25 replies to this topic

#1 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:40 PM

I would like to introduce [QQ] RageQuit Mercenary Corporation (known informally as QQ Mercs) as a 2nd time FRR contractee. If you have not heard of us before now, you will come to learn that we are a fierce fighting force with competitive and tactical prowess. Even if you are already familiar with us, what you may not know is how active and organized of a unit we are and how excited we are to be fighting with The FRR against the Clans. Our numbers exceed 120 mercenaries, with about half of our company capable of regularly active duty.

After salvaging some Clan ‘Mechs during our first contract with The FRR, we tested out our refurbished Clan ‘Mechs for a week under Clan Jade Falcon in order to minimize any conflicts of interest with the allies we have made within The FRR. Unfortunately, we did encounter some solo FRR MechWarriors who ended up as collateral damage in our CJF invasion into Steiner space. Clearly, they haven’t received the message to focus on FRR interests first and foremost!

As of January 1st, [QQ] Mercs is back with The FRR for at least 2 weeks and we have encouraged several other units to consider coming to The FRR because your House needs help in fighting back the Clans. In order to entice more merc units to consider contracting with The FRR, I proposed a plan to relocate previously FRR-contracted mercenary units to other parts of the Inner Sphere in order to get The FRR to open up their coffers for higher valued contracts. Now that has happened, you will notice that merc drop ships have been jumping into FRR space in droves as I had planned. We Mercs love a good fight, but we also love C-Bills. Now we have both… it doesn't get any better than this!

I realize that there have been a loss of planets to the Ghost Bear and Wolf clans due to this plan, but I assure you that [QQ] Mercs’ primary aim is to help reclaim these lost worlds and then some... a vision shared by my fellow merc units. I implore all of you to avoid the same mistake that the Steiners are making with Clan Jade Falcon by only taking a defensive stance. Focus instead on taking an aggressive stance and ATTACK the Ghost Bear and Wolf planets. Leave the defending of these worlds to the organized FRR House and mercenary units who have strong defensive tactics and coordination and more likely to have successful defenses and counter-attacks of FRR planets.

Some of you may say “Why should I heed the suggestions of a merc unit?”. This is a perfectly valid question. Please indulge me for a few more moments, while I explain our intentions.

Firstly, by no means does [QQ] Mercs intend to super-cede the authority of FRR Council Leaders. Our intention is to complement the coordination effort by bridging communications between the EU/NA/AUS merc units we are familiar with during our time here in the hopes that those lines of communications are well-established should we take temporary contracts elsewhere.

Unlike most merc units, what sets us apart is that you will find [QQ] Mercs is highly engaged in positive diplomacy and the efficient coordination of FRR attacks and defenses with other merc units and FRR loyalist units. Our experience during our first FRR contract was that there were a lot of smaller and mid-sized units that were not necessarily coordinating the right efforts with each other. This started to slowly change after the first week of losing planets to Clan Ghost Bear. During that time, we have built up diplomatic relations with several House units and loyalists and are committed to expanding our rapport with even more units and solo MechWarriors roaming space in search of Clanners to defeat.

We at [QQ] Mercs desire to make an impact on The FRR conflict against the Clans and so we are opening up all lines of communication with any interested FRR units and mercenary unit sub-contractors. Should you find yourself riding alongside a group of [QQ] Mercs, feel free to join our TeamSpeak server at TS.QQMERCS.COM (no password required). Feel free to send your diplomatic emissaries to communicate with us via TeamSpeak or they can PM me via MWO Forums. Alternatively, you can also post within the [QQ] Mercs Diplomacy Forum.

We look forward to fighting alongside our brave FRR brethren and taking back what is rightfully The FRR's territories!

Edited by Karpundir, 02 January 2015 - 01:38 AM.

#2 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

Oh, and we have cookies.

#3 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:55 AM

The Phoenix Legion considers you as allies in the war against the Clans. We share your vision and are glad to have you fighting with us again on these tough battlefields. Success can only come from coordination!
We will keep close ties with you and help prepare the counterattacks whereever possible.

Good to have you back and fighting alongside us again, QQ Mercs.

o7

P.S.: ... COOKIES! :D

Edited by Warchild Corsair, 02 January 2015 - 12:56 AM.

#4 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:34 AM

We keep only the best chocolate chip cookies for our comrades! Straight from Canada, I bring you...

Posted Image

Edited by Karpundir, 02 January 2015 - 01:37 AM.

#5 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:59 AM

View PostKarpundir, on 02 January 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

We keep only the best chocolate chip cookies for our comrades! Straight from Canada, I bring you...

Posted Image

Damn I love those. But you just can´t get em in germany.

#6 sandworm16

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:10 AM

Excellent job defending Bruben QQ! My hats off to you for turning the tide there.

