• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

View PostBSK, on 07 January 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

Our unit sees them as traitors after their repeatedly disruptive and abusive behaviour. Seems some of them are filled with bitterness for having to drop for Ghost Bears and not their own.

Hmmm? Im sure you have proof of this so, SS's please? Cause ,we are told to not to be disrespectful during drops and i would like to know who is.

#22 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostBSK, on 07 January 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

Our unit sees them as traitors after their repeatedly disruptive and abusive behaviour. Seems some of them are filled with bitterness for having to drop for Ghost Bears and not their own.

Indeed.  Maybe you want to put your money where your mouth is when insulting an entire clan?  As of this time, not a single one of us in CNCI has fought for any other faction than the Ghost Bears in CW.

Unless you are a member of that unit that insisted on spouting obscenities at everyone in the game, demanding to be listened to despite being in the minority in the game, and then being intentionally disruptive to the overall tactics that were being utilized?  In which case, all on your unit, buddy.  That is, assuming that is, that was your unit.  I have no idea if it was.

Otherwise, I have no clue what you are on about.

There was, however, Zeta Galaxy CNC, which just dissolved.  Another unit altogether.  Maybe you mean them?  AFAIK, they dissolved because they wanted to use IS mechs.

Then there are the Spirit Cats which are not Nova Cats.  There are a few flavors of us out there.  Perhaps you should be specific.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 07 January 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#23 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:33 PM

Private message has been sent.

#24 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

To answer the OP...

Because Clan Nova Cat and Clan Smoke Jaguar historically do not get along (please oh please don't make me have to distract myself from killing Snakes). All because of some unrequited love, funny if you think about it, us these days being iron womb babies. But the feud was from the first Khan/SaKhans of our clans so the bad blood runs deep.

#25 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 07 January 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

To answer the OP...

Because Clan Nova Cat and Clan Smoke Jaguar historically do not get along (please oh please don't make me have to distract myself from killing Snakes). All because of some unrequited love, funny if you think about it, us these days being iron womb babies. But the feud was from the first Khan/SaKhans of our clans so the bad blood runs deep.

Who knows maybe in this alternate universe, We can learn to get along for a common goal?. ;)

Edited by LastKhan, 07 January 2015 - 02:22 PM.

#26 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 07 January 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

Who knows maybe in this alternate universe, We can learn to get along for a common goal?. ;)

I would whole heartedly support that, you are children of kerensky and thus head and shoulders above the rabble

#27 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

View PostOzealot, on 07 January 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

WHY NO CLAN NOVACAT?

I believe the Novacat was not introduced until years later after the initial invasion...yeah it's 3059

#28 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostAmarus Cameron, on 07 January 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

To answer the OP...

I actually find the source of the feud in lore amusing if only because it is basically a very twisted form of Romeo and Juliet. Except instead of one person accidentally committing suicide, someone throws a dead cat into a birthing tube. But, yes, I would be all for rewriting things with both Cat Clans working in tandem, as allies as opposed to enemies. Given what the official FASA/Wiz Kidz timeline did to the Nova Cats, I personally have zero desire to replicate that.

House Kurita can burn for all I care. :P

CSJ always had aggression, but CNC had a soul. Lore sets both clans against one another, yet they seem so... complementary, quiaff?

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 07 January 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#29 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

View PostOzealot, on 07 January 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

I actually do know that. It was also not meant to insult the Nova Cat players who wish for their faction tag. But you could also argue with the timeline. And they do know that too.

I vaguely recall something PGI said about potentially fast forwarding the faction release of the wave 2 clans, but damned if I can recall where I read it. I would not count on it, either way. Anywho, we do not need 3059 for the Nova Cat if we can get the Night Gyr in 3051. :D Same pod space, same speed, heavier heavy mech, with jump jets. The forbearer of the Nova Cat Omnimech.

#30 Raziberry

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostAnjian, on 04 January 2015 - 10:59 PM, said:

Not to mention they have one of the most iconic mechs in all of BattleTech.

Just because you like a 'Mech does not make it one of the most iconic. The Nova Cat is good, but is probably not one of the first that come to people's minds when they think of BattleTech. I doubt it would even enter the top ten.
Also, there's a timeline MWO is following. Clan Nova Cat has not been activated as an invasion force yet (as a fan of Nova Cat I assume you know this) and the Nova Cat OmniMech didn't even enter production until 3059, nine years from where we are in the fiction.
From a game dev perspective, adding Nova Cat, Diamond Shark and Steel Viper at this point would be a LOT more work, and further split an already thin fanbase. Furthermore, CW is in beta. There's no need to add more factions until they develop the game further.

