How To Get More People For Liao

13 replies to this topic

#1 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

Give everyone who signs a 90 contract with a Liao a Raven 3L.

Also, get more of those Defense Turret guys. They are funny. If we ever switch to Liao, I look forward to playing with them.

#2 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:28 AM

Too many 1's and 0's makes my head hurt something terrible. As far as getting people to go to the lower population factions/clans the increase in Cbills and faction exp were basically a quick fix due to the time constraints before PGI's holiday vacation. I think that while they were nice, the increase was minimal. Some factions/clans have a huge lore base on their side, others not as much. As a person who is newer to this game, I chose my faction before they were in place. I was lucky enough to fit in with a unit that didn't make me fill out two paragraphs of backstory ( not saying it is bad, just not my thing ) and things have been rolling along ever since. Now there needs to be a way to draw in newer players into CW especially to the lower population factions/clans. Something like your idea is nice, and maybe once the actual rewards for the faction exp come out that might draw people in as well.

#3 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

I saw the Defense Turrets pugging and leveling their Firestarters yesterday, it was funny. They were all on trial mechs when they first started. Prepare for super-meta-OP-mobile-turrets soon.

#4 01100001011100100000110100001010

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

All Your Base Belong To US :)

Soon!

#5 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

The Capellan Confederation values it's defensive offensive mobile static fortification forces and gladly invests in their enhancement.

#6 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

Give evreyone an Urbanmech and suddenly you have the biggest and most devoted army in the Inner Sphere!

#7 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

Honestly, the way to get people in Liao right now is to have fun, publicly. Rather than "Woe is us!", we need to be fun, dumb, and loud enough that people want to join up.

Take [BASE] for a moment. Look at that. It's obviously just a fun thing some people are doing. In the public queue, and in CW. Hell, I think I've seen Davions looking to join them. They clearly seem to be having "the fun".

CRHoC is a similar public, funny thing. Maybe it's worked, maybe it hasn't, but it has raised the profile some.

People pick teams for all kind of reasons. I like Liao because the leaders are nuts, and do crazy stuff. Other people are into the underdog thing. Others just like green. Or swords. Or China? House wide we need to pick a gimmick and push it. I'm going with comedy.

PS: [BASE] - Please make a recruiting video that uses something by the Based God, or that includes the phrase "Drop the bass".

PPS: If I made a catch-all unit for Liao, and named it "Head Hunters of Liao", how well do you think that would work? Think I could gather up some folks? How mad would HHoD get? Is this worth my time? WHO KNOWS!

Edited by BlakeAteIt, 06 January 2015 - 01:56 PM.

#8 Vas79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 826 posts
  • LocationSt Ives, Capitol Apocalypse Lancer Compact

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:36 AM

We've had a great time fighting for Liao over the last two weeks and are looking to stay a week or two longer. The matches vs the Davion teams have a different pace and feel to them then the Clan vs IS matches. We aren't turning into loyalist but you'll have our mechs for awhile yet.

#9 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:00 AM

I thought about kidnapping Stackpole and force him to write a Pro-Liao novel. But then I looked at the FedSun players and thought "Nah, we're better off without 'em".

View PostBlakeAteIt, on 06 January 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

PPS: If I made a catch-all unit for Liao, and named it "Head Hunters of Liao", how well do you think that would work? Think I could gather up some folks? How mad would HHoD get? Is this worth my time? WHO KNOWS!

Why not "Butt/Breast Hunters of Liao" or something?

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 07 January 2015 - 06:03 AM.

#10 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

View PostVas79, on 07 January 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:

We've had a great time fighting for Liao over the last two weeks and are looking to stay a week or two longer. The matches vs the Davion teams have a different pace and feel to them then the Clan vs IS matches. We aren't turning into loyalist but you'll have our mechs for awhile yet.

That's good to hear. It's been great droppin' with you guys.

View PostBlakeAteIt, on 06 January 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Rather than "Woe is us!", we need to be fun, dumb, and loud enough that people want to join up.

But because this is the Internet I feel compelled to remind everyone that "fun and dumb" does not equal racist rants/homophobic slurs/general grossness. That's just childish and obnoxious :)

#11 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:48 AM

Wit is a powerful weapon. One must be better than the Davion hordes, but not sit there and sling racist slurs or the like. That's aiming low blows at the -players-, which is improper in the extreme.

We aren't turning into loyalist but you'll have our mechs for awhile yet.

The Confederation welcomes long-term contracts but has never desired to turn such things into traps or methods of converting mercenaries into House units. Rather, we simply want to make working for the Confederation a positive boost both for the bottom line and as an option for those units who want a stable home where they aren't regarded as men to be manipulated into joining a House or throwaway forces whose successes are unappreciated and failure expected.

That we have mercenary units that decide to take the path to citizenship is simply due to them enjoying the regard we hold those who fight for our nation, even against daunting odds.

#12 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:12 AM

View Postwanderer, on 07 January 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

Wit is a powerful weapon. One must be better than the Davion hordes, but not sit there and sling racist slurs or the like. That's aiming low blows at the -players-, which is improper in the extreme.

The Confederation welcomes long-term contracts but has never desired to turn such things into traps or methods of converting mercenaries into House units. Rather, we simply want to make working for the Confederation a positive boost both for the bottom line and as an option for those units who want a stable home where they aren't regarded as men to be manipulated into joining a House or throwaway forces whose successes are unappreciated and failure expected.

That we have mercenary units that decide to take the path to citizenship is simply due to them enjoying the regard we hold those who fight for our nation, even against daunting odds.

The money doesn't hurt the matter either :) .

#13 BlakeAteIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:17 PM

Join Liao - our exports are cash and lols!

Edited by BlakeAteIt, 07 January 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#14 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

Oh hai. The Brethren are now Liao. Let the irreverence commence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users