• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

...and he favors the offensive!
Take a look at this: http://mwomercs.com/...72#entry4046472

The above link is a look at how CW currently operates. Essentially what it boils down to is that a smaller force (Liao) is more likely to capture a planet than to defend one.

The Defense:

On the defense a world that is attacked by a superior force will be at an extra disadvantage because the larger force waits until a match is ready to go or it will ghost drop.
Not only might the larger force ghost drop it will definitely be fighting on the offensive unless the defenders are numerically the same size AND most of the 15 territories are occupied by the attacker.
What I mean is, the attackers will most often have the sword symbol at the beginning of the match. This means that the defenders might win 4 out of 5 but only the loss counts because it counts against the defenders. The defenders will never be making up an attacking force until they have lost control of the planet at which point we are constantly outnumbered and being ghost dropped against.

The Offensive:

When attacking a fresh planet the attackers need only win. A loss changes nothing until they have something to defend. This defence occurs after territory has been won. The attacker (provided it has qued up first) will always attack.
If the attacker ques up after the defender than it is a 50/50 proposition as to whether they attack or not. There are fifteen territories. Fifteen territories with say 4 units attacking and 5 defending. The defence will only ghost drop against territories already lost or they will not ghost drop at all. I would postulate that the Capellan Confederation (Long live the Chancellor) should switch over to ONLY offensive operations against the Federation. On evenings we win a planet we will break even if we lose our other planet. On evenings were we fail to take a planet we will simply lose one as we have been for the last twenty days. Our energy will be focused on attack and will throw a wrench into the silly Federated Suns IS attack plan.
I feel we should as an Inner Sphere underdog be always on the offensive!

Liao thoughts?

#2 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

Liao thoughts? How about Davion thoughts?

"House Speed-Bump"

#3 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:43 PM

Offensive is sure OP. It's BETA CW, so no balance, FedRats turretkillers FTW. You can be a servitor, but even a servitor can kill OMEGA without defence. Typical Davion tactics.
Posted Image
PS Also, chancellor will not be pleased to hear your words of our great fatherland being underdog. As well as Maskirovka. We are Successor State, after all, better than born-to-die Rassalhague.

Edited by ShiroganeTakeru, 01 January 2015 - 09:46 PM.

#4 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

Sounds interesting.

#5 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:50 PM

Ah, I totally forgotten. Cuz it's BETA CW, we can do experiment and switch to offensive only.
But we need to inform our allies to make it massive enough.

Edited by ShiroganeTakeru, 01 January 2015 - 09:51 PM.

#6 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:34 AM

As there's allready a Stackpole fanboy in here, I think I just quote one of his creations: New Avalon in the new year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users