#7 Ulfgar Snorrison

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStanding stoically at the longship's prow.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

Umm. While some may find your politician speak sweet like sugar, to me it seems more slippery like snot. As I read it, your warriors have slayed our shieldbrothers, your 'plan' have enslaved our worlds and NOW you wish to be paid what little resources we have left so you will call us ally and friend this week. I am an old greybearded mechwarrior and perhaps my wits are not so sharp as my seax, but this seems not a fitting or good deal to me. This matter is in the hands of my leaders and if the gods will it I will fight by your side to kill clanners and defend my home. But don't expect me to fill your horn with mead.

#8 Midian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostKarpundir, on 02 January 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

Posted Image

Could you maybe send us over some Poutine? Love that stuff :-)

View PostMidian, on 02 January 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

Could you maybe send us over some Poutine? Love that stuff :-)

Oh and don't forget the Tim Bits :-)

#9 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:12 AM

o7 [QQ]
we are looking forward to cooperate with you

#10 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostUlfgar Snorrison, on 02 January 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

Umm. While some may find your politician speak sweet like sugar, to me it seems more slippery like snot. As I read it, your warriors have slayed our shieldbrothers, your 'plan' have enslaved our worlds and NOW you wish to be paid what little resources we have left so you will call us ally and friend this week. I am an old greybearded mechwarrior and perhaps my wits are not so sharp as my seax, but this seems not a fitting or good deal to me. This matter is in the hands of my leaders and if the gods will it I will fight by your side to kill clanners and defend my home. But don't expect me to fill your horn with mead.

I understand why you would feel this way. We are but a merc corp, although we feel much sympathy for The FRR and their plight against the Clan Invasion. We do not fear fighting the Clans and it saddens me when IS fight IS because some feel it is a fair fight, when in fact, there are ways to beat the Clan Mechs with IS technology.

I am a man of strategy as much as I am of diplomacy and I assure you that QQ Mercs' interests are well-aligned with The FRR goal of gaining planets back. The reason why this 1 week period of pain needed to be endured was to bring more help to The FRR, rather than the paltry showing of N.A. merc units in the first 2 weeks of this conflict when we were losing planets anyway. Now we have the appropriate resources to push back at the Clans and we are going to help The FRR accomplish this.

Edited by Karpundir, 02 January 2015 - 12:05 PM.

#11 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

View PostUlfgar Snorrison, on 02 January 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

We didn't have enough friends with guns at first, so we left to get more friends with guns. Now we're back. And we brought more friends with guns.

#12 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 02 January 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

We didn't have enough friends with guns at first, so we left to get more friends with guns. Now we're back. And we brought more friends with guns.
Big guns, to be specific. Very big.

#13 SuperAtomicAirplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

Glad to have you guys back. We can use all the help we can get!

#14 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

BTW not only did the QQ Mercs rejoin us, but the House of Lords joined us. However on the other hand, our win rewards got much lower for whatever reason: 100,000 C-bills, 130 LP.

#15 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:21 AM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 02 January 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

In proper Nordic tradition just like the Tale of billy goat gruffs and the Troll.

#16 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:51 AM

View Postluxebo, on 02 January 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

BTW not only did the QQ Mercs rejoin us, but the House of Lords joined us. However on the other hand, our win rewards got much lower for whatever reason: 100,000 C-bills, 130 LP.
Probably due to contract length. I'm getting 150,000 CB (and 160 LP I think).

#17 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

I am pleased to announce that QQ Mercs has returned to The FRR for another week of glorious battle! We entered the fray a bit late in the evening to stave off MS who was ghost dropping at Suk II from Steiner space

We are here to fight hard and you will likely see us dropping a fair amount this weekend. We will send delegates to the FRR TS. Should you find yourself in a drop with a large group of us, we welcome you to drop into our dedicated TS server at ts.qqmercs.com.

With 3 attack windows, I believe we can gain some significant ground against the Clans. I believe Antares Scorpions have also landed in The FRR recently. Another great fighting force to ally with. Perhaps SoR will consider a return to The FRR and break their Liao contract or at least support the defense of the Clan front.

#18 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:50 PM

Welcome back Karp!

....unfortunately the SoR won't be dropping with you guys this week (at least on attacks, we can still defend some!) as we've decided to pick up a Liao contract - we've got more Clan salvage than we know what to do with, but we need to make repairs for our IS mechs! So we've come to stomp on some Davions for a little while. Kick some clanner butt for us!

#19 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

You are very welcome reinforcements! Hold off the Mercs invading us from the Steiner side, we can barely stop them ourselves since Ms is fighting during NA hours...

#20 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:34 PM

Damon, if you can muster the forces down south to be able to deal with Davion AND support defense on the Clan front, that would be great. Maybe you can use some of your diplomacy skills to try and get more of the IS units to stop the infighting and fight the real threat: The Ghost Bear Menace!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users