31 replies to this topic

#1 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

Last night while we had pretty much every kurita player and group fighting the clan juggernaught on IRECE and THESSOLANIKA a lyran unit came in and ghost dropped the entire planet of ALRAKIS right before cease fire.

It was a d-bag move [CI] considering we had nobody to spare to defend, so guess what, no more helping you to defend your clan border, enjoy!

Edited by Slepnir, 05 January 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#2 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

If you don't want to lose your planets, you have to defend them. It's how the game works.

#3 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

We'll get right on that with our 36 man squad we've been telling to go home every night instead of playing.

#4 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostSocop, on 05 January 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

We'll get right on that with our 36 man squad we've been telling to go home every night instead of playing.

well thats not smart

#5 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:33 PM

Playing and being invested in this iteration of CW is?

#6 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostSocop, on 05 January 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

You've been telling them not to play? That sucks.

#7 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostSocop, on 05 January 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Can you explain to me one reason why you are not? Or why it is not smart? I am very curious....

I dont see why you WOULDN'T want to "be invested" as you put it. What is so terrible about investing your time which is already spent here just in another game mode? Unless you are not playing the game in general if that is the case why are you here on the forums then?

So you tell them NOT to play at all? and they listen? LOL Seems like you guys have your priorities straight.

See you at Terra!

Edited by DarthRevis, 05 January 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#8 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

To OP, either invest in CW or not. If you invest in it, then you'll fight it out and defend your planet. If you don't invest, then its hard to complain isn't it?

BTW, I'm pretty sure my unit and several others have a sort of truce going and don't attack kurita space so it isn't like you can blame the entire faction. Also, I have never seen more than a handful of kuritans defending our territory and never in a group drop. I don't know if I'll notice the loss.....

#9 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 05 January 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

So you tell them NOT to play at all? and they listen? LOL Seems like you guys have your priorities straight.

See you at Terra!

Not sure on all of it but think he was being sarcastic about the fokks going home part Darth.

#10 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

It's a joke about how we don't have the players needed to defend all our fronts people, yeesh.

#11 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

Honestly...does anyone? Lol.

#12 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

Can you explain to me one reason why you are not? Or why it is not smart? I am very curious....

I dont see why you WOULDN'T want to "be invested" as you put it. What is so terrible about investing your time which is already spent here just in another game mode? Unless you are not playing the game in general if that is the case why are you here on the forums then?

See you at Terra!

Its a map decided by timezones and population more than player victories in my anecdotal experience. I can't find it in me to genuinely care about it. I'll play, but its hard to really care about the map in beta for me.

#13 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

If you are short on defenders you should focus on your own territory.

House Kurita might be our archenemy by lore - in cw I´ve seen them help with defense on Steiner planets several times.
Most i met fought with honor... some just idled.

We should concentrate on those who took territory or took advantage of our clanfront first:

JadeFalcon
Marik
Raselhague
Wolves
Kurita

in that order.

But my unit is small and we aren´t making the calls on these things.

#14 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 05 January 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

Not sure on all of it but think he was being sarcastic about the fokks going home part Darth.

I'm was hoping such....id be a shame to have anyone telling others NOT to play a game they enjoy.

Sarcasm doesn't carry well over written word, hence the misunderstanding.

View PostSocop, on 05 January 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Its a map decided by timezones and population more than player victories in my anecdotal experience. I can't find it in me to genuinely care about it. I'll play, but its hard to really care about the map in beta for me.

When you put it that way I understand, its beta. It has been crowd sourced to us the players to find out how to make it work. So i play, find exploits and find ways to win. If its undesirable by playing i will give PGI data to make changes and balance the mode accordingly. Timezone issues are real and i hope a 27 hour Attack phase or something similar with a more dynamic start and finish will alleviate that some.

When they claim they have given us a finished product and we STILL have major issues like excluding some of the player base due to time constraints then we have a big problem.

Edited by DarthRevis, 05 January 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#15 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:24 PM

View PostSocop, on 05 January 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Russ has never started that they will reset CW, only that it is a small chance but very unlikely.

So why not be committed, the only ones i see that are not committed happen to be the ones that wouldn't have an affect anyway and use it as an excuse to not take part in the shaping of a new lore and new player driven story.

#16 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

Steiners are just Davions with a German accent. The Dragon's mistake was in ever trusting them to begin with.

#17 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

The whole function of a 'crunch time' is problematic for me. Maybe the solution is 50 zones per world; when it hits 25 it starts a 6 hour counter. If defenders get it under 25 in that 6 hours, even for 1 minute, it resets the timer. This makes taking a world require a lot of invested time.

It would certainly cut down on the '5 worlds changing a day' bit we've had.

Maybe make it 30 totals wins and over 15? What that does is mean that you need to push your victories to a certain point and *hold them* for a set period of time, which gives defenders opportunity to push you back.

This also greatly reduces the value of ghost drops. Sure, they'll happen, but if you need to consistently win (either as attacker or defender) for 6 hours (long enough to cross most timezones) then you create opportunity for overlap.

#18 Ian Drsaurri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 107 posts
  • LocationKentares IV

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

See you at Terra!

From where you are you'd have to cut a line straight through all of Draconis planets and somehow remove PGI from Terra

Edited by Ian Drsaurri, 05 January 2015 - 03:35 PM.

#19 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:02 PM

View PostZenFool, on 05 January 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

To OP, either invest in CW or not. If you invest in it, then you'll fight it out and defend your planet. If you don't invest, then its hard to complain isn't it?

BTW, I'm pretty sure my unit and several others have a sort of truce going and don't attack kurita space so it isn't like you can blame the entire faction. Also, I have never seen more than a handful of kuritans defending our territory and never in a group drop. I don't know if I'll notice the loss.....

Perhaps you need to read my post again, we had 60+ defenders and attacker on irece, we had been fighting hours earlier on thessolanika taking 80% of the planet from the bears. then they loaded up 36 players ghost dropping it back to 68% before we could pull in enough players, including drawing off defenders from irece to try and hold the planet. there was literally nobody to send to alrakis.

instead of ghost dropping CI could have done something usefull by helping defend worlds under attack on the clan front.

#20 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

Marik lost a world to Steiner yesterday by Ghost drops but we know who did it, it was the Kell hounds, because of our major action against Davion we did not have enough units to keep our planet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users