Posted Image

+1 for an under appreciated movie.

#5 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

I just queued up alone on Phact. Just for you.

#6 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 January 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

I just queued up alone on Phact. Just for you.

I queued up with 4 guys on Phact. Still couldn't get a fight.

Tell you what Marik, you convince some of your PUGs to come over to Davion, we'll have a stab at fighting you again. As well as, you know, Liao. And at least 1 unit of reprobates over at Kurita.

Edited by Harathan, 15 January 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#7 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

Seriously Marik. We should just gang up on Liao and finish that up. Give us a bigger, broader border to play on and less distraction from shooting each other.

#8 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 15 January 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Seriously Marik. We should just gang up on Liao and finish that up. Give us a bigger, broader border to play on and less distraction from shooting each other.

There's certainly something to be said for being able to eliminate a Faction once it's reduced to just the capital world.

Besides, if we could finish off Liao, Marik and Davion would be able to think about a ceasefire. Marik and Davion working together? It'd be a race to the Pentagon Worlds and no mistake.

#9 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

I guess it comes down to who you'd rather race to the Pentagon Worlds with.

#10 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

we should be making serious Cbills right now not doing nothing, after all we sold weapons and mechs to the IS for C bills during the invasion(lore-wise). New bonus for FWL units....X amount of cbills for sitting around and doing nothing

#11 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:02 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 15 January 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Teaming up wiht Davion and going north is something I've been wanting to do for a couple weeks now. I'm not sure why it is all predicated on the removal of Liao. It also doesn't help that I started flaoting the idea around the time everyone decided we needed to get Zion provence back.

#12 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 19 January 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

Teaming up wiht Davion and going north is something I've been wanting to do for a couple weeks now. I'm not sure why it is all predicated on the removal of Liao. It also doesn't help that I started flaoting the idea around the time everyone decided we needed to get Zion provence back.

Because we owe a debt to loyalist and merc units alike to get their homeworlds back.

The road north, starts in the east

#13 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 19 January 2015 - 11:25 PM, said:

Because we owe a debt to loyalist and merc units alike to get their homeworlds back.

The road north, starts in the east

I know. What if I can come up with a comprimise? Let me get something wrote up and I'll get a post up in the morning when I get home. I can't really concentrate on it here at work.

#14 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:10 AM

View PostHarathan, on 15 January 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

There's certainly something to be said for being able to eliminate a Faction once it's reduced to just the capital world.

Besides, if we could finish off Liao, Marik and Davion would be able to think about a ceasefire. Marik and Davion working together? It'd be a race to the Pentagon Worlds and no mistake.

Just remember good folks of Marik, Davions have a treaty with Steiner , who along with Davion constantly attacks your borders. Davion will never allow you to attack Steiner without repercussions in the cost of your easternmost lands.
The nation of Liao , since our treaty, has yet to wage an attacking front on Marik soil.

Edited by Grynos, 20 January 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#15 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

Teaming up with the Dave instead of Liao is about the most harbrained idea I can think of.

Leaving aside how disgusting I find the guys under the Sword&Orifice banner (and red...so much red...ewww) strategically speaking it would be folly.

Liao can be trusted. Not because they are good guys or anything stupid like that, but because they are at a disadvantage against their enemies. PUGs notwithstanding, the real Liaos will have their hands full. They don´t have the manpower to open a second front. They cannot afford another active enemy. The arithmetics of grand strategy dictate they place nice with the Free Worlds.
The Dave? Well, do the math. He can attack 4 factions. One is "allied" as far as you can be with the current state of CW. And the mutual border is narrow = bad. Which leaves Marik, Liao and Kurita as targets. If you take one of them away (Liao front) the Dave manpower will distribute to the other two. Forum "alliances" or not, the Dave will attack us in force. It would only get worse if Liao is done for.
Math and geography are stronger forces than the forums.

Besides, they hold planets which are ours. Pride alone commands we take them back.

Funnily enough we conquer former Liao territory while helping them. Our help has its price, after all.

No, I don´t see any reason nor any future for a Marik-Dave cooperation. It would be unproductive, impossible to enforce, against all lore and above anything else, it would be frigging stupid. Quit bringing it up.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 20 January 2015 - 03:43 AM.

#16 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:46 AM

What is with this allying with Davion instead of Liao bunk? There is no reason for Marik to attack Liao. There is also no reason Davion and Marik should not ally and push north.

Yes I know Davion holds Marik worlds. Marik also holds Liao worlds. I don't see them launching senseless attacks against us to take them back. AS far as I'm concerned Lore can be damned. There is no hard coded Fedcom. We would be better served with a Fedleague or join all three into a Southern Alliance.

#17 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

And this is why we have civil wars...

#18 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:02 AM

No, this is why we have math.

An ally that needs you is trustworthy.
An ally that doesn´t need you is less trustworthy.

Therefore allying with the former is safer than allying with the latter.

So we forfeit a safety and gain...well...what exactly?

From whatever perspective you look at the matter, even if all things turn out in favour of this idea it is still bunk. And I pretty much expect that it won´t find alot of approval among the Marik community.
So, thankfully, this plan will not even become a factor.

--------------------------------

View PostThomasMarik, on 20 January 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

...Marik also holds Liao worlds. I don't see them launching senseless attacks against us to take them back. ...

They are also not even asking for them or whine about them. Notice something? Something I said about an ally that needs you?

Edited by Molossian Dog, 20 January 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#19 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:24 AM

Liao has been a faithful partner in our struggle against the Davions, and Marik will not be the one to go back on that first.

/discussion.

#20 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 20 January 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

Liao has been a faithful partner in our struggle against the Davions, and Marik will not be the one to go back on that first.

/discussion.

If the clans (well, with the exception of Wolf) keep going at the rate they're going, Marik and Davion may have no choice but to buddy up later down the line. At that point, it'd even be worth trying give Liao an attack corridor northward, be it thru Marik or Davion space.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users