How Can Pgi Fix The Merc Issue With Clans?

287 replies to this topic

#1 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

So how do we fix this? I dont think letting IS have clan mechs is an answer either. Maybe force Mercs who take clan contracts are forced to take longer contracts. Right now it appears the merc units are going clan just to troll other clans.

Edited by RustyBolts, 05 January 2015 - 05:18 AM.

#2 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:28 PM

Honestly you are going to have to wait until they actually get the merc contract system in, and Probably something for lone wolves as well.

The current set up was made for such trolling since there is very little choice to begin with and any company can hide behind a banner.

#3 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostBartholomew bartholomew, on 31 December 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

Honestly you are going to have to wait until they actually get the merc contract system in, and Probably something for lone wolves as well.

The current set up was made for such trolling since there is very little choice to begin with and any company can hide behind a banner.

I agree and I hope we could come up with some ideas for PGI.

#4 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

Well, PGI's vision of CW is everyone fighting everyone, lore be damned. So Mercs are keeping things from getting too stale. I think it is a good thing, even though I am sure there will be Merc units trying to break the Marik/Liao ceasefire soon enough.

#5 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

An idea ive been messing with is on a conflicted planet thats being attacked in clans space. There should be both an attack and defend button. So then the group or groups that are for the ceasefire can help defend / co-defend.

Edited by LastKhan, 31 December 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#6 NAZGUULL

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSc

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

Any merc contracts for clan should only be long term or permenate. Say 3 months at the shortest.

#7 Orion the Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTraveller

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:11 PM

I posted this yesteray...
http://mwomercs.com/...ance-the-mercs/

#8 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

I would think that the issue is more of merc units with members that bought clan mechs and want to use them. So they take a short Clan contract. We have the same problem internally - we are IS only by role play and tradition in old MW4 leagues but half our guys dropped cash on Clan packages and are always asking the command staff if we can take a Clan contract for a short time.

Maybe if PGI eventually allows "crosstech" like maybe an IS pilot can use 1 "captured" clan mech in the drop deck of 4 would ease the internal issue for some of us Mercs.

#9 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:53 PM

isnt that what the regular que is for? you can play with all your mechs and dont have to wait forever in que like in CW.

#10 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:58 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 31 December 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

isnt that what the regular que is for? you can play with all your mechs and dont have to wait forever in que like in CW.
What he said.

No cross contamination, please.

#11 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

View PostLastKhan, on 31 December 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

fight wolf its an instant que

#12 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:26 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 01 January 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

fight wolf its an instant que

Heh, you silly little thing.

#13 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:32 AM

View PostLastKhan, on 01 January 2015 - 12:26 AM, said:

Heh, you silly little thing.

dude its been amazing no turret drops no waits and we figured out if you kill all 48 mechs you make from 7.9mill to 6.2 mill cbills for the team, we took a guess of about 500 mill cbills for mercstar per night we fight wolf

#14 Volkodav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:34 AM

View PostBartholomew bartholomew, on 31 December 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

........ get the merc contract system in, and Probably something for lone wolves as well.

Yes/

#15 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:41 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 01 January 2015 - 12:32 AM, said:

dude its been amazing no turret drops no waits and we figured out if you kill all 48 mechs you make from 7.9mill to 6.2 mill cbills for the team, we took a guess of about 500 mill cbills for mercstar per night we fight wolf

Thats nice that you dezgra like to continue to poke the wolves. I was directing my comment towards the IS only guys.

Edited by LastKhan, 01 January 2015 - 08:46 AM.

#16 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:24 AM

must... have... more... space monnies... :lol:

#17 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

My issue with how PGI has done CW is that they said it was for "Role Playing, Lore Based, unit actions" yet you have Mercs taking Clan contracts which is against lore. These Mercs then conduct war as a Contracted Clan unit against other Clans. This is causing open warfare between Clans during the invasion which is also against the Lore.

Edited by RustyBolts, 01 January 2015 - 07:19 AM.

