32 replies to this topic

#1 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:06 AM

Any one else been face rolled by the IS group Carrion Crows lately? Guys are apparently freaken huge and un pugging the pugariffic Inner Sphere. They're strong, 200 members strong, Deadly, and actually teach their team mates how to use the IS mechs and their perks to the best potential.. They also are a relaxed group so they don't drive off any potential members.

Why am I bringing this up? Cause they are currently dropping against Clan Jag and from what i've seen, ALWAYS in 12 man teams. They're like a non offensive LORD but with more variety in tactics than "just death ball" They're tough, beatable yes, but tough, and if you are solo dropping or dropping in less than an 8 man you're gonna have a bad time.

We can't afford to have Smoke Jag pug it up any more if we want to keep planets. This threat is to big, to coordinated and two skilled to take lightly.

If you are in a group, let your team know about them, If you are not in a group.. hey.. is Team Speak and some new friends really a bad thing?

Any how, has any one else had much luck with them? We need to find a good solid counter for the group.

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 04 January 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

What seems like a veiled recruiting thread....

You have an odd way of writing up a "warning" if that's not actually a veiled recruiting thread Seph.

That being said, they are a decent bunch from my playing against them in the past, and highly recommend shooting them as much as possible to stem their assaults.

Posted Image

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 04 January 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#3 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:55 AM

ouch

#4 bedevere42

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationDropship, in transit to new front.

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

Sounds like a problem to be solved with judicious application of firepower :P

#5 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

View Postbedevere42, on 04 January 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

Sounds like a problem to be solved with judicious application of firepower :P

Posted Image

#6 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:46 AM

For every problem, Scarface has an answer..

#7 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:45 PM

Carrion Crows dish out some good battles. So yeah you gotta do a lot of spot on shooting when you come up against them and you definitely can't get away with sloppy play. I know a few of them from other BT forums and they are good guys.

#8 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 04 January 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

You have an odd way of writing up a "warning" if that's not actually a veiled recruiting thread Seph.

Except I never said anything of what you Quoted. Where the hell do you get off altering what I said?

The reason I brought up all the things about Them is to highlight these guys ARE a threat and worse, they are likeable which means they will only be able to get more members easily, More members means they can simply out drop us and wear away planets.

If you had not been bothering to change what I said pointlessly to make it seem like I was trying to pull for this.. you might of seen that.

Edited by Seph MacLeod, 04 January 2015 - 05:53 PM.

#9 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

Oh by the way.. about editing posts.

I like to look at Animal Penor

I can do that too

Edited by Seph MacLeod, 04 January 2015 - 05:53 PM.

#10 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostDagger6T6, on 04 January 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Carrion Crows dish out some good battles. So yeah you gotta do a lot of spot on shooting when you come up against them and you definitely can't get away with sloppy play. I know a few of them from other BT forums and they are good guys.

I'm thinking we should start making Team speak jumping a thing, If we see we are dropping with another team that has a Team Speak, the team with the lesser amount of pilots should move into the greaters channel, Default tactics over to the larger of the two (or three) and roll from there..

#11 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

Clearly you lack a sense of humor Seph. I was poking fun at your apparent fawning over the Carrion Crows. It's all in good fun man, lighten up.

And focus fire (see screenshot).

#12 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

Yeah OP, you did seem to sell them pretty hard. Great tactics, great builds, great sportsmanship, I bet they even donate time for the elderly and at animal shelters. :P

#13 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:07 PM

View PostDavers, on 04 January 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

Yeah OP, you did seem to sell them pretty hard. Great tactics, great builds, great sportsmanship, I bet they even donate time for the elderly and at animal shelters. :P

HE gets it :)

#14 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 04 January 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

Clearly you lack a sense of humor Seph. I was poking fun at your apparent fawning over the Carrion Crows. It's all in good fun man, lighten up.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware an accurate telling of group size, tactics and their ability to get others on their side was 'fawning'.

Thank you for turning the entire threat into a joke by the way with your "Light hearted and good natured" comment. Now poeple are going to look at this, roll their eyes and move on. While we have LORD "GG close"ing people and pissing them off.. driving them away from Clans and MWO in general. We have people who pose as much of a threat as them who are not ********.

One of the rules of warfair, If the local or majority pop (Pugs) likes them and not you, You're gonna have a bad time.

#15 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 04 January 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

Any one else been face rolled by the IS group Carrion Crows lately? Guys are apparently freaken huge and un pugging the pugariffic Inner Sphere. They're strong, 200 members strong, Deadly, and actually teach their team mates how to use the IS mechs and their perks to the best potential.. They also are a relaxed group so they don't drive off any potential members.

