48 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:50 AM

Seems like there's almost no Steiners dropping in CW anymore. Really, it looks like almost no one is dropping except CJF, which is ghost dropping their way through our worlds.

Have we basically decided that this is Beta, we've seen it, now we're waiting for the fixes (and inevitable reset) to happen? Or...what?

#2 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:51 AM

The map design and objectives provide very few avenues of gameplay. It was a good first try, but now we're going to need more options and more interesting fights.

That's my take, at least.

#3 SiR LoThaR

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:16 AM

At the time of this posting, I see 31 Steiner units queueing to defend an incursion from seven (7) attackers. I am personally quite fed up with my factions decision to never attack, and only defend. I may have to leave Steiner after my current contract, and go to a faction with some guts. Clearly Steiner has lost its nerve, and deserves to be over-run by the clans.

#4 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

Go Marik! We can always use someone who wants to fight!

#5 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

Because you guys lost several merc units, it's exactly what I have been saying about CW being unbalanced with merc units taking only a 7 day contract allow them to switch frequently. When we in JF lose our units you guys will once again be pushing back at us

#6 SiR LoThaR

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

I want to fight. It doesn't matter to me which front. Defending is losing, by definition. I realize I'm late to the game, and a lot of guys have become complacent. However, it seems to me, there are fronts to be contested that Steiner won't contest. There is no communication from leadership, and my unit has about 3 guys on at different times throughout any given day. A unit with 58 members btw. I have no RP stake in Steiner. It seemed to me that they had the largest number of active fronts. Which would mean, in any competently run faction, that action would be easy to find. I spent 80+ minutes in queue last night, and 110+ the night before. I need action, or I have to find a new game. Who's recruiting?

#7 Rasako

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostSiR LoThaR, on 14 January 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

I want to fight. It doesn't matter to me which front. Defending is losing, by definition. I realize I'm late to the game, and a lot of guys have become complacent. However, it seems to me, there are fronts to be contested that Steiner won't contest. There is no communication from leadership, and my unit has about 3 guys on at different times throughout any given day. A unit with 58 members btw. I have no RP stake in Steiner. It seemed to me that they had the largest number of active fronts. Which would mean, in any competently run faction, that action would be easy to find. I spent 80+ minutes in queue last night, and 110+ the night before. I need action, or I have to find a new game. Who's recruiting?

sounds like you take this **** way too seriously. Also, they desperately need to separate merc corporations and let them do their own thing so we dont have this constant borderhopping bullshit (or at least small groups of bandits/lone wolves/smaller merc corps)

Edited by Rasako, 14 January 2015 - 12:06 PM.

#8 SiR LoThaR

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostRasako, on 14 January 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

sounds like you take this **** way too seriously. Also, they desperately need to separate merc corporations and let them do their own thing so we dont have this constant borderhopping bullshit (or at least small groups of bandits/lone wolves/smaller merc corps)

I take my gaming time quite seriously. I'm married with children. Do the math. When I get an hour to play, I'd prefer to play rather than sit in limbo. As a "Lone Wolf" who joined an ostensibly active unit, I feel like I should be dropping much more frequently than I am. No RP stake involved. I just want to blow **** up.

#9 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostSiR LoThaR, on 14 January 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

At the time of this posting, I see 31 Steiner units queueing to defend an incursion from seven (7) attackers. I am personally quite fed up with my factions decision to never attack, and only defend. I may have to leave Steiner after my current contract, and go to a faction with some guts. Clearly Steiner has lost its nerve, and deserves to be over-run by the clans.

This. There was a point there a week or so ago where we had nearly pushed CJF to the Periphery, but now? All that territory's lost, I can't even find defensive drops, and they'll be landing on Tharkad in a week at this rate. Good thing it's beta?

#10 Wild Hog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 145 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

Don't give up.......group up! Let's face it folks, the CW population is really small. I'm not going to go into why, it just is. Every unit I know is having activity issues, my own included. So, I still want to play, and there's no chance I'll ever leave House Steiner. I also don't run from a fight just because we lost a few. It is a game.....and I just want to play.

Want to join the fight without any commitment to a unit? Want to be part of a 12-man and still fly your own unit's flag? Come to www.housesteiner.com, an open community where you can get together with other units and lone wolves. Join, form, or build one, or just be a free pilot without pressure.

#11 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 14 January 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Because you guys lost several merc units, it's exactly what I have been saying about CW being unbalanced with merc units taking only a 7 day contract allow them to switch frequently. When we in JF lose our units you guys will once again be pushing back at us

The length of contract isn't the issue. Even if it was a minimum 30 day contract, then we would have wild balance swings every 30 days. Which might be worse as people on the receiving end would have to put up with it 4x as long.

#12 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

I would recommend to come with this up again if this reappears after the patch. Lots of Steiner Units are German or in CET/GMT timezone. Also we tried to find matches against Marik and did not find a match. I think this is also a timezone Problem except on Weekends maybe.

