To All Liao Units

26 replies to this topic

#1 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

Do not attack Davion planets or defend ours. There is no point with massaging their egos over things that do not matter. If you want to do CW , help Kurita fight the clans. I personally am tired of all this well it is in the lore crap that keeps on spewing out if the mouths of the Davions. This is a game, go have fun, and let them ghost drop to their little hearts content. See if there is actually fun in that. CW currently has nothing to do with skill as we can see first hand, when they actually make it about the skill of players rather than purely a numbers game then it might be interesting.

Edited by Grynos, 03 January 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#2 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:32 PM

Sure why not. Since actually obtaining more planets is about the equivalent of KDR, it wouldn't bother me even if clans owned the whole map. We don't lose anything by it. Infact, we gain from it because of all the c-bill bonuses we'll be getting.
The map will likely get reset after "beta" due to all the numerous changes that hopefully will be coming along.

#3 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

We can only hope changes will occur.

#4 SecondReversal

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTerra, North American Continent

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

The defeatist, seditious nature of this thread - and indeed a significant portion of the contents of this entire sub-forum, is an embarrassment to the Chancellor, the warriors of the CCAF, and the proud citizens of the entire Capellan Confederation.

It is little wonder that the Sword and Sun flies high above so many Capellan worlds when our own soldiery would rather lay down and die than take the fight to the enemy. Death and dishonour to all traitors to the Chancellor and the Capellan ideal, the Maskirovka will surely deal with you.

#5 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

The OP has a point since there is no consequence to losses and victories as PGI has not made the strategic warfare game that is to layer on top of the battle simulator that we are now playing. Instead, all we have is a very complex factional leader board.

IMHO this game's true success will only come with the successful creation of a robust and flexible warfare simulator that takes into account the risk/reward of war in MW as those of us who played campaigns on TT did.

If this logistical aspect of CW is a flop, this game will limp along for an unknown period of time, a stunted and twisted creature from what it SHOULD have been

I don't see a purpose of cutting off our nose to spite our face by opting out anymore, but I do get it as I was this angry when I realized the exploits in the system, but now know that PGI is going to rapidly fix a lot of this. So I wait.

#6 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:31 PM

You should be shot.

Obviously a Davion propagandist.

DISMISSED.

#7 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

That says it all.

#8 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostZvolimir the Blackhand, on 03 January 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

You should be shot.

Obviously a Davion propagandist.

DISMISSED.

Ok Mr. I should be shot. Where are your swarms of Gatekeepers at? Have they had any sway in the past week? All these players you have yet at prime time before ceasefire very few to be found. Can you explain why? Why don't the gatekeepers have any planets with names on them??? When you can let me know because then Liao might have a chance, until then worry about your own unit.

#9 Vas79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 826 posts
  • LocationSt Ives, Capitol Apocalypse Lancer Compact

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:36 PM

We plugged away for a few hours at Velhas tonight, only to lose it to Aces in the last hour. Necromo was ghost dropped we saw attackers and no defenders. At no time in the queue did we see overwhelming numbers of Davion players tonight. What we did see was Aces run two light waves and then a heavy wave twice on us on Velhas.

The Davion teams can be beat, we just need to get the units to put the people into the queue.

#10 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:39 PM

I know the Davions can be beat. That is not the issue, other than a few Davion units the rest are like playing against pugs.

#11 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

So let me get this straight,

You have the full weight of Marik tying up Davion at the moment, and you think that THIS is the best time to go **** off with the Clans?

The mind of the average Cappellian leaves me dumbfounded.

#12 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:52 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 03 January 2015 - 10:51 PM, said:

So let me get this straight,

You have the full weight of Marik tying up Davion at the moment, and you think that THIS is the best time to go **** off with the Clans?

The mind of the average Cappellian leaves me dumbfounded.

To be fair Liao has been getting kicked in the teeth non stop every single day from day one. They're also stuck in a crappy spot on the map. As I discussed on another thread Liao is in a uniquely bad position (2 fronts, one of which is pretty much certain to be closed) that leaves them facing the biggest single faction in the game as their only avenue.