#18 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:46 AM

Also have a dislike for how PGI treated Daggerstar and Merc Force factions. What is the point of either if we lose our non-big-faction identification? Seems to defeat the purpose of those sub-faction's existence, IMO.

CW is one big complicated issue on top of another, however. Everything from the basic attack/defend gameplay mechanic to the ability to undo a day's worth of work at the last minute, to units masquerading as other factions willy nilly at the expense of those who actually represent what they are. Cannot say I have much of an idea how to solve the latter issue, unfortunately, outside of some sort of "community ceasefire" system where a vote is taken by units representing a faction to ally themselves with another faction entirely, disabling the attack queue on a given faction or factions across an entire faction's unit base.

#19 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 01 January 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

Also have a dislike for how PGI treated Daggerstar and Merc Force factions. What is the point of either if we lose our non-big-faction identification? Seems to defeat the purpose of those sub-faction's existence, IMO.

CW is one big complicated issue on top of another, however. Everything from the basic attack/defend gameplay mechanic to the ability to undo a day's worth of work at the last minute, to units masquerading as other factions willy nilly at the expense of those who actually represent what they are. Cannot say I have much of an idea how to solve the latter issue, unfortunately, outside of some sort of "community ceasefire" system where a vote is taken by units representing a faction to ally themselves with another faction entirely, disabling the attack queue on a given faction or factions across an entire faction's unit base.

Well, now, if we had a player faction leadership feature..

Before you start telling me it will never work, well, there at least one F2P game where it works decently: Air Rivals. It is a quite cool fighter-based third-person shooter with RPG and MMORPG elements. A quite cool game, again. I used to play it for more than a year, then i was worn out by the excessive grinding (which you would expect in a korean F2P..). Its "CW" experience was very interesting: there are two factions in costant conflict, and daily events, not to mention big special events (things like destroying a capital ship..) make this war engaging and interesting. What is even more interesting, though, is that each faction has a player leadership and a voting system.

Basically, the players of each faction vote a candidate for each of three roles: President, Vice-President and a third one. They have gameplay abilities and usually had considerable power on player decisions too.

So what if our players could vote for a Khan of each Clan (it is not feasable to restrict the vote to Bloodnamed warriors sadly) and they would elect an IlKhan. They would be military leaders and judges of disputes between Clans. They might even have powers like calling for a" Trial of Absorption/Annihilation" vs an unit (maybe not a whole Clan), things like bonuses when you kill members of that unit (they could be marked for a while so they cannot just leave the unit..), with all due votes, checks and balances.

One can dream..

#20 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 01 January 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Well, now, if we had a player faction leadership feature..

Before you start telling me it will never work, well, there at least one F2P game where it works decently: Air Rivals. It is a quite cool fighter-based third-person shooter with RPG and MMORPG elements. A quite cool game, again. I used to play it for more than a year, then i was worn out by the excessive grinding (which you would expect in a korean F2P..). Its "CW" experience was very interesting: there are two factions in costant conflict, and daily events, not to mention big special events (things like destroying a capital ship..) make this war engaging and interesting. What is even more interesting, though, is that each faction has a player leadership and a voting system.

Basically, the players of each faction vote a candidate for each of three roles: President, Vice-President and a third one. They have gameplay abilities and usually had considerable power on player decisions too.

So what if our players could vote for a Khan of each Clan (it is not feasable to restrict the vote to Bloodnamed warriors sadly) and they would elect an IlKhan. They would be military leaders and judges of disputes between Clans. They might even have powers like calling for a" Trial of Absorption/Annihilation" vs an unit (maybe not a whole Clan), things like bonuses when you kill members of that unit (they could be marked for a while so they cannot just leave the unit..), with all due votes, checks and balances.

One can dream..

We can appoint a player council. Does not mean anyone needs to follow the command of said council. We need something that takes the choice away from people. IE: Locking out attacks against a given faction's holdings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users