#1 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

Posted Image

We continue to defend allowing the clans to throw the full weight of their players into the attack, instead of forcing them to defend some of their worlds drawing away attackers.

If we continue to just defend we will in the end loose.

Sometimes it makes me want to yell at all the people clustering in a huge defend lobby or the 12 man I saw earlier attacking a stiener world when they could be doing something useful on the clan border.

If you attack it, the clanners will see it and will come to defend it.

Edited by Slepnir, 11 January 2015 - 07:36 PM.

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

Well to be fair...it depends on the planet....IF we feel that we'll maintain positive forward momentum along the attack corridor, we will let you trade a planet for us. We only worry about defense when there is a possibility of the overall corridor being derailed.

As TNT would connect us to Irece anyway, your taking of JZ does not threaten our forward momentum, so you would have taken it against our CGB allies (or perhaps) not, because the CSJ teams were focused on TNT fully tonight. Smoke Adders discuss this daily before putting out our CW focus for the day, just so that folks aren't caught flat footed chasing after defenses they do not need to mess with, OR so they know to retrench and defend a key world. And our Allies are kept aware too via the Smoke Alliance website.

#3 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:34 PM

View PostSlepnir, on 11 January 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

Posted Image

We continue to defend allowing the clans to throw the full weight of their players into the attack, instead of forcing them to defend some of their worlds drawing away attackers.

If we continue to just defend we will in the end loose.

Sometimes it makes me want to yell at all the people clustering in a huge defend lobby or the 12 man I saw earlier attacking a stiener world when they could be doing something useful on the clan border.

If you attack it, the clanners will see it and will come to defend it.

You need active units to attack planets. We were the solo 12 near ceasefire. One 12 man isn't going to solo take a smoke jag planet with those kind of numbers. If they throw 60 at u then u have to defend. They can ignore a ghost dropping solo 12 and just laugh while we waste hours of our life.

Steiner was actively attacking our worlds and defending.

#4 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:41 PM

OP is right.
Defending is a zero sum gain with the best you can hope for is 0 or -1 per match, attacking nets you, at worst, no change. with a 0 or +1 outcome.

Had your forces been attacking, you would have (at worst case) swapped planets, and if your (Kurita's forces) are defending, there isn't space in the queue for the southern houses to help defend.

Edited by Roadbeer, 11 January 2015 - 10:43 PM.

#5 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:04 AM

This isnt the reason why we are losin ground every day.
The mainreason is that we are only 5 Units (3 NA, 2 EU) that tries to coordinate on HouseKurita. We have still plenty of units who refuses to join us there.
Like prophetic said we only had one 12man Group (-NS-) the last nights and they defended our planets against the steiner attacks. Some days ago we had 3 or 4 12man and we were able to conquer some Jagplanets without losing one planet. We dont have units that can play 24/7 with 12man so we have to get together what we have.

Our clanborder will always be a "PUGZone". I played several time solo there and was mixed up with a wild bunch of IS Pugs (Trialmechs, Rambo-behaviour, AFKler,etc). The 60+ doesnt mean that there are 60+ kuritaplayers. Most of time there are IS Pugs that just want to get a fast game.

If you want to change anything force your unitleader to join housekurita or for a soloplayer join HK TS and coordinate/attack with the others.

Edited by Reitmeier, 12 January 2015 - 03:54 AM.

#6 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:44 AM

View PostReitmeier, on 12 January 2015 - 03:04 AM, said:

The mainreason is that we are only 5 Units (3 NA, 2 EU) that tries to coordinate on HouseKurita. We have still plenty of units who refuses to join us there.

What is worse is that while there are other Kurita units out there, a good number of them don't use the Kurita teamspeak, and a greater number still seem to be actively refusing to play CW.

I want to play CW, but not only is the unit I just joined is only really active during US primetime, but I can't for the life of me convince them to do CW drops anymore.

The big five are really all we have to count on at this time.

Edited by ice trey, 12 January 2015 - 03:46 AM.

#7 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:47 AM

View Postice trey, on 12 January 2015 - 03:44 AM, said:

The big five are really all we have to count on at this time.

And thats just not enough because we cant play 24/7 and are spread over two timezones.

