Northern Is Houses: Stop It!

53 replies to this topic

#1 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:02 AM

I buried this in another thread, but I feel it deserves its own.

/PSA On.

There is a fundamental problem that those on the Clan border just don't seem to understand. It's something a lot of us in the south have been saying, but the message isn't being relayed, translated, or even put in a memo.

STOP DEFENDING!

Those of us in Marik, Liao and Davion cannot attack, we can only choose to defend planets, and when you jam your queues with defenders from your own houses, we are literally unable to get a match to help out because we're stuck in the ghost queue.

For reasons that are completely my own, I will not aid Steiner or FRR, that leaves me Kurita, and I cannot help you when you're throwing your weight at defending yourselves and locking up your queue. Stop it. Attack. Push North. You may find more assistance than you seem to think is willing to come help, not because we suddenly had a change of heart, but because suddenly there is space for us to help.

If you're attacking and find that your defend queues are empty, then defend, otherwise you should always be attacking.

/PSA Off

#2 Cpt Jason McCarthy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationSomewhere ...

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

If only Davion could stop attacking us, our groups could attack the clans instead of try to take back our planets.

#3 FatManBlue

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

IMO Davion is more an enemy to the rest of the IS factions then the clans are. Davion has been making itself FAT at the expense of all the other IS factions.

#4 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostFatManBlue, on 04 January 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

IMO Davion is more an enemy to the rest of the IS factions then the clans are. Davion has been making itself FAT at the expense of all the other IS factions.

Feel free to attack Davion at any point then.

#5 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:42 AM

As a Davion player, quit saying Davion is a threat more than the Clans. At least as far as the main organized units, the only real active assaults have been on LIAO. On the Kurita boarder, we only have attacked in response to Kurita attacks. On Steiner, there are NO ACTIVE ASSAULTS by agreement with Steiner from Davion Joint Command. Marik has also only been attacks when attacked. I know my unit has stopped defending Kurita worlds, because every time we go up and help them on the Clan border, they attack a world on our border. Now the major units cant do anything about the various PUGs, and some of the Merc units have been doing their own thing, but over all, our concentration has been Liao and assisting in Clan defense, in Steiner space, when we have been able to make sure our borders are secure.

#6 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

A lot of us haven't fought on the Drac border in a while - however every time we go help up north it sparks an uptick on attacks on the Dav border, so we don't. There may well be some units that focus on the Dav/Kur border however.

The heavy lifting lately has been the Dav/Mar border though for two hours last night when that cooled we went to farm on the Clan border but it was all 20 attackers and 50 defenders - so our 12man went to the group queue.

If you are attacking they have to pull people to defend. Defending your own borders up north just keeps the rest of us from being able to help.

#7 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:21 AM

All organized units from HK are attack only vs clans. PUGs and small units are jamming up the queue.

We can't really blame them though. They want to play CW too and their only chance is to queue where the most like minded pugs are.

Please keep trying to defend our borders. Organized house groups still give us our best chance and the wait isn't longer then 10 mins even with all the players in front.

#8 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

Weird timing for this topic considering that the FRR picked up 2 planets last night and I know the Lyrans picked up at least one.

#9 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

View Posttucsonspeed6, on 04 January 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

Weird timing for this topic considering that the FRR picked up 2 planets last night and I know the Lyrans picked up at least one.

First time for everything :P

Like I said, I buried this deep in another thread, replying to one of the usual "WHY U NO HELP?" posts, and thought it deserved repeating.

#10 Liam Avery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Steiner Space. Fighting the Clans.

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

I believe it's a firm stance within the AFFS that we will not stop our expansion until we see that hostile forces have laid off of our borders. All I see on the forums is "Davion this, Davion that" and most of it is always about our aggression. This aggression stems from the fact that we would rather have our borders secured so that we can help focus on defending the rest of IS space... and yet, the moment we pull troops off a border - the opposing faction begins hitting it.

I keep saying that we need a Star League formed to hold off the clan invasion, and the sooner it happens, the better... yet my Houses command won't see to it until we absolutely no our borders are secured.

You want the full force of the Federated Suns helping? Lay off our border. Get in contact with the AFFS Strategic Command. Once the clans are back to their pre-invasion borders we can go back to our petty squabbling.

#11 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

There is no point telling people to go on the attack... Pugs and other IS houses drop into the defense queues even more then the house units/pugs... if a house unit has a 12man it's either 2 games of turret rushes to even get defense to retaliate to the planet or if you're like some unit's or groups who want to actually just play this game against people and not the 2nd most elite unit cadre of turrets, they'll drop into the defense queue to retake territory and get a game.

Until they make an incentive for attacking over borders, most people and small groups will play defense queue's for games, until larger unit's push out the 12man's and get some competition going across the border. But also remember pugs have the best chance of fighting pugs in defense of planets as 12man pug stompers (or any organised premade) are over the border.

#12 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 04 January 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

I buried this in another thread, but I feel it deserves its own.

/PSA On.

There is a fundamental problem that those on the Clan border just don't seem to understand. It's something a lot of us in the south have been saying, but the message isn't being relayed, translated, or even put in a memo.

