mmm yes your ghost droping it while no mariks are around. been looking at that

#3 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:45 PM

While they were busy ghost dropping wazan, campertown looks awfully purple. How bout dat?

#4 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

We were just looking for people to play. One drop did show up, then never came back.

#5 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:22 PM

Do you know how ******* LONG it takes to ghost drop a planet? quit pulling that card, show up to fight.

#6 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:59 AM

View Postjaxjace, on 08 January 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

Do you know how ******* LONG it takes to ghost drop a planet? quit pulling that card, show up to fight.

Maximum 2 companies (3 if one company takes longer than 10 minutes to kill the base, but that's not an effective use of time) in a ghost drop rotation (10 minutes to drop, 1 minute Ghost queue second company, <5 minutes to resolve match, 1 minute Ghost Queue.... add in the variables of getting a company together, breaks etc.

2.5 hours if they're quick about it.

Every faction tries to seed their attack planet during the hours outside the hot zone. So I don't see what anyone is bitching about.

#7 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

We jumped on Marik comms and begged Seraph to come defend Shiloh last night, lol. We THOUGHT we had them coming...but then it ended up as a ghost drop. We sighed, blew up some turrets, and jumped into the public q. Lol.

Edit: That or it was the Marik alliance comms and Beo asked ppl to pass word to Seraph. It was one of the two. Either way we thought we'd gotten confirmation and the map ended up empty. We were sad, fighting Seraph is fun! :(

Edited by Ghost Badger, 09 January 2015 - 07:08 AM.

#8 Action Man

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

I did check Wazan and was handed this flyer when I landed.

Posted Image

#9 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

^^ Bwahahahaha!!

#10 Gtbuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts
  • LocationSoutheast US

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 09 January 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

We jumped on Marik comms and begged Seraph to come defend Shiloh last night, lol. We THOUGHT we had them coming...but then it ended up as a ghost drop. We sighed, blew up some turrets, and jumped into the public q. Lol.

Edit: That or it was the Marik alliance comms and Beo asked ppl to pass word to Seraph. It was one of the two. Either way we thought we'd gotten confirmation and the map ended up empty. We were sad, fighting Seraph is fun! :(

Thanks for the compliment. You caught us on a night when two of our main line units were in drills, maybe next time.

#11 Tibsen

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

The Seraphim always enjoy a good scrap. It's too bad it didn't happen last night, but hopefully tonight will be different. God bless and happy hunting!

#12 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

We tried hard to get some Marik units to go to Wazan last night too. We ended up in the group queue - where we saw some actual units playing, we asked them to go to CW, they didn't respond.

There are people on and playing. They're just not playing CW. It's unfortunate. I've pugged my last CW match; I have to just accept that I'll have 0 relevant impact on the swing of worlds until the 20th and probably won't be in CW until then at all, nor will most my unit.

The nature of the pugs have changed. In the last 20+ pug matches that desire to try and function as a group is gone - can't do anything with them, you drop in a pug group and everyone will just do what they think is best, which apparently is lose. Stops being fun after a while, not sure how to change that. Negative shifts in an environments culture are a bigger problem for long term sustainability than anything else. CW may actually end up being only groups, which will make matchmaking harder.

#13 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 January 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

We tried hard to get some Marik units to go to Wazan last night too. We ended up in the group queue - where we saw some actual units playing, we asked them to go to CW, they didn't respond.

There are people on and playing. They're just not playing CW. It's unfortunate. I've pugged my last CW match; I have to just accept that I'll have 0 relevant impact on the swing of worlds until the 20th and probably won't be in CW until then at all, nor will most my unit.

The nature of the pugs have changed. In the last 20+ pug matches that desire to try and function as a group is gone - can't do anything with them, you drop in a pug group and everyone will just do what they think is best, which apparently is lose. Stops being fun after a while, not sure how to change that. Negative shifts in an environments culture are a bigger problem for long term sustainability than anything else. CW may actually end up being only groups, which will make matchmaking harder.

Aside from those drops with the 22AL last night, I only got 1 attack drop where any defenders bothered to show up, and one defence drop with MRDR up in FRR space. Other than that, it was a bit of a no-show all around.

Sad.

Edited by Harathan, 09 January 2015 - 12:12 PM.

#14 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 January 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

I'm confused, You tried to get Marik units on Wazan? We had our forces spread equally spread between Wazan and Campertown, almost everyone on the TS server was part of CW last night. Did you mean Davion units?

