Mist Lynx Guide (Video)

5 replies to this topic

#1 Silra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCold North

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:11 AM

While I did put up the Adder guide just recently and would have personally done something else next... all of you awesome people asking for help with your Lynxes prompted this, so this is for you!

Hopefully it helps out making your Lynxes work!

#2 Bespoke Cheese Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThem Interwebs, often in K-Town

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:19 PM

Thought you made some good points here, however I have found ecm sniper build to be the most consistent for doing decent damage. I run two sniper builds with ecm.
The first is basically a stock C with less AMS ammo and more armor. My other one is the ER PPC and ECM build.

These builds suit me and I can still brawl with the near stock C, but the advantage with the sniper builds is they keep the low armored, low speed and outgunned MLX out of harms way.

By playing this way you avoid getting your arms blown off all the time. You have a point with enemy Lights trying to flush you out, but a good position along with situational awareness will mitigate this problem.

Having said all that I have to concede that the KitFox can fill the same role and do it much better.

Edited by Bespoke Cheese Cake, 30 January 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#3 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:21 PM

View PostBespoke Cheese Cake, on 30 January 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

Thought you made some good points here, however I have found ecm sniper build to be the most consistent for doing decent damage.

The single ERPPC or ERLL you can run in a Lynx simply isn't enough damage compared to doing the same in a Kit Fox. If you don't plan to ever break away from the group even somewhat, then the speed of a Lynx is of no use and you're better off running a Kit Fox.

Good poking Lights that aren't focused or forced down should be able to rack 400-800 every game. A Mist Lynx simply doesn't do that consistently.

Edited by Krivvan, 30 January 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#4 Bespoke Cheese Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThem Interwebs, often in K-Town

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostKrivvan, on 30 January 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

The single ERPPC or ERLL you can run in a Lynx simply isn't enough damage compared to doing the same in a Kit Fox. If you don't plan to ever break away from the group even somewhat, then the speed of a Lynx is of no use and you're better off running a Kit Fox.

Good poking Lights that aren't focused or forced down should be able to rack 400-800 every game. A Mist Lynx simply doesn't do that consistently.

You read the rest of what I said right?

#5 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

View PostBespoke Cheese Cake, on 30 January 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

You read the rest of what I said right?

Didn't see the last line there before. I was mainly wanting to mention that the issue was the lack of damage the Lynx can put out.

#6 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:30 AM

Cool, going to do a video on the spider? Those are my favorite lights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users