19 replies to this topic

#1 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:16 PM

Woo Hoo!!!!! Me and a bunch of PuGs just got beat by a 12-man of BWC... and...it...was...AWESOME........

Sarcasm? Nope. Not in the least. Just genuine appreciation of solid tactics that changed over the course of the match. Light rushes... a Hard left assault push with a sneaky light lance trail and break, heavy rush and finished off with a pack of ecm lights...

Just rock solid tactics and execution. Hot Damn its good to be back in a fight again! Thanks for the black eye, guys! It was a thing of beauty to watch.

#2 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

Absolutely. Missed TACTICS. Flexible, adjusting tactics match by match.

BOSSMODE ENGAGED

#3 SpL33n

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:10 AM

What better props could we ask for from our enemies? Had some damn hard matches against you Davion scoundrels, and looking froward to more in the future. o7 gents, shall see you on the field :)

#4 NEWater

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:19 AM

<3

#5 Calmontrix

Rookie

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

As a Drop Leader who loves to use Tactics myself, I salute you in return Donas. We appreciate your appreciation.

Remember our names the next time you are mislead, misdirected, or baited and switched on the battlefield by us.
It's all out of love just so you know.

And the Love of the Heat of Battle. A passion for the screaming sound of the computer warning us that we have taken critical damage.

See you on the Battlefield Donas. Fight and Die with Honor.

#6 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:51 PM

Wow, a positive thread!

#7 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:55 PM

I'm not going to lie, I missed this. Y'all are amazing on the field.

Think we can do it for another 8 days? lol

#8 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 02 January 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

Wow, a positive thread!

Yep. We like fighting Marik because they play well. We win some, we lose some, and neither side fills the forums with excuses when they lose. That last bit makes it much more enjoyable than some other factions.

View PostPodex, on 02 January 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

I'm not going to lie, I missed this. Y'all are amazing on the field.

Think we can do it for another 8 days? lol

Please, no.

#9 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

The davion marik border is a lot of fun. Also good fight earlier stillradioactive.

#10 TurboLag

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

Dear Davion and Marik Pilots

First I would like to take the time to thank you all for your support, this goes to both sides of the front.
Marik as a house you have been very fun to work with and have supported our movements as we have endeavored to hold the line for you. Davion it has been a great pleasure to play many games against your combined units and free pilots, you have given us excellent fights, which have required us to adjust fire and shift our tactics so that we can continue to preform as above stated.

It is moments where we get small remarks in a positive light that we remember why we are here as a unit. It reminds us of our core values of "Excellence in gaming." I hope you all have found your time playing with or against us in such a high standard.

For those of you that would like to be a part of that standard your welcome to join us at The.BWC.com

Turbolag

#11 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:01 PM

Turbo,

It's great to have you and the rest of the BWC on board, we're honored to have you and all the great merc units who've taken contract w/ House Marik.

#12 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:46 AM

When faction grouping is allowed, I'd definitely love to drop with BWC to learn more about your tactics and skills in battle.

#13 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:16 PM

Hats off to you guys, the blitz's on Sulphur is an absolute ***** to counter. We were happy to hold off two of them, I was happy to kill Dark Ally :P

Been fun.

#14 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:45 AM

View PostCaine2112, on 04 January 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

I'd definitely love to drop with BWC to learn more about your tactics and skills in battle.

So would I. lol. For serious. :)

One of the best ways to learn is to be taught by the one's that are shellacking you over and over. :D And as much as I am a competitor in a lot of things, and extremely difficult to beat in some of them (MWO is NOT one of them, btw), I understand and respect those who have achieved that level of badassery. Because it comes through exactly one thing. Hours and hours of beating on your craft. I love the learning process, and everything that comes with it, including the frustration of failing. (especially when I know WHY I failed... that means I can SEE it, I just havent put it all together to DO it yet... thats an exciting time) There are some groups out there that have been on the giving side of many of the boot-stompings I've received. BWC with Marik, and NS with Kurita. Both of those groups have been brutal (and in very similar ways). I'd honestly love to sit in with any group and hear what they have to say about tactics, organization, and implementation... regardless of faction. Just as I'm happy to sit and do the same for anyone thats asking. It just makes everyone better, and I refuse to disagree with a good idea based solely on the fact that it wasn't MY good idea.

cheers.

Edited by Donas, 05 January 2015 - 05:46 AM.

#15 Dark Ally

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 04 January 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

Hats off to you guys, the blitz's on Sulphur is an absolute ***** to counter. We were happy to hold off two of them, I was happy to kill Dark Ally :P

Been fun.

.....yeah, I noticed you killed me but I was not going to give you the satisfaction of acknowledging it, you are just mad about that time I legged your Jester. haha

#16 Incinerate

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:16 PM

Looks like some solid sportsmanship in this thread.

o7

Edited by Incinerate, 07 January 2015 - 10:17 PM.

#17 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:12 AM

Talking of sportsmanship, I have to apologise for the outburst last night. Defence against a Zerg rush of Lights whilst in a 12man can be exhilarating as everyone scrambles to knock them down as quickly as possible. However in a complete drop of solo players? Just plain frustrating, especially when you have sat for almost 15 minutes to find a bleeding game in the first place.

I doff my NeuroHelmet to your execution of the tactic but I can see it driving off a whole heap of players through utter frustration. Not the fault of the Units or the individual players but definitely something that the Community as a whole should think about policing voluntarily.

#18 BigZach

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:31 AM

I have to say, when when we defeated two light rushes against us in one match last night, it was quite exhilarating. Combat at that speed is a rush :-)

#19 Yuba Frank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

You never know what you're gonna see from us in the coming days. We've been playing around with different decks here and there. As new drop leaders step up and create their strategies and tactics around how people like to play the game vs what wins planets. I think that in the past two days I've played my heavies and assaults quite a bit. And we still win planets. It just takes a bit longer, which is fine. I love a good fight.

#20 Dark Ally

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

The state of CW right now is still developing so you need people to do what works to win if this game is suppose to be competitive. And if what works is not fun by the majority of the playerbase, nor what the devs intended, the devs should eventually make changes that shift it towards what the majority/they want(s).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users