End of the day I think Liao and possibly CSJ (who's in a similar situation) need a unique solution. Everyone else has 4+ fronts. They can have 2 allies and have 2 or 3 viable places to fight. That draws in folks. Perhaps the ability to actually attack on the Clanner front and keep the worlds they take? Some way for Liao to create a new front for themselves; that would be a huge draw for a lot of merc groups.

I realize all the lore-tears this would create but there needs to be some sort of unique solution for Liao. They are in a unique map position. Bigger rewards can only go so far.

#13 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:02 AM

I totally get that,
just seemed odd that at the moment when Mark and Kurita are also focused on Davion, and they have a better chance to gain some territory back, someone proposes " Hey guys, **** it, let's go fight the Clans"

#14 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:53 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 04 January 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

I totally get that,
just seemed odd that at the moment when Mark and Kurita are also focused on Davion, and they have a better chance to gain some territory back, someone proposes " Hey guys, **** it, let's go fight the Clans"

And that guy is a Davion named Mischief.

#15 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:56 AM

I proposed it before the Mariks came back. We're actually taking a bit of a drubbing right now. May not be a bad time to take a shot at us.

I still say though that Liao needs... some other unique option. A general increase in merc pay isn't enough. They need the ability to open new fronts. 1 viable front isn't going to support any faction in CW. Not long term. Especially not when that front is one of the biggest faction in the game. While Liao has decent odds right now with Marik and Kurita pointing hard at Davion they are effectively stuck with having to rely on other factions 100%, all the time.

Nobody is going to be happy with that for the next couple of years. There needs to be a means for Liao (and CSJ) to open new fronts.

#16 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:30 AM

I believe this should be closed and ejected. its just a person looking to Troll.

#17 PadreGrimm

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:42 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 January 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

I proposed it before the Mariks came back. We're actually taking a bit of a drubbing right now. May not be a bad time to take a shot at us.

I still say though that Liao needs... some other unique option. A general increase in merc pay isn't enough. They need the ability to open new fronts. 1 viable front isn't going to support any faction in CW. Not long term. Especially not when that front is one of the biggest faction in the game. While Liao has decent odds right now with Marik and Kurita pointing hard at Davion they are effectively stuck with having to rely on other factions 100%, all the time.

Nobody is going to be happy with that for the next couple of years. There needs to be a means for Liao (and CSJ) to open new fronts.

Lord help me, but the Dav Rat is right. Win after win and still getting a black eye with a planet loss due to a vastly smaller faction really stings and a boost in LP/CBills isn't enough of an incentive for mercs to sign on. There needs to be something to make it worth choosing or at least more competitive.

#18 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:04 AM

View PostPadreGrimm, on 04 January 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

Lord help me, but the Dav Rat is right. Win after win and still getting a black eye with a planet loss due to a vastly smaller faction really stings and a boost in LP/CBills isn't enough of an incentive for mercs to sign on. There needs to be something to make it worth choosing or at least more competitive.

The LP/CBills increase was basically PGI's "quick fix " due to them going on holiday vacation. They probably thought that would help, and it did for about three days there was an increase of players at prime time before ceasefire for three days. After the holidays finished up and people got the gift bags they needed from CW it died down again. The seven day contracts expired and Merc units went elsewhere. For the bonuses in LP and Cbills to mean anything to draw mercs and others to join Liao it has to be a substantial amount. Like 200% to 300% increase and I doubt that PGI will go that high. I really want to see what happens over the next week or two, because if PGI does nothing about the current situation , it will progressively drive further people away from CW.

#19 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:21 AM

If mercs reall are mercs, they would be incentivized by higher LP and Cbills. Why would it matter if they're fighting the biggest faction? Each battle would bring individual rewards and losing a planet (as a merc) at this moment has no consequences.

By the way, I believe you can drop as a Liao unit against clans in CW. I've done it solo, but with my unit we drop only against Davions.

#20 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 January 2015 - 11:52 PM, said:

I realize all the lore-tears this would create but there needs to be some sort of unique solution for Liao. They are in a unique map position. Bigger rewards can only go so far.

The Lore has already been shattered with the lack of a Federated Commonwealth.

If people wouldn't scream bloody murder, I'd suggest opening up the Taurian and Canopean fronts - except let the Nova Cats and Steel Vipers 'ally' with one of them each.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users