#61 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:42 PM

View PostJman88, on 05 January 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

********************** NEWSFLASH *******************

Davion and Marik "warriors" stop appreciating each others bourbon and start fighting the Clans. Wow.

Not helping your cause.

#62 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:45 PM

Davion and Marik "warriors" stop appreciating each others bourbon and start fighting the Clans. Wow.

We have fun fighting each other. Most the folk on the Clan border are not as fun, cool or as good a sports. Dav/Mar fights are tough, challenging and almost universally come down to 1 win either way. It's not about ghost wins or stacking drops in the last 5 minutes or spawn camping. We respect each other and go into the game wanting everyone to have fun, win or lose. Both teams are almost always good sports, almost every single game.

Playing on the Clanner border - all cheese, 100% of the time. Ghost drops are the preference whenever possible. mocking is standard, goodsportsmanship rare, why win when you can throw the match but farm damage for more cbills/XP? The list of things that make the 'Clan border' less fun to play than the Dav/Mar border is long.

We've all played the Clan border. Played it tons, pugging or in units. Meh. Glad you've got some high-end units helping turn the tide against the Clans - when they get bored and move on please do your best to have absorbed the skillset they have employed and continue to apply it.

We might settle things out and roll to the Clan border and fight fights that have no real impact or benefit for us that we can't get better of on our own borders, plus names on planets and flipping worlds.

Currently though CW is more fun than ever. I look forward to changes that keep it from being all about the 11th hour push.

#63 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

I find your views intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

#64 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

The other problem is a lot of Kuritans and FRR worlds have flooded defense queues by their own respective units. I've tried to pug or group drop several times only to be met with 10+ minute timers counting UP. Then you get the 10 minute timer counting DOWN.

And then like posted above, you get the Clan cheese mechs. You think the Thunderbolt 9S is bad? SCRs and TBRs with 5+ Streak SRM6s spamming the crap out of everything, along with endless ER LL and ML vomit, ALL the time. It's just the same tired crap all the time. No variety, no real tactics. Just spam spam spam.

Lastly, the few matches I've gotten queuing for Defense, I end up always Counter-Attacking. About a dozen matches later, and I STILL have yet to end up on an actual Defend match. And to make matters worse, trying to herd a motley crew of pugs to do a reasonably coordinated effort is nigh unlikely at the best of times. Too many folks just refuse to listen, and have that public solo queue mentality and try to 1-man-army the clans.

If my unit wants to 12-man the clans, I'd definitely be up for it. But until then, I'm done solo pugging the clan front queue.

#65 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:48 AM

Again, DAV/MRK showing that it's the best border in CW. I've never had this much fun losing a planet in CW.

#66 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

Well, we aren't in a position to pillage the Clans for hard liquor. Besides, it probably tastes like swill anyways.

And I'm sorry to say that your Space Viking Mead doesn't compare to Old Kentucky Bourbon.

#67 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:02 AM

Yeah, FWL/FS games are almost always nail biters. It only takes one mess up to lose the match, but that makes it fun. You start to learn each other's tactics so everyone is constantly changing. There is no long range stalemate, just adrenaline packed excitement. I know I'm not the only one who had to take a break after a close one because I was shaking so bad. Yes, these games are that good.

#68 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

Fighting the Clanners is never as challenging nor as mutually enjoyable. FWL are great sports and we treat each other with respect and play the game to have fun. That's not the Clan border, at all. There it's either the Clans talking trash when playing 12man vs pugs or it's them being passive/aggressive about totally OP IS mechs, because they seem to think that not being at a huge disadvantage against the Clans is like cheating.

The Clan border just makes me depressed about the game and the people who play it. FWL border makes me happy to play, win or lose. Really that simple. Better people and better players make better games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users