STOP DEFENDING!

Those of us in Marik, Liao and Davion cannot attack, we can only choose to defend planets, and when you jam your queues with defenders from your own houses, we are literally unable to get a match to help out because we're stuck in the ghost queue.

For reasons that are completely my own, I will not aid Steiner or FRR, that leaves me Kurita, and I cannot help you when you're throwing your weight at defending yourselves and locking up your queue. Stop it. Attack. Push North. You may find more assistance than you seem to think is willing to come help, not because we suddenly had a change of heart, but because suddenly there is space for us to help.

If you're attacking and find that your defend queues are empty, then defend, otherwise you should always be attacking.

/PSA Off

I'll attack Nestor.... wait 1 attacker.... :(

#13 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:58 PM

The OP is tragically misinformed on he current state of the Clan border, and current merc deployment on both sides.

But this is what happens when all you do is play d-list battles along the Marik/Dav border.

#14 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:10 PM

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 04 January 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

There is no point telling people to go on the attack... Pugs and other IS houses drop into the defense queues even more then the house units/pugs... if a house unit has a 12man it's either 2 games of turret rushes to even get defense to retaliate to the planet or if you're like some unit's or groups who want to actually just play this game against people and not the 2nd most elite unit cadre of turrets, they'll drop into the defense queue to retake territory and get a game.

Until they make an incentive for attacking over borders, most people and small groups will play defense queue's for games, until larger unit's push out the 12man's and get some competition going across the border. But also remember pugs have the best chance of fighting pugs in defense of planets as 12man pug stompers (or any organised premade) are over the border.

This is so wrong. there is no reason to defend planets from clans and all the reasons in the world to attack clan planets if you are Steiner,FRR or Kurita. Even pugs from these factions should be on attacking clan held worlds, you will get the same odds of a hold or counter attack mission, you will have a far greater chance of fighting clan pugs as well.

Players who already believe they are defeated before they even queue, tend to queue up on defending worlds.

#15 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

View PostIcebergdx, on 04 January 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

Marik has also only been attacks when attacked.

Wait wut?????

Did CW history start for you guys after you captured the entire Zion province and Marik started whole scale defense and liberation operations in an attempt to retake all of what you stole in a blatant war of aggression because it was 'common knowledge' Maricks were bad teams and worse pugs? Now you play the aggrieved victim card? Fine. Return what you have stolen and Marik will go back to beating Steiner like a set of bongos since we are barred by algorythm of choosing where to attack.

Attacked only because you were attacked first... lolz... you're funneh.

#16 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 04 January 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

Wait wut?????

Did CW history start for you guys after you captured the entire Zion province and Marik started whole scale defense and liberation operations in an attempt to retake all of what you stole in a blatant war of aggression because it was 'common knowledge' Maricks were bad teams and worse pugs? Now you play the aggrieved victim card? Fine. Return what you have stolen and Marik will go back to beating Steiner like a set of bongos since we are barred by algorythm of choosing where to attack.

The only ops that went on with Zion was a unit that went rogue and Pugs. AFFS command said to not go after Marik, and has stayed with that, yet Marik has continued its attacks. Yer funneh yourself. Frankly, Purple Chicken is not as fun to go after as the minions of the Evil and insane Romano Liao.

#17 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

typical davion propaganda. Rogue units blah blah blah... we are the victims of Marik aggression. Blah blah. The reason marik isn't fun to pick on is because our forces face better units and don't always get turrets like we do with Liao and Kurita because they have smaller populations and are preoccupied with the clans eating them alive.

Just own up to the reality of what's going on: exploit city.

#18 Moarginplz

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 04 January 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

Marik will attack Marik if nobody else is available, that's why I like it.

#19 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

*Sings*Knock knock knockin on nestor's doooorrrr

Although I dunno who is knocking, we'll have to see after the Cease fire, unless someone has screenshots

Edited by Saxie, 04 January 2015 - 08:15 PM.

#20 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:17 PM

View PostAbivard, on 04 January 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

This is so wrong. there is no reason to defend planets from clans and all the reasons in the world to attack clan planets if you are Steiner,FRR or Kurita. Even pugs from these factions should be on attacking clan held worlds, you will get the same odds of a hold or counter attack mission, you will have a far greater chance of fighting clan pugs as well.

Players who already believe they are defeated before they even queue, tend to queue up on defending worlds.

No Pugs are in it for games... they don't care about CW at all, talk to the small premades and pugs ingame, their after games not 45+ min queues to form a 12man to turret rush. And when you do get pug's on the attack and they get stomped by 12man premades looking to tag a planet for defense it doesn't bode well for their opinion of it. 12man's need to lead attacks to drum up the initial turret rush and enemy interest, once pugs notice numbers moved across the border then the constant movement to that front occurs.

However unit groups MUST do the beachhead, they secure the enemy response, that secures games on the planet and that then entices the pugs to help defend/attack the world from both sides of the border.

Like I said we need incentives for people to cross borders, or defend borders more then small contract bonus's which are worth maybe 6-10% of what you might earn from a good game (roughly 5-600k). Incentives get the pugs to cross borders and reward them for gameplay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users