30 replies to this topic

#21 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

What would be really nice is if the IS forces Clans back to their Invasion start world PGI then opens up the Homeworlds to us.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 14 January 2015 - 12:51 PM.

#22 Golden Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 14 January 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

What would be really nice is if the IS forces Clans back to their Invasion start world PGI then opens up the Homeworlds to us.

By that logic you would never have gotten the chance to attack Clan Wolf homeworlds because FRR should have ceased to exist months ago!

It's probably a good thing, because if the FRR players started playing for GB, the war would be over in a week.

Unless they only join to sabotage as I've seen some do!

Edited by Golden Vulf, 14 January 2015 - 11:23 PM.

#23 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 12 January 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

You are forgetting that Clan Wolf will surely be benefiting from higher rewards in the near future, and with the strong position the FRR is in right now our reward bonus will at least be cut.
Once that has happened we will see what the victories of the last weeks really are worth.

CGB seems to have found some of his old strenght and will want some revenge for the beating we gave them. However, now that they are our only contested front left things look not as bleak as at the end of last year.

We noticed that the lack of Wolf players is an issue, which is why QQ went to CSJ. We are going to pressure CGB from behind and have FRR pressure from the front, putting them in a pincer, and if MS and CI decide to book it off to Steiner, we will join Wolf and push on them there while beating back CGB some more.

#24 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:29 AM

From what I've observed, I'm pretty sure Wolf got tired of its neighboring Clans attacking its rearline planets, thus drawing people onto the defensive rather than allowing Wolf to attack into the Inner Sphere. It certainly didn't help that the "competitive" teams kept switching sides between the Inner Sphere and Clan factions simply to enable a battle against Wolf by default.

I certainly got tired of it. Especially when these attacks were coupled by people screaming "Wolf isn't making any headway into the Inner Sphere! Point and laugh!" No, we're not making headway because we're busy trying to stop your incursions elsewhere.

Although it isn't just Clan Wolf quitting Community Warfare...it's EVERYBODY quitting Community Warfare, due to flawed faction selection and retention mechanics, to a lack of "mercenaries-to-hire" options so you can use your unit coffer funds, to the idea that numbers-over-strategy win planets in Community Warfare, to ghost drops versus turrets, to perhaps the behavior of some members of the community, to a myriad of factors.

Why don't you ask Wolf if you want answers?

#25 BaconCouch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:03 AM

I think the Wolves have shown some teeth. Payed well too while I was working for them. Would work for them again.
They've also captured 5-6 planets in 2 days or so...still think they're dead?

#26 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 14 January 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Btw FRR isn't going to capture a clan home world. The worlds you will capture are freezing cold tundra wastelands previously occupied by pirates before the invasion, if you want a clan home world try going several billion light years north to the kerensky cluster and face the wrath of all twenty clans

In other news, the AFFS today crushed the Jade Falcon invaders due to vital and highly classified information leaked by one careless Falcon warrior. More on this story tonight on FCNN Nightly News.

Edited by Valar13, 23 January 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#27 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 12 January 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

You are forgetting that Clan Wolf will surely be benefiting from higher rewards in the near future, and with the strong position the FRR is in right now our reward bonus will at least be cut.
Once that has happened we will see what the victories of the last weeks really are worth.

CGB seems to have found some of his old strenght and will want some revenge for the beating we gave them. However, now that they are our only contested front left things look not as bleak as at the end of last year.

News flash...nobody is hording to wolf for the cbill bonus, and we are already taking back your worlds...while you draw on the entire IS to fight against us.

FRR will soon be an island faction.

#28 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

Please, spare me.

Wolf pilots are only coming back now because they realize that most of the mercs have left the FRR for other factions, some in clan space. They were too afraid of getting beaten time and again, so now after two weeks of said units being gone they finally feel its safe to crawl out of their burrows.

Meanwhile the FRR has been fighting off as many adversaries as Kurita and Steiner with less than half the manpower. Most of the time Wolves and Bears win planets not because they're better, but because they drop 60+ to a world at the same time while the FRR can only field maybe 48 at one world, if we're lucky.

So before you get back on your high horse, just know that when the c-bill bonus comes back around and all those mercs come back to the FRR, your tears about the 9S and meta and ghost drops will be just as sweet and savory as they were 3 weeks ago.

#29 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

Did someone say there will be tears? My Mechs need a good washing! ;)

#30 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostKarpundir, on 24 January 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

Did someone say there will be tears? My Mechs need a good washing! ;)

Too much Mech coolant has been spilled across the armor of my Mech's, so they are certainly getting dirty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users