#13 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

It would help if we weren't being attacked on all sides by tag hungry units to the north, south, and east.

Personally I could care less about the clan border. Having multiple comp units run roughshod over our pugs while insulting them lost its "fun" after two games. I'd much rather those groups fight turrets and win their "tag" war without my involvement.
As for south and east, I've had a blast playing matches against Kurita and Marik units and don't much care if its attack or defense at this point.
I don't care one whit about what the map looks like as it stands right now. Maybe after a patch or three once logistics get added, but right now? Good match>Map change

#14 Wittich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSchwäbische Alb/Germany

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:43 PM

As Stuffz said, the main cause for frustration in Europe is the attack window. One of our members complained, and the sentiments are getting stronger, that at the end of the day (in Europe), we had a planet – in attack-mode – to 100% secured. The next day, it was still in enemies’ hand, because we could not field one of our seven companies during the last hours before the ceasefire. This is the main cause of frustration. If we could fight them, and they are better, then so be it. However, we do not even get the chance to fight the American attackers or defenders, and that is just stupid.

This will hopefully improve in the near future with the different attack windows, until then, we will lose more planets.

#15 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:41 PM

Davion Command at one point tried to help Steiner defend planets... with the intention of sending one or two Merc units (including A.C.E.S) to Steiner faction if we got some sort of cooperation from Steiner units.
The result is that for a week every day we would ask Steiner units to attack and their would be 0 attackers every time during the last few hours before cease fire. Instead we saw Steiner units drop in small groups or as pugs to defend. A.C.E.S. would win nearly every time against Falcons (as long as it wasn't a comp team) but the end result was a loss of the planet and no attack.
With no support from Steiner units, ACES members decided to keep their Davion contract.

If you guys are frustrated by the results of the last few weeks, try to organize. Use the Steiner TS
ts3server://ts1.housesteiner.com to talk with other units, coordinate your attacks.

If you need help from Davion Command then come visit us at
ts50.bargainvoice.com:7345

Or at NGNG TS

Good Luck

[Redacted]

Edited by John Wolf, 04 February 2015 - 08:59 AM.
Keep recruitment in your recruitment thread please. :)

#16 Arjohan

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:12 AM

My unit doesn't go much CW 'cause of those long waiting time.

Now being personal, I like CW and I wanted to play it but lack of optimisation (serverside, with lack of proper hit detection, and clientside, 5 FPS to play a ******' map...) kills it, there is no reason for me to play it at this state.

#17 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:21 AM

plus the whole merc thing is setup wrong. as I understand[might be wrong] they decide who and when they work for. instead of being hired by a house. its all upside down, and backwards

#18 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:38 AM

View PostSudden, on 15 January 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

plus the whole merc thing is setup wrong. as I understand[might be wrong] they decide who and when they work for. instead of being hired by a house. its all upside down, and backwards

So PGI (who runs the Houses/Clans) now has to hire each individual merc unit?

View PostNikoliy, on 14 January 2015 - 11:41 PM, said:

Davion Command at one point tried to help Steiner defend planets... with the intention of sending one or two Merc units (including A.C.E.S) to Steiner faction if we got some sort of cooperation from Steiner units.
The result is that for a week every day we would ask Steiner units to attack and their would be 0 attackers every time during the last few hours before cease fire. Instead we saw Steiner units drop in small groups or as pugs to defend. A.C.E.S. would win nearly every time against Falcons (as long as it wasn't a comp team) but the end result was a loss of the planet and no attack.
With no support from Steiner units, ACES members decided to keep their Davion contract.

If you guys are frustrated by the results of the last few weeks, try to organize. Use the Steiner TS
ts3server://ts1.housesteiner.com to talk with other units, coordinate your attacks.

If you need help from Davion Command then come visit us at
ts50.bargainvoice.com:7345

Or at NGNG TS

Good Luck

Also :)

[Redacted]

It seems people are still in the dark how CW works. Small wonder that Steiner keeps losing planets.

Edited by John Wolf, 04 February 2015 - 09:00 AM.
moderated quote

#19 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:25 AM

View PostDavers, on 15 January 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

So PGI (who runs the Houses/Clans) now has to hire each individual merc unit?

You might be on to something there.... Why shouldn't PGI regulate somethings like player populations by simply not allowing certain factions to have contracts available to units?

#20 Zeece

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 14 January 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

Seems like there's almost no Steiners dropping in CW anymore. Really, it looks like almost no one is dropping except CJF, which is ghost dropping their way through our worlds.

Have we basically decided that this is Beta, we've seen it, now we're waiting for the fixes (and inevitable reset) to happen? Or...what?

Skye Rangers continue to drop a couple 12mans each night.. but there do appear to be alot of cricket lately

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users