Edited by Reitmeier, 12 January 2015 - 03:48 AM.

#8 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:50 AM

Konnichi-wa House Kurita Warriors

Join forces for CW

ALWAYS CHECK THE HOUSE KURTA Team Speak

http://www.teamspeak...enjinvoice.com/

Bow
Muskrat

Edited by muskrat, 12 January 2015 - 04:56 AM.

#9 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 11 January 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

and if your (Kurita's forces) are defending, there isn't space in the queue for the southern houses to help defend.

Believe me when I say there are several people within the southern houses that are queuing up each night for the defense of Kurita space against clans. Push forward Kurita. Your friends to the south can help hold the fort.

#10 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

The help from other IS houses in defending our borders is definitely noticeable. Pretty much whenever we don't have to deal with defending against sneaky Steiner incursions we are able to take a clan planet or two. Getting tied up by units sending 3x 12man groups leaves us virtually unable to attack the clans at all.

#11 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

View Postpwnface, on 12 January 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

.......sneaky Steiner incursions

We will notice this. And that can be dealt with.

#12 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:42 PM

Now that we have our new embassy and FOB on Moore, we might be able to do something about those sneaky Steiner sleezeballs.

#13 Conreg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 11 January 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

Well to be fair...it depends on the planet....IF we feel that we'll maintain positive forward momentum along the attack corridor, we will let you trade a planet for us. We only worry about defense when there is a possibility of the overall corridor being derailed.

As TNT would connect us to Irece anyway, your taking of JZ does not threaten our forward momentum, so you would have taken it against our CGB allies (or perhaps) not, because the CSJ teams were focused on TNT fully tonight. Smoke Adders discuss this daily before putting out our CW focus for the day, just so that folks aren't caught flat footed chasing after defenses they do not need to mess with, OR so they know to retrench and defend a key world. And our Allies are kept aware too via the Smoke Alliance website.

I'm trying to imagine the brevity of the discussion in planning sessions... CSJ having literally one area to consider attacking or defending.

"Hey guys. Nice Jaguar costume. Attack or meh?"

Forgive me if my clan syntax is off. :P

..Let us trade a planet. *chuckles*

Don't worry. You'll have more to discuss soon.

#14 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:31 AM

View PostConreg, on 12 January 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

Don't you mean YOU will have MOORE to discuss soon.... :P

#15 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:45 AM

View PostConreg, on 12 January 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

I'm trying to imagine the brevity of the discussion in planning sessions... CSJ having literally one area to consider attacking or defending.

"Hey guys. Nice Jaguar costume. Attack or meh?"

Forgive me if my clan syntax is off. :P

..Let us trade a planet. *chuckles*

Well we always have three to defend, but CGB and ourselves do not bother with border raiding so that removes one.

It really only comes down to do we defend or ignore a DCMS counterattack based on where think the algorithm will take us next.

#16 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

Loose in CW? Is that some sort vile perverted Japanese Anime pron thing?

#17 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

Just attack Misery with pugs or something. The major Davion units pretty much refuse to play planet defense, so you'll take it practically uncontested. This is why Marik and Liao are currently taking back planets with impunity despite their numerical disadvantage.

#18 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 13 January 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

Just attack Misery with pugs or something. The major Davion units pretty much refuse to play planet defense, so you'll take it practically uncontested. This is why Marik and Liao are currently taking back planets with impunity despite their numerical disadvantage.

Wouldn't you rather play the game then ghost drop?

Besides there are plenty of fights vs clans and the new Steiner incursion.

Make yourself useful by attacking one of those.

#19 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

Take a look at this. Can you tell me what's wrong with this picture?

Posted Image

If you guessed "Oh, every other non-FedCom faction with a Davion border is getting free 100% wins while the Dragons sit on their thumbs", you win!

This "avoid additional fronts" thing is nonsense.

#20 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 13 January 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

Take a look at this. Can you tell me what's wrong with this picture?

Posted Image

If you guessed "Oh, every other non-FedCom faction with a Davion border is getting free 100% wins while the Dragons sit on their thumbs", you win!

This "avoid additional fronts" thing is nonsense.

Maybe u missed that those houses don't have the clans on their border.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users