‘Downloading Install Base’ And Looping Patch Cycle

67 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

Some players are experiencing issues wherein the MWO client is either forcing a fresh download of the full Install Base or erroneously stating that a patch is required.
There are unfortunately a couple of distinct issues that can lead to this, and at this time there is no singular catch-all solution.

Until we can resolve each of these issues behind-the-scenes to prevent them from occurring, we’ve outlined the most common steps that should be able to resolve them if they do occur with your MWO client.

We strongly recommend attempting to run your MWO client after each of these steps, as there is a possibility that only one of these steps will be required in your case.

Flush your DNS

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
  • Type cmd and hit Enter.
  • In the command prompt window, type:
  • ipconfig /flushdns
  • Hit Enter.

Change your DNS settings

Using the information provided by OpenDNS or Google, please apply either of those DNS settings to your system.

Run the MWO Repair Tool

• Run the MWORepairTool.exe located in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32 folder (or in whichever folder you located your MWO install).
    • Start Scan. Please note that this will take a fair bit of time to complete.
    • If necessary, ensure that you Allow/Permit any firewall notice that may appear regarding the Repair Tool.
    • Once the scan is complete, select Fix Errors (even if no mismatches/errors were found). This will force a fresh download of the MWO game data directly from the main site, and will circumvent any download server issues that may have been causing this problem in your client.

Last resort: Perform an uninstall/reinstall of MWO

• Uninstall MWO using the Microsoft Fix-It Tool, located here
    • Reboot.
    • Re-install MWO using a fresh instance of the installer, located here
    • If feasible, please temporarily deactivate (or apply specific permissions for) any anti-virus or firewall software you may have in place, for the duration of the installation/patching process.

If the problem persists after performing all of the steps listed above

Please e-mail a support ticket to support@mwomercs.com with the subject heading ‘Endless Patching’, and provide us with the information outlined below.

• The results of a DirectX Diagnostic
    • Copies of the bootstrap_patcher_log and frontend_patcher_log located in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\PatcherLogs folder (or in whichever folder you located your MWO install).

How to obtain a DxDiag

• Press Windows Key + R
    • Type DxDiag
    • Click Save All Information. If prompted about WHQL drivers, click no.
    • If the Save All Information button is not present, simply click on Run (32/64 bit) DxDiag. The Save All Information button will appear after the diagnostic.
    • Attach the file to this support ticket. Please do not copy/paste the contents in the body of your message.

#2 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
    • Developer
    • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:08 PM

Heartfelt apologies for the crazy wall of text.

#3 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Rage
    • Rage
    • 3,740 posts
    • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:48 PM

I haven't had the issue but some people are saying the repair tool is messed up too? Have had a few guys in my unit use the repair tool and it take out "corrupt" files or issue but also take out important files needed to run the game. And then need to rerun the repair tool to "try" and fix problems it caused from the first fix. Even had a few guys need to run the repair tool 4 or 5 times to fix issues it caused the fix before.

Can you guys look into this as well to see if there is a problem with the repair tool?

#4 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Overlord
    • Overlord
    • 7,308 posts
    • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

Not sure its a good idea to recommend changing DNS to the laymen (even though I like OpenDNS and Google's DNS servers)

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 07 January 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#5 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Liquid Metal
    • Liquid Metal
    • 282 posts
    • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

Formerly my client wasn't able to load the mechlab after returning from a match and exited with awkward error msgs, but since a few weeks my client is silently exiting after clicking the launch button :(
    Fortunatly there is the rejoin function since a few month and i am not yet experiencing the err above

Edited by Magos Titanicus, 07 January 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#6 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • The God of Death
    • The God of Death
    • 1,073 posts
    • Twitter: Link
    • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

Disable antivirus is an important step prior to running the repair tool.

#7 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • The Ace
    • The Ace
    • 260 posts
    • LocationWayside V

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

Is there any word from TPTB about thise of us who can't login to the game, getting network error messages?

#8 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • The Determined
    • The Determined
    • 10,358 posts
    • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 07 January 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

Heartfelt apologies for the crazy wall of text.

Sometimes it is unavoidable.

