50 replies to this topic

#1 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

It was one thing when Davion was the largest faction and fighting a coordinated 3-front assault on out borders. Now? Now, no Davions ever seem to be online defending planets, allowing Liao and Marik to sweep through and take whatever they set their eyes on.

So...what the hell happened? Bueller?

#2 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

We just... didn't show today. I dunno. There were a couple half-hearted fights but we just handed worlds away today. People get busy, that makes sense and obviously this is just a game. Did half the faction just... leave though? There were about 24 Davion pilots on for crunch time as far as I could tell. We just didn't even bother today.

#3 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 07 January 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

We just... didn't show today. I dunno. There were a couple half-hearted fights but we just handed worlds away today. People get busy, that makes sense and obviously this is just a game. Did half the faction just... leave though? There were about 24 Davion pilots on for crunch time as far as I could tell. We just didn't even bother today.

That happens,
There were a few nights where I checked the channels and was surprised we couldn't field 2 companies.

#4 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:16 PM

Hump day break? Sudden CW Burnout Syndrome? Who knows.

#5 Crusader627

Rookie

• Sergeant-Major
  • Sergeant-Major
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:00 AM

Well, the Christmas break is over so a lot of people are back in school. This sort of drop off is common in a lot of games this time of year. Give it time, this is affecting every faction I'd wager. Once Davion's population rebounds we'll take back the ground we lost.

#6 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

Same thing happened last night in Steiner. 2 12-mans dropped on Golindrinas...and we cobbled together several pugs to help out and bounce between there and defending a sudden Marik incursion, lol. Won some games vs. MGA...but ended up losing the planet overall anyway.

#7 Greyfoxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

Golindrinas was the Jade falcon world we took. You are talking about the Marik world we lost. I can't think of the name either but it did start with a G. At any rate it was more than just 2 12 man marik teams dropping there. It was more like 4+ since there was more than 50 in the attack queue on it and they all started at once. I am guessing once they had Davion wrapped up they switched over. Skye Rangers went there to defend as well but it was only an hour or so before cease fire and there is little to be done when they outnumber you so much. The turrets tried their best but alas....they failed. We shall remember your sacrifice.

#8 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostGreyfoxx, on 08 January 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

Golindrinas was the Jade falcon world we took. You are talking about the Marik world we lost. I can't think of the name either but it did start with a G. At any rate it was more than just 2 12 man marik teams dropping there. It was more like 4+ since there was more than 50 in the attack queue on it and they all started at once. I am guessing once they had Davion wrapped up they switched over. Skye Rangers went there to defend as well but it was only an hour or so before cease fire and there is little to be done when they outnumber you so much. The turrets tried their best but alas....they failed. We shall remember your sacrifice.

I was talking about both, actually. We played 2 games on Golindrinas, won them, saw the planet was at 86% and switched over to Giusar. Lost 1, won 3, but the planet still fell.

#9 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

I am glade that we won against you guys yesterday but I can remember well, right before Christmas break when Liao stopped fighting we were being crushed. that is the thing in CW the situation changes weekly. In some cases daily. I was surprised myself that we were hitting Steiner.

#10 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:20 AM

View PostNoaceik, on 08 January 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

I am glade that we won against you guys yesterday but I can remember well, right before Christmas break when Liao stopped fighting we were being crushed. that is the thing in CW the situation changes weekly. In some cases daily. I was surprised myself that we were hitting Steiner.

S'all good :) With the new times of cease fires I know a lot of EST players won't be contributing as much...so the MWO world gets to see what the central and pacific timers can do! Whole new battlefield lol.

I'm a little sad they're not going with a suggestion like Kjudoon's, though, of having an 8-hour window and longer cease fire to slowly rotate the cease fire times throughout the day...pushing it back an hour every day, so EVERYONE gets that prime 90 minutes prior to cease fire at some point.

#11 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostNoaceik, on 08 January 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

Well, enough of us kept saying it was going to happen at some point.

#12 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

Work.......

It is rudely interrupting CW.

#13 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:14 PM

Praetorian Legion has been here since day one!,...where are the rest of you?

#14 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

View PostHarathan, on 07 January 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

Hump day break? Sudden CW Burnout Syndrome? Who knows.

This is where the Warpigs were last night.

Posted Image

#15 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:08 PM

Even at that some Warpigs still manage a few drops. Then to play some hooligans for some R&R.

#16 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:52 PM

My lance kinda gave up on CW with the current wait times. The patch on the 20th, if it reduces queue times, will maybe make us come back. It's just too painful always waiting.

I just wish I could press a "slot us in where you need us" button and fight on whatever contested world. As long as I don't accidentally attack Steiner, I'm happy fighting anywhere.

#17 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostCrusader627, on 08 January 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

Well, the Christmas break is over so a lot of people are back in school. This sort of drop off is common in a lot of games this time of year. Give it time, this is affecting every faction I'd wager. Once Davion's population rebounds we'll take back the ground we lost.

meanwhile half the world is in summer break and won't be at school for another month B)

How's it like up in snowy christmas land?

#18 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostKhanahar, on 09 January 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

My lance kinda gave up on CW with the current wait times. The patch on the 20th, if it reduces queue times, will maybe make us come back. It's just too painful always waiting.

I just wish I could press a "slot us in where you need us" button and fight on whatever contested world. As long as I don't accidentally attack Steiner, I'm happy fighting anywhere.

Long queue times?
You're fighting for Davion, and if you are playing US Primetime, you should hardly, if ever, have a queue time on the Marik border during the Hot Zone.

#19 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 09 January 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Long queue times?
You're fighting for Davion, and if you are playing US Primetime, you should hardly, if ever, have a queue time on the Marik border during the Hot Zone.

Depends if there's any other Davion to actually fill that side of the queue. There are days of the week when we're fielding less than 36 total players at prime time.

#20 Vas79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 826 posts
  • LocationSt Ives, Capitol Apocalypse Lancer Compact

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

It bums me out when I see the Davion number so low, we as a unit want the fights not the ghost drops to win matches and planets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users