Sorry for your experiences in Davion and your brief departure from CW. I can try to give you some pointers on how we've achieved success with our PUGs if you like, but it seems a little defeatism has set in with you.

Let me know if I can help, Marik/Dav border is the best border.

#15 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

I'm currently tied up in RL stuff, but I'll return to beat up mechs (and have my own beaten up) as soon as I can. I may be in the minority, but I like CW. It's cool fighting for something other than cbills and xp.

#16 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 09 January 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

This gets back to the heart of why the pace of the game needs to slow down somen and spread out more. (mechanics pending) Even a large group like the Seraphim cannot maintain 3+ companies 7 nights a week. There are very few groups that can if any. Of course, we LOVE teaming up with our FWLM brothers and sisters if we can't get our own full 12mans.

Also, if you think it's fun fighting us, you should try fighting allied with us. ;)

Edited by Kjudoon, 09 January 2015 - 01:30 PM.

#17 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 09 January 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

I'm confused, You tried to get Marik units on Wazan? We had our forces spread equally spread between Wazan and Campertown, almost everyone on the TS server was part of CW last night. Did you mean Davion units?

Sorry for your experiences in Davion and your brief departure from CW. I can try to give you some pointers on how we've achieved success with our PUGs if you like, but it seems a little defeatism has set in with you.

Let me know if I can help, Marik/Dav border is the best border.

After the ceasefire it was quiet as a church mouse. All the action goes to the Clan border, mostly attacking. We had people talking to folks in different factions; the whole Davion queue was functionally 0/0 while there was like 300+ stomping Clan faces. We tried to prod some action in Wazan but no luck. It happens.

It's not defeatism; we have a lot of time before we even lose everything we took from Marik originally and as I said before, populations ebb and flow. We're picking up an unexpected number of ex-Clan players who are not yet in on the whole IS vs IS culture and approach; I swear some folks seem to think that they just needed to switch to a TDR - 9S, stand on a hill and shoot at people who run past and they'll win just fine. It's a tad more complex than that.

Marik is fielding a lot of full units right now and that's awesome. Dav/Mar border is best border, I absolutely agree. Playing with a unit is best playing experience though and while pugbossing can be fun it's not an investment anyone can keep up 24 x 7, and if I want to play before ceasefire it's 2mans and pugbossing until the 20th.

Today may be more flow than ebb. If we can keep you to 1 world every 2 days that leaves us comfortably still in 'captured Marik space' by the 20th. At that point we'll see how things shake out. The new timezones will be perfect for my peeps. You should stay up later, that way I can shoot you more often.

#18 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

Edited to add:

Not to sound like a complete ****** but no ****, I forgot I could pug on the Liao or Clan borders.

First match, 12 pugs against a Clanner 6man plus mixed, I'm thinking 'why did I do this to myself?'

Amazingly the Clanners did not act like the well oiled Marik combat machine and we curbstomped them by 3rd wave.

Seriously, I forgot what playing teams that were not Marik were like. So I'll vacation on other fronts killing ordinary people and stick to A-Game only on the Marik border.

There are some top tier comp teams out who roll faces 24x7 and we all know their names. However I can absolutely say that playing against Marik is *always* hardcore. Always. Every match, every group. I know it's come up before but, total props on that.

#19 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

Wow... I gotta stop wrecking the grading curve playing CW.... I stink!

#20 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 09 January 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

Wow... I gotta stop wrecking the grading curve playing CW.... I stink!

No, you just play in a harsh environment. I kid you not, I've pugged matches where one guy *was shooting at blinking lights on the gate gen, from almost 1,000m away, with SRMs. ALL MATCH.* WHILE ON DEFENSE. I've had matches where several people attacking boreal fired relentlessly at the gate itself. I often drop with teams who are attacking Sulfur and don't just light rush to clear the ogens (if you can't clear ogens in 1 wave with a 12 light zerg on Sulfur I don't know what to tell you).

That and the influx of ex-Clanners who get in a TDR 9S and find out that actually you don't just endlessly destroy everyone with a stream of PPC fire - we all know how to, you know. Move. So they park on a hill, miss people, get legged and run past and the match ends with them in their 1st or 2nd mech and like 150 total damage.

You do fine. Dav/Mar is just hardcore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users