#41 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

View Postcranect, on 04 January 2015 - 10:19 PM, said:

Kjudoon its the Kool-aid man and the candy cane. Those are their names not Mr Smiley face. Silly Kjudoon making names for my mechs...
Hey! I called it the Kool Aid Man before you did! You called it Mr. Smiley Face. Did they give you a brainectomy or something ya goof?? And yes, bring that Candy Cane and I will bring SKIMBLESHANKS, Caesus Lux and Crutches. Haven't named my Vindicators yet really.

#42 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:31 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 January 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

We'll see how Wazan works out. Not sure if there's a larger population shift or just a temporary one but we really didn't even show up today; had some great fights. We lost one that involved the last 5 mechs hiding and sneaking in a rush to kill Omega.... while a bunch of the Davion units largely dicked around and made minimal effort to stop them. It was painful for us but absolutely well deserved win for the Mariks - a sneaky, cunning strategy that paid off in the end and deserves to be rewarded.

It was, ironically, the hallmark of the day for me. Marik was on their A-game, we barely showed and it cost us several worlds. Our first lost world to Liao since the early days of CW among them.

Hopefully the brutal drubbing we got gets everyone up and moving for tomorrow. Wazan is back on the list and it's got a reputation to keep. I look forward to seeing (and killing) you all there.

Repeatedly and with great malice of forethought.

OMG what a heart thumper! We last 5 were under my Spider's ECM and yeah on the spur of the moment, we cut across and below everyone's sensors and made a break for the back of the cannon destroying the last 2 back turrets in the process. I was doing everything I could to stay in the air and shoot the cannon. And down to two last mechs, one of which was stripped of weapons, I managed to get that last shot before getting melted by half a dozen of you guys, LOL. My heart was racing like crazy. Even had to remind myself to breathe after it was over.

Awesome match guys, all around!

#43 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

Just one of these
Posted Image

Before this

Posted Image

Begins

TO WAZAN!

#44 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:43 AM

View PostCaine2112, on 04 January 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

OMG what a heart thumper! We last 5 were under my Spider's ECM and yeah on the spur of the moment, we cut across and below everyone's sensors and made a break for the back of the cannon destroying the last 2 back turrets in the process. I was doing everything I could to stay in the air and shoot the cannon. And down to two last mechs, one of which was stripped of weapons, I managed to get that last shot before getting melted by half a dozen of you guys, LOL. My heart was racing like crazy. Even had to remind myself to breathe after it was over.

Awesome match guys, all around!

Very frustrating not having a larger group of my guys in that match. I went to scout your spawn in my SDR, confirmed that all 5 of you were inside the base, then told my guys to chill by Omega because you were all there somewhere.

Meanwhile, the 7 that weren't on comms with us just went... well... who the hell knows where.

#45 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:37 AM

I was spectating at that point and watched one guy take a few shots at one of you, wander around a bit, shoot at one of you... I'm not kidding. Mostly undamaged, not like he was even avoiding death. Maybe he was lost?

At the end of the day though you guys earned that one. Deserved to win it - we need come-from-behind victories like that as a reminder for why you don't just go 'aww.... **** it, we're boned, Imma go walk into a hail of bullets' at the end. You clawed that victory out by the skin of your teeth and it was well deserved.

It summed today up for me in a lot of ways - Marik wanted it more, overall. That's all it came down to. More of you showed up and you played harder, so you won. That deserves to win.

#46 R3APR

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:52 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 January 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

We'll see how Wazan works out. Not sure if there's a larger population shift or just a temporary one but we really didn't even show up today; had some great fights. We lost one that involved the last 5 mechs hiding and sneaking in a rush to kill Omega.... while a bunch of the Davion units largely dicked around and made minimal effort to stop them. It was painful for us but absolutely well deserved win for the Mariks - a sneaky, cunning strategy that paid off in the end and deserves to be rewarded.