#9 Phlyer42

• PipPip
    • Survivor
    • 36 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

This happened to me and all I did was exit the patcher, and start it up again.
    And then it worked!!!

Edited by Snakeguy612, 07 January 2015 - 01:33 PM.

#10 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Ace Of Spades
    • Ace Of Spades
    • 657 posts
    • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

Mine took a lot finagling to get it working, but that was before the fix was posted. Roughly 5 repairs and 5 reinstalls took care of it.

#11 LorDGuilhotinA

• PipPipPip
    • Wrath
    • Wrath
    • 50 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

"simple solution" to this and for many bugs in MWO, make a backup of the files from the instal directory, if this or any bug hapens, just copy the "backup" files over and have fun...

just have to remenber to "create" the backup files after every patch..

#12 Hammer Hand

• PipPipPip
    • Legendary Founder
    • Legendary Founder
    • 65 posts
    • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

I must be having a different problem. I am trying to install on a new pc and I get "0x80070643 - Fatal error during installation".

The error log (that says error) is:
    [0BEC:0CB8][2015-01-07T16:05:04]e000: Error 0x80070643: Process returned error: 0x643
    [0BEC:0CB8][2015-01-07T16:05:04]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute EXE package.
    [05B0:0F68][2015-01-07T16:05:04]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to configure per-machine EXE package.

I tried the above thisngs except the DNS switch. No joy.

#13 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • The Ace
    • The Ace
    • 260 posts
    • LocationWayside V

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

For my problem with a network error, it seems to have fixed itself.

#14 CgMass

• PipPipPip
    • Bad Company
    • Bad Company
    • 60 posts
    • LocationOK

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:28 PM

This happens on both of my pc's. It happened this weekend, patcher ran through 2 times in a row no each pc then it started working. As of today, first day since weekend that I am trying to play its doing the same thing again. You guys really need to work on fixing this as its a ridiculous problem to have. 24gb downloaded this weekend and i'm assuming ill have to do another 24 today. So since I only get 250gb before it costs me more, if this keeps up are you going to reimburse me for charges in the form of MC?

#15 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Survivor
    • 650 posts
    • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

The repair tool option has never worked well on this end. Is there a repair tool option for the repair tool? :P

#16 Kev Rosse

• PipPip
    • Veteran Founder
    • Veteran Founder
    • 42 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

View PostSnakeguy612, on 07 January 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

This happened to me and all I did was exit the patcher, and start it up again.
    And then it worked!!!

I encountered this issue one time, and this was my solution as well; I simply cancelled the download, closed out of all programs and relaunched the patcher and it started the game normally. (It's possible I may have rebooted the PC but I don't think so.)

Thanks,
    Gary

#17 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • The Scythe
    • The Scythe
    • 319 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

Odd, worked fine yesterday, just read this post, got an error during initial launch which stated that I had a version mismatch error. Started patching, quit out of patching, after getting corrupt file warning message. Relaunched MWO, started patching again, now I'm waiting for it to finish. Would be perturbed if I didn't have high speed internet. Did someone fatfinger a function on PGI's server and now several clients are having issues? Did you guys advance a version meant for the test server, then realized that it was the live server and went back?

Edited by Smoked, 07 January 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#18 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • The Scythe
    • The Scythe
    • 319 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

After it downloaded the "patch", it started redownloading the patch, after giving a message about finalizing patch installation. I stopped the program. I rebooted my machine. Restarted MWO, it continued the "patch" download. I realized that I had the Automatically start download option selected in the "gearbox" in the upper right corner. I unchecked it. It then stated updating client 1/2. Then went to 2/2. Then complete. Then I got to relogin normally. So the problem maybe connected to the automatically download updates option.

#19 CgMass

• PipPipPip
    • Bad Company
    • Bad Company
    • 60 posts
    • LocationOK

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:27 PM

Yet again. Both of my machines are doing the same thing. So i uninstalled and reinstalled. The game launches after the base install but then logging in gives a patching error. Quitting out of the game and relaunching requires a full redownload again. 52gb so far this week and hours of time wasted. Fing ********. This needs to be THE top priority right now.

#20 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • The Scythe
    • The Scythe
    • 319 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

Do you have the autodownloader for the patch enabled?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users