We all want the various factions and units of our liking, but it is an unrealistic expectation at this juncture, and I think you knew these answers to your question before you even asked it.

#31 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 07 January 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

I actually find the source of the feud in lore amusing if only because it is basically a very twisted form of Romeo and Juliet. Except instead of one person accidentally committing suicide, someone throws a dead cat into a birthing tube. But, yes, I would be all for rewriting things with both Cat Clans working in tandem, as allies as opposed to enemies. Given what the official FASA/Wiz Kidz timeline did to the Nova Cats, I personally have zero desire to replicate that.

House Kurita can burn for all I care. :P

CSJ always had aggression, but CNC had a soul. Lore sets both clans against one another, yet they seem so... complementary, quiaff?

A feud because of personal problems between leaders is exactly what Lords of the Inner Sphere deal with it has no place among the children of kerensky. I am all for a CNC CSJ team up, would make our OZ that much more dangerous and Kurita that much more screwed.

#32 Ler of Zan

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

Historically, there is absoutely no reason the Nova Cats should be missing in THIS timeline.

Quoting from http://www.sarna.net...i/Clan_Nova_Cat:

"The Nova Cats were one of the original twenty founded by Nicholas Kerensky in the wake of the Pentagon Civil Wars".

In fact, the Clans all benefit from their presence in this timeline:

"The Clans made numerous scientific advances during the Golden Century, with the Nova Cats proving no exception. Their scientist caste perfected ER Laser technology, introducing the Clan-spec ER Large Laser in 2823."

Further:

"While not a major part of the initial invasion, elements of the Nova Cat Keshik were allowed to aid Clan Wolf in their invasion of the Periphery world of Drask's Den."

Just saying, for accuracy... Hoping CNC will eventually take their place among us....

Ler

Edited by Ler of Zan, 12 February 2015 - 04:18 PM.

#33 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:06 PM

well as you can see Lore doesnt matter much to PGI. Pretty much an alternate universe.

#34 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

hopefully they don't put them in, or the star adders, or the vipers or my beloved ravens.

Because the playerbase numbers can't sustain all these factions.

#35 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

Do we have the population to take players from the current clans to make a 5th?

#36 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

At least they could introduce other invading Clans based on the most active Clan units in MWO, for example Nova Cats. They could share their territory with their canon partners or something like that, because otherwise there is no way to introduce them.

#37 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

I WANT MY CAULDRON BORN!!!!

*snip*well as you can see Lore doesnt matter much to PGI. Pretty much an alternate universe.*end snip*
Especially because of that!

#38 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:59 PM

View PostVoodooLou Kerensky, on 13 February 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

I WANT MY CAULDRON BORN!!!!

*snip*well as you can see Lore doesnt matter much to PGI. Pretty much an alternate universe.*end snip*
Especially because of that!

Give it time and it will eventually. its time line appropriate unlike the Nova Cat and Cougar.

#39 Phil Tackett

• Pip
  • Cadet
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:58 PM

View PostRaziberry, on 07 January 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

Just because you like a 'Mech does not make it one of the most iconic. The Nova Cat is good, but is probably not one of the first that come to people's minds when they think of BattleTech. I doubt it would even enter the top ten.
Also, there's a timeline MWO is following. Clan Nova Cat has not been activated as an invasion force yet (as a fan of Nova Cat I assume you know this) and the Nova Cat OmniMech didn't even enter production until 3059, nine years from where we are in the fiction.
From a game dev perspective, adding Nova Cat, Diamond Shark and Steel Viper at this point would be a LOT more work, and further split an already thin fanbase. Furthermore, CW is in beta. There's no need to add more factions until they develop the game further.

We all want the various factions and units of our liking, but it is an unrealistic expectation at this juncture, and I think you knew these answers to your question before you even asked it.

I dunno, Nova Cat was definitely in my top 10 when I think of 'mechs.

#40 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostPhil Tackett, on 15 February 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

I dunno, Nova Cat was definitely in my top 10 when I think of 'mechs.

Nova Cat and Shadow Cat are two of the newer iconic Clan mechs, IMO. Right next to the Summoner, Mad Dog, and Timber Wolf. Except, of course, not built out of tissue paper or over engined to redundancy. We in Clan Nova Cat know how to build a proper war machine. Even the less well known Huntsman is a fantastic war engine. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users