It was, ironically, the hallmark of the day for me. Marik was on their A-game, we barely showed and it cost us several worlds. Our first lost world to Liao since the early days of CW among them.

Hopefully the brutal drubbing we got gets everyone up and moving for tomorrow. Wazan is back on the list and it's got a reputation to keep. I look forward to seeing (and killing) you all there.

Repeatedly and with great malice of forethought.

That was a fun fight. We decided to make a right hand turn early because we suspected that you guys were expecting us to come up the ramp. The idea of several hundred tons of mechs staring at us as we crested wasn't a fun thought. So, yeah, we hooked right. Was very spur of the moment LOL

#47 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:23 AM

Damnit, my PC just had to be out of action for Wazan opening up again, didn't it?

Luck, Marik. Be brutal.

Edited by Arnold J Rimmer, 05 January 2015 - 03:23 AM.

#48 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

You didn't miss much. Davion lost on every front - took nothing, lost 2 worlds. We got flat out crushed and rolled on Wazan. It wasn't about population; Marik flat out out-played us. They ran to win every single match and at least the ones I pugged in we really didn't. Had people wanting to camp Omega while defending Sulfur or play to attrition when attacking Boreal and half the team was in trial mechs. We got curb stomped this round and lacked the focus and the guts that turned Wazan into a bloodbath the fist time around.

Solid hand played Marik. You cleaned up. Let's see if we come back packin' tomorrow.

#49 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

There's a tomorrow?!

Ugh.

#50 Zoji Rushi

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

I was there and now I will return - WAZAN!

#51 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

Now forward to Tsinghai! Maybe we can turn that into a bloodbath now....

#52 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:02 PM

Monday: Take Wazan, keep Campertown. Check....
Tuesday: Turn Tsinghai into a bloodbath... Check.

#53 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

YOU CANT CHECK IT OFF UNTIL ITS HAPPENED!!!! Win or lose as long as there is a bloodbath :)

#54 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

it's in pencil...

#55 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 January 2015 - 08:21 PM, said:

You didn't miss much. Davion lost on every front - took nothing, lost 2 worlds. We got flat out crushed and rolled on Wazan. It wasn't about population; Marik flat out out-played us. They ran to win every single match and at least the ones I pugged in we really didn't. Had people wanting to camp Omega while defending Sulfur or play to attrition when attacking Boreal and half the team was in trial mechs. We got curb stomped this round and lacked the focus and the guts that turned Wazan into a bloodbath the fist time around.

Solid hand played Marik. You cleaned up. Let's see if we come back packin' tomorrow.

Still great drops and well fought by all tonight. We may have won, but it wasn't easy by any means.

#56 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:08 PM

I haven't won a match since they did the 3 generators 2 weeks ago. I still haven't even SEEN one! The map marker's there but I see nothing. So I'm obviously not helping win much of anything.

Edited by Kjudoon, 05 January 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#57 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:10 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 05 January 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

I haven't won a match since they did the 3 generators 2 weeks ago. I still haven't even SEEN one! The map marker's there but I see nothing. So I'm obviously not helping win much of anything.

Some of them are hard to see. I still can't figure out where the Generator behind Omega is on Sulfer. I know where it should be but I can never find it. All the more reason to put these maps on training grounds and/or as practice maps.

#58 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

That should have been done day one.

#59 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:19 PM

Next time you're on defense, take screen shots and post them for ease of reference.

Until then, on Sulfurous Rift, the generator behind the cannon, (if you face the rear of the cannon and stand behind the 2 turrets sitting on the concrete wall), is on your left tucked into the machinery/refinery asset. It looks exactly the same as every other generator, but it's a little raised on the asset, and neatly tucked in.

As for Generator 1 on Boreal, it's hidden behind a niche wall and a hangar in front of the cannon.

Edited by Caine2112, 05 January 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#60 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:29 PM

********************** NEWSFLASH *******************

Davion and Marik "warriors" stop appreciating each others bourbon and start fighting the Clans. Wow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users