowing the clan invasion for four drops we coordinated with other Davion units and took Tallin from Liao. That was a bunch of turret drops at first, 4 of them. But finally Liao got their stuff together and put up a good fight and a good fight it was. Had us worried for a bit there that taking the planet wasn't going to happen.

I have no issues with taking a unit up to the clan border to stem the flow of the clans. The money is good, and the battles are tough. However I do have a problem with the IS factions on the clan borders just just expecting a hand out while they sit on their collective butts and do nothing.

Posted Image

Edited by RjBass3, 01 January 2015 - 10:52 AM.

#16 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

Davion units were hitting our border with a sudden 36+ swarm in the last 1/2 hour before the ceasefire, we had to peel whatever organized players we had off of our clan front to prevent a last minute ghost cap.

#17 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

Reset or not, all of IS should rally what can, so at least the frontier factions can focus on hammering down (up on map in this case=) the invasion.

#18 Scorcher

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

You guys could always let Davion have whats left of the Inner Sphere. Once we have conquered you all we can defend against the clans as one unifed Inner Sphere!

Edited by Scorcher, 01 January 2015 - 07:42 PM.

#19 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

View PostRjBass3, on 01 January 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

Interesting thread. Yesterday (12/31) the Warpigs were able to muster up an 8 man group despite the holiday and lack of players online. We ignored our Davion borders since nothing at all was going on and went up to the clan borders. We participated in at least 4 defensive drops against the clans, and on each drop we easily held them off.

Again we saw what we have seen in the past and that is a serious lack of participation from the IS faction being attacked by the clans. The biggest participation we saw yesterday was 4 random pugs from Kurita in one drop.

Granted it was a holiday and not many were online, but we have seen this before. WMC will often head to the clan borders to help slow the invasion, but so often we rarely see participation from the IS factions on the border. Why should Davion do all the work for you guys?

I will admit the money is good. In those 4 drops against the clans I netted over 2 million cbills. The money only goes so far though. After you have earned a few million the money isn't as important and you start wanting to do something that will mean more in the long run for the unit and the faction.

So after slowing the clan invasion for four drops we coordinated with other Davion units and took Tallin from Liao. That was a bunch of turret drops at first, 4 of them. But finally Liao got their stuff together and put up a good fight and a good fight it was. Had us worried for a bit there that taking the planet wasn't going to happen.

I have no issues with taking a unit up to the clan border to stem the flow of the clans. The money is good, and the battles are tough. However I do have a problem with the IS factions on the clan borders just just expecting a hand out while they sit on their collective butts and do nothing.

Wow, this guy is complaining that we should be defending our planets from clan attack and not attacking clan planets in one breath and the very next breath he complains that we should not be defending our planets but attacking clan planets.

Then he goes on to say because he saw no FRR defending FRR worlds( Nevermind that the FRR units are all out attacking clan worlds) they will go ghostdrop against poor little ole Liao. That should show them Clammers who is boss hunh lol

Why do so many davions struggle to find some justification for not fighting clans but instead focus on mass zerging lower pop IS houses, or if they do attack a higher pop faction, they want that faction to be fighting clans or their Steiner allies as well.

I am also wondering why they constantly trash talk the FRR, the only faction they can not actually face in combat.

#20 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

Clanners have been fighting each other. There's been a noticeable shift in their borders.

That being said, I highly doubt that you'll obtain an IS-wide Ceasefire for the simple reason that this is a game played by people who want to have fun and not worry about Machiavellian politics. I can tell you right now that my own Unit, The Brethren Pirate Periphery Confederation, will be ignoring any such agreements. We attack whoever we want, when we want.

That being said, we have socked it to the Clans several times as well as to IS Factions. We don't discriminate based on whether you are a Clanner or not; everyone is at risk! :ph34r:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users