Moore

42 replies to this topic

#21 BigZach

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

So, will Kurita give us permission to take Lambrecht too, and see if two planets on that border will give us another Steiner front?

#22 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:53 PM

Well if the clans ever get their act together and push towards Terra again we have a base where we can hit them before they get there now.

Edited by ThomasMarik, 12 January 2015 - 09:54 PM.

#23 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

PGI has already said that there was 1 attack and 1 defend option vs each faction. We will never get a 2nd attack corridor into another faction until PGI changes that.

#24 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:52 AM

Sooooo Moore and any Kurita planet paired up is going to be left alone. Works for me.

#25 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 12 January 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

I am rather upset that we took the world and then discovered it's only allowed us to attack our allies. Really?????

Told ya ;)

#26 P h a l a n x

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:54 AM

You never know, when each day ticks over there's a chance the planet might allow an attack the other way.

#27 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:35 AM

So, pending PGI's response to the development on Moore, do we want to discuss expanding our Kurita-based staging area with the Kuritans, in the hopes that it could open up an avenue into Steiner, and that we could help them secure their border with Steiner?

We wouldn't be able to have a second attack lane against Steiner, and we would probably have to take multiple Kuritan worlds, but if we can expand the Marik presence along that border, we might be able to shift our Steiner attack line to that part of the map (it has shifted across our long border before), and we could potentially lock off that entire side of the Kuritan border, providing them with the buffer against Steiner that the ROFLhogs have failed to achieve.

#28 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:27 AM

View PostDavers, on 12 January 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

PGI has already said that there was 1 attack and 1 defend option vs each faction. We will never get a 2nd attack corridor into another faction until PGI changes that.

which has proven to be false. Kurita cannot attack Moore because it is the source of the attack for several cycles

will it switch to allow kurita to attack Moore? Who knows? Though the situation with ghost bear vs. kurita is they never got to attack Kurita back b/c the only planet they could attack there was generating an attack on ghost bear

Edited by Tennex, 13 January 2015 - 10:31 AM.

#29 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

Let's see how long till a reciprocal planet opens up for Kurita in FWL space.

#30 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

We should really attack Lambrecht

According to twitter, PGI has been working on the algorithm and chances are they will go back and correct any problems caused by that aberrant algorithm come January 20th there will be no chances for us to make any progress in that territory. Plus all our progress will be erased.

#31 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostTennex, on 13 January 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

We should really attack Lambrecht

According to twitter, PGI has been working on the algorithm and chances are they will go back and correct any problems caused by that aberrant algorithm come January 20th there will be no chances for us to make any progress in that territory. Plus all our progress will be erased.

If that's the case, then moving into Kurita (an ally), and diverting their resources should be a 3rd Tier objective after advancing the fronts we'll be likely to keep.

#32 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:37 PM

If they take Moore from us they should have every faction give back a planet. Yes I know it was a bug in the algorithm. We still diverted resources for one cycle to take it. I don't think they will take it away anyway. People like to throw out the 'this is beta' . Well Betas are supposed to find weird stuff like this. Strange things like this should be expected. Quite frankly this 1 planet is going to be small potatoes compared the the havoc 3 ceasefires a day is going to cause.

I suspect that if any planets are going to be reset it is going to be this summer when they get out of beta and have everything more or less balanced and working. We will probably have a complete map reset.

#33 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 13 January 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

If that's the case, then moving into Kurita (an ally), and diverting their resources should be a 3rd Tier objective after advancing the fronts we'll be likely to keep.

but then how will we ever know how Marik would fair against the clan front?

#34 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:19 PM

Kurita is discussing whether we should allow marik to push through to the clan front, retaking planets behind you guys. We will report back with a council decision within 48hrs or so.

#35 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

View Postpwnface, on 13 January 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

Kurita is discussing whether we should allow marik to push through to the clan front, retaking planets behind you guys. We will report back with a council decision within 48hrs or so.

that would be awesome. though the algorithm is not on our side this cycle and is picking a planet that is further back...

Anyway i hope we can reach the clan boarder before PGI corrects it

#36 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

Who is the best point of contact for reaching Marik leadership? I want to make sure everyone is on the same page IF this happens.

#37 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:56 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 13 January 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

If they take Moore from us they should have every faction give back a planet. Yes I know it was a bug in the algorithm. We still diverted resources for one cycle to take it.

Well, we did grab 3 planets that cycle, and didn't lose any, so it is debatable how much we had to divert to take it. ;)

#38 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

View Postpwnface, on 13 January 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

Who is the best point of contact for reaching Marik leadership? I want to make sure everyone is on the same page IF this happens.

Roadbeer or Stingr4y.

#39 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

View Postpwnface, on 13 January 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

Clans?
I'm more interested in those smug FRR guys who run their mouths on the fourms.

View PostArnold J Rimmer, on 13 January 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

Roadbeer or Stingr4y.

Shhhh, that's supposed to be a secret!

He meant to say MP00 or Shade03 (Or, myself and Stingr4y, unofficially, in a super secret open "Hai Guise" kind of way)

Edited by Roadbeer, 13 January 2015 - 07:13 PM.

#40 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

View Postpwnface, on 13 January 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

Really going to the FWLM, since they are an amalgamation is the fastest way to disseminate info to the most active and coordinated Marik units. You can also contact the Seraphim, but we also remain tight with the FWLM so we share much information there too. I would highly recommend to any of your organized Kuritan companies to consider sending an ambassadorial request/application to the Seraphim for official consideration in future coordination efforts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users