58 replies to this topic

#1 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

We have not been so much into open recruiting so we have remained low profile in that aspect. However we have had a number people show interest in our group and though I would pass along some things about us.

The origins of the group stems from core members (CDR Clan Dark Revenant) that originated 15 years ago in the MW franchise. With some members remaining, but the founder in play anymore we decided to continue under a new tag at unit creation.

DERP was chosen by the group for a couple reasons. A couple members were founders of the same named unit from another game title. Also for those in group who did not want to be serious the name was not much to hold up. But for the more serious members, when you won it was kind of a little extra kick in the butt to those who lost.

But our current obligation is as CSJ loyalist. However we are taking time during CW beta to switch contracts on a short term basis to fulfill the needs of the player to get loyalty points and to see how other factions are building decks and strats they are using.

So if you see us out and about, we will surely be back.

Edited by Mickey Knoxx, 01 April 2015 - 04:33 PM.

#2 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:53 AM

This message goes out to DERP, excellent pilots and glad to have you with us.

#3 Lord Phills

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:00 AM

Always nice to see you on the field as well!

#4 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:03 AM

View PostDrPhills, on 07 January 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

Always nice to see you on the field as well!

And I thought my post count was bad DrPhills :P

#5 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:19 AM

It's always a pleasure to side with the guys from DERP.

o7

#6 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:55 AM

I think we need to add a section to this post mickey.

We should find all the threads created after we rolled groups and pugs alike and provide links to them....... It would be epic!

We could call it the "trail of forum tears" or something

#7 T K O

• PipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

Thank you to all that have posted here and dropped with us etc, it's been a pleasure being part of a successful faction with communication.

Blue I know there's been roughly two handfuls of qq threads posted after playing us, but honestly us killing them with kindness has worked far better.

Also just a side note I know Mickey touched on it in the op but I think we are going to revisit it here soon via a chat, but I'd like to see some recruiting of seasoned pilots. If you may be interested don't be afraid to get ahold of Mickey Knoxx, Invictus359, or myself in game or on Strana.

7o

#8 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

View Posttkospec5, on 07 January 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

Also just a side note I know Mickey touched on it in the op but I think we are going to revisit it here soon via a chat, but I'd like to see some recruiting of seasoned pilots. If you may be interested don't be afraid to get ahold of Mickey Knoxx, Invictus359, or myself in game or on Strana.

7o

Figured I would add to this. We have a core of above average pilots who strive to excel. Part of their comes from skill but much is from a very nonlinear approach to everything. In group we have an excellent success rate due to this, however makes it hard to translate when we have pickups in group.

We are very aggressive, very mobile, and leave the scripted tactics to games like WoW. I honestly believe our unit moto should be "screw it, lets do it" as that is the most common phase use daily.

Therefor for us the most desired players are the ones who are willing to think out of the box, adapt on the fly, and be willing to take on one the chin in order break the mold of cookie cutter matches. On day one when TheB33f was posting vids about rushing over the wall on attack, we were storming the walls on defend.

Any man enough?

#9 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

Mickey, we need to bring the light rush back on defense.... that was good stuff :D

#10 $imon Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 272 posts
  • LocationYour sisters house eating her cookie & drinking her milk

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

These are some good players and even better ppl. glad to have them fighting for the Jaguar !

#11 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

If you are looking for a team that is tough and fun, give DERP a chance. I love dropping with these guys.

#12 T K O

• PipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...oin-in-the-fun/

Here is our "recruitment post" in the clans section. Thanks to everyone here that has dropped with us and left the good comments!

#13 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

http://www.urbandict...e.php?term=derp
or
The first known instance of the word “derp” comes from the 1998 comedy film Baseketball by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone. During a scene where they are caught smelling underwear taken from a woman’s private drawer, Matt runs out of the room and says “Derp.”.
The South Park episode “The Succubus” originally aired on April 21st, 1999 introduced a character named Mr. Derp, who briefly served as the chef’s replacement. In this episode, the character performs various slapstick clichés like striking himself on the head with a hammer while exclaiming “Derp!” The expression has been used in a number of other South Park episodes, most notably in Season 6, Episode 15 “The Biggest Douche in the Universe” (2002) and Season 8th, Episode 6 “They Took Our Jobs (2004).”
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/derp

#14 T K O

• PipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:18 PM

Bump, DERP is in need of competitive minded and skilled players for the makings of our company group. If interested please get ahold of me!

#15 AeturnitasMalus

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostMickey Knoxx, on 07 January 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

I honestly believe our unit moto should be "screw it, lets do it" as that is the most common phase use daily.

^^This.

#16 Gh0stie Gaming

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:15 PM

Trying to find you guys on TS with no luck. Looking for a group to game with.

#17 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

great games tonight guys :D

#18 T K O

• PipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:02 PM

Ghosty hit up Mickey Knoxx, Invictus359, or myself of course in game or via StranaMechty teamspeak!

Thank you Stealth and NS alike for the great fights in our maiden voyage into comp play! Was a good time, until the next NS!

#19 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

o7 DERP! Good drops with y'all tonight! One of our 8-Mans linked up with one of your 4-Mans; I think it's on video. I got disco'ed early on, but if the holovid is on my hard drive, then I'll post it up for y'all.

Always a pleasure! Meltegez was with me, so it was fun to see tkospec again; kind of like a Jin-Roh reunion, lol.

Anyone looking for a good Clan Unit can't go wrong with these guys. When I changed Units, Derp was one of my final two choices from which to pick. The only reason why I didn't choose them was because I wanted to stay IS. If I had gone Clan, I'd have joined up in a heartbeat. :)

Hail from Nightmare and The Brethren and rock on!

#20 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:23 PM

Hey, tkospec, I just looked to see if I had that vid. Sadly, the file is corrupted; looks like OBS is acting up again. Sorry man!

That was a great fight though! Let's do that again sometime. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users