14 replies to this topic

#1 Maerawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 114 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:55 AM

Every time i log in we have 2 planets with 60+ defenders on them, if you see that the planet has 60+ defenders on it, please attack a planet for the faction attacking Lyran space... this way we can force the attackers to defend or at the very least exchange planets, this way we can stop this stupid attrition...

So i plead with the Steiner pugs and house units, please start attacking world... and since the most recent aggression came from FRR, i say we start with them...

Also i say let the JF have their invasion corridor... let have some fun putting a hurting on our old enemy the purple chickens for while... i would hate to see solaris in the hands of Marik, so lets lay into the FRR and FWL for attacking us while our attention was elsewhere...

Edited by Maerawn, 01 January 2015 - 08:00 AM.

#2 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:00 AM

Yeah, good idea.Show those space vikings who's the boss!

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:00 AM

Incidentally, defending has higher chance of victory (especially if you are IS), and victory equals higher rewards and loyalty points. People are simply doing the most efficient way to farm in CW. One should not take his anger on the playerbase, but to the game devs, who had created such imbalance in the first place.

Edited by El Bandito, 01 January 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#4 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

Yeah, when I read the title, I was all like "FINALLY!" Then I read the content annnnnnnd...

Well...

We Steiners need to go on the offensive, all right. And trust me, I understand how fruitless and obnoxious attacking Clan-defended positions is, but...

If we go on an "Attack Marik!" (or insert your favorite IS house here), we'll be fighting over a narrow stip over by the left side of the Periphery, and probably even that not for long.

#5 thelostson

• PipPipPip
  • First Leutnant
  • First Leutnant
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

Attack CJF at every opportunity, now it's Malibu.

#6 thelostson

• PipPipPip
  • First Leutnant
  • First Leutnant
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 01 January 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

Incidentally, defending has higher chance of victory (especially if you are IS), and victory equals higher rewards and loyalty points. People are simply doing the most efficient way to farm in CW. One should not take his anger on the playerbase, but to the game devs, who had created such imbalance in the first place.

That is not really true as defenders have to counter-attack too. And I have won attacking games with pug teams, but it requires people to stop caring about their KD ratios (now most folks hide outside the gates with useless sniper builds).

#7 Maerawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 114 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:01 AM

We can attack anyone other then the Kuritas, Davion, and Wolves right now.. so i dont care who you attack... stop just defending and click on a planet that is blinking red in a enemy territory

#8 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

Steiner are a joke, good job our contract is up in a couple of hours :D

#9 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 01 January 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

I love BattleTech Lore... and for all PGI has been challenged to provide us, they got the Lore-balance between Inner Sphere and Clan spot on!

This isn't a fair and level playing filled. Initially the Clans had the advantage in Lore. And they do in MWO... In Spades.

Now if the second Inner Sphere quirk pass is timed to the Resistance Pack and makes those four new Mechs truly powerful verse Clanner Tech AND the pack after that is the COMSTAR Pack with a similarly quirked and powerful Black Knight, Mauler, Crab and Urby (sorry, I am fond of the little guy) THEN we'll see the tide begin to turn against the Clans.

Bring on your 40% Cooldown AC-20 King Crabs that the IS just might receive from this next Quirk Pass.

Bring on your heat efficient and range-extended Maulers.

LET THEIR BE A STEALTH URBY AROUND EVERY CORNER...

The Clans will then truly need to perfect thier tactics... superior Mechs will no longer be the crutch EVERY Clanner has come to mistake for our own skill (at least to one degree or another.)

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 01 January 2015 - 10:51 AM.

#10 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

You kinda have to go where the players are... If you go to a planet with 0 people attacking or defending it's going to be a bad time.

I continue to maintain that CW needs 2 queues: attack and defense. You go to a planet, click on it, and are put in a queue with everyone else attacking or defending for your faction. You drop together regardless of which planet you are fighting for and the wins and losses are applied to each planet that people signed up to defend or attack proportionately. That way you don't get abandoned planets, you have 2 queues instead of hundreds, and everyone gets to play more quickly since players are not spread all over the place dropping into and out of queues. It also means people can't just choose to avoid fighting faction X by not signing up for certain planets (just like you couldn't if you were a real soldier).

Edited by Void2258, 01 January 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#11 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:45 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I'm still partial to the idea of the clans having better mechs, but having to operate in two stars, while inner sphere operates in three lances.

#12 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 01 January 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm still partial to the idea of the clans having better mechs, but having to operate in two stars, while inner sphere operates in three lances.

Hands down, yours is the better idea.

But I sympathize with PGI's coding problems and having to pit 12 opponents against 12 other opponents. And I would rather the game progress than all the cost and time to tear down the code and change it. It appears a pervasive problem and could take 6 or more months.

I would hope that PGI could instead drop 10 v 12 with the Clans getting two Machine Gun turrets to round out the Clan Team. It would still be 12 "entities" just two would be completely stationary and only protect the (to a very, very small degree) the Clan Spawn Site.

Who knows, maybe PGI will just provide another series of monster-quirks for some of the poorest performing Inner Sphere Mechs..

Or maybe it'll be some very powerfully quirked Resistance Pack Mechs...

Or maybe the Pack after Resistance will be an Uber-strong COMSTAR Pack?

So many ways for our favored game to get even better!

#13 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

i was under the impression there would be more balance once we have our resistance packs. lore is great and all, but im not reading a novel im playing a game so balance, balance, balance.
im now under the impression im going to be very disappointed.

Edited by Misfir3, 01 January 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#14 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:23 PM

View Postthelostson, on 01 January 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

That is not really true as defenders have to counter-attack too. And I have won attacking games with pug teams, but it requires people to stop caring about their KD ratios (now most folks hide outside the gates with useless sniper builds).

Yep. Which is silly because Invasion mode doesn't even have a stats page yet.

#15 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:10 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 01 January 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Hands down, yours is the better idea.

But I sympathize with PGI's coding problems and having to pit 12 opponents against 12 other opponents. And I would rather the game progress than all the cost and time to tear down the code and change it. It appears a pervasive problem and could take 6 or more months.

I would hope that PGI could instead drop 10 v 12 with the Clans getting two Machine Gun turrets to round out the Clan Team. It would still be 12 "entities" just two would be completely stationary and only protect the (to a very, very small degree) the Clan Spawn Site.

This problem can be solved more easily by raising the queue to 15 Mechs on each side. Clans have a Trinary Star and IS has reinforced companies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users