Why am I bringing this up? Cause they are currently dropping against Clan Jag and from what i've seen, ALWAYS in 12 man teams. They're like a non offensive LORD but with more variety in tactics than "just death ball" They're tough, beatable yes, but tough, and if you are solo dropping or dropping in less than an 8 man you're gonna have a bad time.

Seph if you don't get why people (and I'm clearly not the only one around here) that took a poke at your OP for the reasons I did, that's on you. Yes, you wrote it like a closet recruiter. How else do you know how relaxed they are, how they teach people to maximize their mechs etc....you sound like a former member or a closet recruiter.

TBH, we have had zero problem fighting the Carrion Crows thus far and while I'm not making light of them or any organized unit for that matter, I do find it funny you put them on a pedestal like you did. I'd be more worried about PL attacking in force against us, than MRDR at this point.

As for Pugs....we get along famously with our unaffiliated CSJ brethren (minus you perhaps). I find it a little funny you are equating PUGdom to insurgency, but no worries. It's a video game, so we'll figure out how to fight back or gain their hearts and minds per ADP 3-0, FM 3-24 and all of the rest :P

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 04 January 2015 - 07:44 PM.

#16 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:46 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 04 January 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware an accurate telling of group size, tactics and their ability to get others on their side was 'fawning'.

Thank you for turning the entire threat into a joke by the way with your "Light hearted and good natured" comment. Now poeple are going to look at this, roll their eyes and move on. While we have LORD "GG close"ing people and pissing them off.. driving them away from Clans and MWO in general. We have people who pose as much of a threat as them who are not ********.

One of the rules of warfair, If the local or majority pop (Pugs) likes them and not you, You're gonna have a bad time.

To be fair, people don't read the CSJ forum much. You guys don't get into **** waving contests like the Bears and the Wolves do, so it is a bit of a dry read. You need some more fun threads. :)

#17 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

View PostDavers, on 04 January 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

To be fair, people don't read the CSJ forum much. You guys don't get into **** waving contests like the Bears and the Wolves do, so it is a bit of a dry read. You need some more fun threads. :)

How dare you *&^%% say that you say that you #@$@#% @#$@#$ $%$% talking all that @!#$@#% #$%#$% in here!

lmao that up the Jerry Springer level a little bit? :lol:

#18 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 04 January 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

Seph if you don't get why people (and I'm clearly not the only one around here) that took a poke at your OP for the reasons I did, that's on you. Yes, you wrote it like a closet recruiter. How else do you know how relaxed they are, how they teach people to maximize their mechs etc....you sound like a former member or a closet recruiter.

Its called getting a deep and complete knowledge of your enemy. You do the same thing when you go into a country for combat You learn their culture, what makes them tick, what tactics and training they use.. Equipment, Size of force.. everything so you know exactly what they can throw at you without surprise. It was not uncommon for some troops to read over the Koran to various degrees to get inside the mindset of the opponent in Iraq and Afghan.

I don't half ass my Intel on a group because of habits I picked up on a life you've probably already guessed on.

As for your insinuation I meant pugs are like Insurgents.. No.. think of them more like Conscripts.. even the poorly equip and poorly trained Russia was able to hold off and smash the German advance through pure body count, and if they have more former Pugs willing to stick it out and drop with them..that makes it worse for us. It was like what someone said with tactics to use against Lord and the main CJF, .. drop on the planets with a body count so high they'll be forced to lose drops just because they can not handle the man power of meeting each one.

#19 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

Seph, your angst and righteous anger is pretty misplaced right now.

If you want to talk intel, first of all, you're focused on the WAY WRONG FRR units to be sweating. There are teams in FRR that provide a larger body count (aka PL, SoR) and fantastic skill level (QQ, CI, Lord, others who transit in and out of FRR) and have dangerous competitive level gaming experience in MWO.

As for your lifetime of habits...anytime you want to swing by my Squadron at Ft Bragg, NC and share notes, I'm all ears mate, but you are playing a video game here. Yes there are some similarities between this tactical shooter, CW and modern counter-insurgency operations but ultimately it's a video game and you're not even looking at the Taliban or Haqqani network here, you're looking at some new pups on the scene skill wise.

In the meantime, eth-hab ila betek habibi, and I'll see you on the field sometime.

#20 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:08 PM

That being said, they are a decent bunch from my playing against them in the past, and highly recommend shooting them as much as possible to stem their assaults.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users