10 replies to this topic

#1 $imon Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 272 posts
  • LocationYour sisters house eating her cookie & drinking her milk

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

First I know this is not the right place for this post, but I like to stick with my own clan brethren.

I have a comp that runs MWO and most other games on high-ultra settings with-out problems. I would like to start recording match's so that I may upload them to YouTube.

What and how do I do this ? I do have Fraps (full version) but I have heard that it sucks.

#2 Angel Devereaux

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:07 PM

If you have an NVIDIA card you can use ShdawPlay to record games, you just need to download the GeForce Experience

#3 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

For some reason I get a lot of client freezes running Shadowplay in CW.

#4 $imon Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 272 posts
  • LocationYour sisters house eating her cookie & drinking her milk

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

i got AMD

#5 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:01 PM

https://www.xsplit.com/index.php

#6 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:18 PM

AMD has a launcher program called AMD Gaming Evolved and within it is an option to record your gaming, sadly it is in beta so not all computers will be able to utilize this feature, it also has another beta feature which allows you to record to twitch as well. Also if you have Overwolf (generally an optional install overlay that can be installed with Teamspeak 3) it too has a recording capability. I haven't used it myself so I don't know how well it works.

#7 Jorunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:16 AM

I just got Dxtory and it works great for recording but the 11Gb file says it's going to take 900+ minutes to upload to Youtube, is there a more compressed method?

#8 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostJorunn, on 25 March 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

I just got Dxtory and it works great for recording but the 11Gb file says it's going to take 900+ minutes to upload to Youtube, is there a more compressed method?

You can use programs like Handbreak and Super Video converter to shrink the files by converting the format. I have Action! for recording and a four hour game session ended up at 98 gig.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostSimon Osis, on 12 January 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

First I know this is not the right place for this post, but I like to stick with my own clan brethren.

I have a comp that runs MWO and most other games on high-ultra settings with-out problems. I would like to start recording match's so that I may upload them to YouTube.

What and how do I do this ? I do have Fraps (full version) but I have heard that it sucks.

Step one.
Make sure you have gigabytes of space free, preferably on a Different hard drive than the game one.

Step two.
Record gameplay after ensuring you have desired settings on Fraps. (Mic record? Frame rate lock? Etc.)

Step three, use any third party movie editing software. Movie Maker itself is also useful. This is because you need to take raw footage (pure, untouched, and for a match of 30 minutes will be well into a hundred gigabytes), and compress it into something manageable for youtube (no more than 500 megabytes; the smaller the file size the better it will run for your viewers).

Step four. Upload the newly compressed and edited video.

Step five, release it to the public.

View PostJorunn, on 25 March 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

You must compress it yourself.

Anything that is 'good' for video recording requires that you compress it, otherwise the frame rates will be virtually unbearable and unplayable during actual gameplay.

Also, anyone on youtube worth much of anything will likely need to edit their videos (audio levels, remove static, shorten long plays by removing boring parts).

#10 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:56 AM

I got myself Bandicam for 30 bucks or something. It has lots of presets like 720p for youtube or Adobe compatible formats (for video editing).
The default 720p Youtube preset gives roughly 1-3GB per match. :)

And using OpenBroadcastingSoftware for twitch streaming also allows to keep the file on your hard drive so you can upload it later to youtube. Not sure if that also works without broadcasting, but it might be an option :)

#11 Stickjock

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:45 AM

No need to report a post that you liked, just a heads up.

Now, it's been a while since I've uploaded anything (upload speed from my ISP is nothing to brag about)... I run an Nvidia based GPU... and use their Shadowplay software to record... free and does a great job from what I've seen and experienced. Bonus using it is you can "ghost" record.

Basically, you can tell the software to ghost record so many minutes of video so even if you forget to manually record a drop/battle, at the end of the battle you can hit you hot-key and the software will save it for you...

Very nice that, have used that more times than I can count after having a great drop but forgot to press record.

As for editing... picked up a copy (after a recommendation) of AVS Video Editor...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users